It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Muslim Conflict??….Relax, Jesus is NOT returning soon!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

That is wrong as well. Revelations is premised on specific time frames. Once we know when the tribulation starts, we know when Christ will return.

No man knows the day and hour is a clue.

It does not say "shall not know" the month or year but do not know (present tense) the day or hour. This phrase is actually the Hebrew idiom for the "Feast that no man knows the day or hour", that is, "Yom Teruah" / "Feast of Trumpets/Shouting". This is the only feast day that you do not know in advance exactly when it is going to start because it happens on the day of the new visible crescent moon of the 7th month.

The statement was never meant to say we could never know the timing of the the Messiah's coming in advance. --Tim McHyde

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Wrong. You need to look at the greek. It is a singular entity.

reply to post by System

The problem with all of those AC is that the other parts of the puzzle were not known yet.

These days, pieces are all coming together, and a lot are known. Even better is that it is not just Protestant Christianity that is predicting this stuff. Most major prophecies of the world are starting to converge: The Mahdi, Maitreya, Hopi, Mayan, St. Malachi, etc.

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 21/6/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by System

1 John chapter 2 refers to many antichrists present at the time while warning of one Antichrist that is coming. The "many antichrists" belong to the same spirit as that of the one Antichrist. John wrote that such antichrists deny "that Jesus is the Christ", "the Father and the Son", and would "not confess Jesus came in the flesh." Likewise, the one Antichrist denies the Father and the Son.

en.wikipedia.org...

It would appear that it is not just my opinion

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by System

1 John chapter 2 refers to many antichrists present at the time while warning of one Antichrist that is coming. The "many antichrists" belong to the same spirit as that of the one Antichrist. John wrote that such antichrists deny "that Jesus is the Christ", "the Father and the Son", and would "not confess Jesus came in the flesh." Likewise, the one Antichrist denies the Father and the Son.

en.wikipedia.org...

It would appear that it is not just my opinion

That's a good answer there...huh system?

The spirit of AC is 'anyone' in history that denies Christ's assertion of Godhead...

but the ultimate denier has yet to surface...

OT

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by System
I'm shocked that so many people believe this stuff. You're using a very old book to predict something outrageous.

System, why are you denying the most scutinized collection of books in history? yet has stood the test of time? World's best seller, yr after yr? Billions of followers? Yet I agree the claims r out there...

OT

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I will quote another poster from a different thread:

Some of the descriptions, origins and characteristics of the Anti-Christ, or Beast:

1. The Antichrist; 1 John 2:18, 22; 4:3; 2 John 7.
2. The Assyrian; Isaiah 10:20-27; 30:18-33; 31:4-32; Micah 5:5.
3. The Little Horn; Daniel 7:8, 24; 8:9, 23.
4. A “King of fierce countenance”; Daniel 8:23
5. The “prince that shall come”; Daniel 9:26-27.
6. The “man of sin”; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12.
7. The “son of perdition”; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12.
8. The Beast; Revelations 11:7; 13:1-5, 12, 14-15, 17-18; 14:9, 11; 15:2; 16:2, 10, 13; 17:3, 7-8, 11-13, 16-17; 19:19-20; 20:4, 10.

While some in trying to understand prophecy have attempted to turn references of the Antichrist/Beast into a symbolic reference, into a ‘spirit’ inhabiting many people, or into a nation that spans the church era, these attempts break down with a correct application of the Hebrew or Koine Greek of the passages of scripture where the references are found. The use of the definite article ‘the’ with the present perfect masculine rendering in the Hebrew denotes a ‘title’ used as a proper name, NAMING A SINGULAR PERSON; the Koine Greek is even more exacting in that the “beast” IS a man, not a ‘thing’ or ‘place’ or a ‘period of time’ as would require the aorist tense, which is absent from the LXX and New testament passages where the references are mentioned; i.e.: THE man…, THE Assyrian, THE son…, A King…, THE prince…, THE beast.

Notice that in several places in the scriptures the Antichrist is given the title of the Assyrian; while this could denote the area of his origin, this would contradict numerous scriptures; one of those scriptures is Daniel 8:9. This scripture states that the ‘little horn’ “which waxed exceeding great” or gâdal yether (together used in size of area and direction of growth) ‘grow out, become exceedingly large in excess or superiority’ “towards” 'êl 'el ‘denoting motion towards’ “the south and toward” 'êl 'el ‘denoting motion towards’ “the east and toward the pleasant land.” In other words, the Antichrist comes from a land a great distance to the north and west of Israel; this could not be from the area of the old Assyrian Empire that surrounds with the main area directly north and east of Israel.

--SGTChas

[edit on 21/6/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
the definition of a generation is strange

All of the offspring that are at the same stage of descent from a common ancestor: Mother and daughters represent two generations,

now a current life span for modern man is around 70 years.

Israel was reformed May 14, 1948 and adding 70 years would make it Monday, 14 May 2018.

so anytime prior to 2018 would be my guess

Quick answer here..The bible solves it's own puzzles..Look at Psalms 90-10

The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

The generation being referred to here is 70 to 80 years long. Thereby the dates to watch for the last event of the Apocalyse is 2018 to 2028.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by ntech
Now consider the prophesies of Manessah and Ephriam. Manessah was to be a powerful nation in the end times. Ephriam a multitude of nations. The US would make a great Manessah candidate. And if it isn't it still could be a member of Ephriam. And that would make it a horn/toe of the prophesies.

ntech,

OK...appreciate the response...

In your one scenario, Manessah would be the US and Ephriam the UK, right? If so, what is said of them? Where do they fit?

OT

Not an easy question but lets see what there is I can think of here. The prophesies of Genesis 48 come to mind to start with.

Then moving on Daniel has information on the US if you read it the way i'm reading it. I belive that the prophesies of Daniel 8 and 11 are repeating. It appears that the US is acting out the role of Greece in the prophesies. So substitute USA for Greece in the prophesies and see what the predictions are. Those prophesies when added to the history of Greece 2000 to 2500 years ago appear to predict the future of the US.

It' late so i'll think about this for awhile and see what I come up with.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join