It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama will host next G-20 summit -- in Pittsburgh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Here we go again. Seriously, what is that actual point of these things?

Hopefully this one won't turn out like the one in London.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs just announced that the next G-20 summit will be Sept. 24-25 in Pittsburgh.

The economic problems of the Steel City and western Pennsylvania make it "a good place to highlight" the challenges of the global recession, Gibbs said. He added that world leaders will already be in the USA for the United Nations General Assembly.

The G-20 includes the world's leading governments, comprising 85% of the global economy. It met in April in London, and at that time Obama offered to host the next get-together.

Click here for full article

What do you guys think of this?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ohh_pleasee

I feel like our streets should look just like London's.. Do it as peaceful as possible, If the push comes to shove as it did in London... Then well ya know,, still try to keep it humain, no breaking windows and such.

I do wonder what they will discuss, I had the last one already played out in my mind, so I guess we will see.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Pittsburgh is a very small city, I wonder how they will manage this. Most of downtown will have to be shut down and I cant really think of a venue that would be appropriate for this. Interesting....

Actually because of its small size and downtown being surrounded by rivers it will be very easy to do crowd control. They will be able to easily shut down downtown without people gaining access to it, brilliant.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Phlegmi]

join