It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the sun causing the recent abnormal weather?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Yes there is a possibility that increased magnetic interference could affect brain waves. This is probably a better question for a neurologist. I would imagine that the interference would have to be pretty strong in order to affect human behavior. Our system is not that delicate, if it were you would notice mood swings every time you drove by high tension electrical wires due to the magnetic lines of flux that encompass the wires as electricity travels through. Any time electricity moves it creates magnetic lines of flux that surround the path the current travels. We are around this so much in our lives the body has learned to deal with it and to filter it out so to speak. These lines of flux are even present through electrical cords in your house when current is moving through albeit they are very minute under that scenario. Telephones, cell phones, and mp3 players probably have more effect than normal solar magnetism would have on the mind. I will reference my library and see if I can find any detailed material for you, but personally, I don't think there is going to be much effect unless the field is very strong.

In the Navy they were not allowed to activate radar while on the ground, it could fry you (literally). When they had to test newly installed radar they would take the plane up to high power (an engine testing site 1/2 mile away) and run it in isolation. I don't know much more than that about it as that was an AT's job and I was an AMH.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

Hey there thanks for the explanation. The first thing that comes to my mind when you mention high tension wires was that artist who put hundreds of florescent light tubes under high tension lines. The magnetic fields power them!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/013b27e6b708.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hi Zorgon,

What do you wish to know about earthquakes Zorgon my friend?

[edit on 22-6-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Wow Broken Head Phonez,

I've heard of such power leaking from power lines, but your photo of all of those bulbs lit up like that is very impressive indeed!!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Yeah, the photo is spectacular. They aren't "my" photos though,
but I should have the name here somewhere (I think), I'm juggling many things at once lol! This guy's blog is cool:

www.soenyun.com...

I'm sure someone interested in more of those photographs can google it. There's tons of info out there..

I can't believe that much energy isn't harmful to our brains, no way.. I don't buy it. The human brain may have evolved to compensate for temporary high field strength - but long term exposure I tend to think could contribute to brain cancer.

Hah, it is a nice thought for an outdoor party! Can we suck up some of the energy to power some turntables and some speaker stacks too?
hahaha!

That being said, can we please try and stick to the science though, ladies (I know they're not posting but they sure are reading, lol!) and gentlemen?

[edit on 21-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Something funny sure is happening. Hot like a flaming bbq grill these days.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 3Rotary

It's been incredibly hot here, too..

Around noon today It downpoured for about two minutes in a very intense manner, then very rapidly tapered off to a quick sprinkle, and abruptly stopped.

There were some massive clouds hanging around all day today. You could just see the moisture being sucked high into the atmosphere, and just as I hoped these massive grey clouds to dump all of the water on me - They simply vanished, to give way for some of the clearest skies I've seen in a while.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5f018ea79cb.jpg[/atsimg]

Sweet, the added a timestamp to the filename of GOES images, way to go! I like upgrades.

Also, Smurfy: I've been re-reading that paper all day, can you please explain the value of Φopen? My googling hasn't yielded me useful results.

And biggups to visible_villian for one of the most succinct yet brilliant posts ever, +1 internets11!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well, I've just received this message from a solar physicist:

I'm afraid that most of the phenomena you refer to have little or no relation to the solar wind or the Sun..

More questions ahh... I dunno, I have many papers that disagree with what he's asserting but he's done a lot of research..

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Very interesting thread op.

So called scientists are forever being fixed minded about their theories, then suddenly saying "We're really surprised, we didn't expect that".

Really nice photo of lit up bulbs.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
OK since it's the weekdays again I can't devote as *much* time as I have to this - but we need to ... define the effect we're looking at.

The energy could either be:

1. Solar (but most likely not)
  2. GRB / or extra solar emission
  3. turbulence
  4. magnetically transferred???
  5. null

I need to step away from the data for a while so I can relax my mind and come back with a refreshed mind...

[edit on 23-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Let me throw out another variable and I will cite a source so no one says I'm making the numbers up...

HELSINKI, Nov, 29, 2008 (Reuters) – Worldwide mobile telephone subscriptions reached 3.3 billion — equivalent to half the global population — on Thursday, 26 years after the first cellular network was launched, research firm Informa said.

Now reason would dictate 3.3 billion tiny little transmitters should have some effect on the earths magnetic fields right???

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The Earth magnetosphere appears to be travelling through smooth "space" with light winds of less than 300km/s..

Field axis variations are negligible, and traffic is snarled on I-90. This is brokenheadphonez from his Mom's basement, and now - back to you..

[edit on 23-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Wow incredible activity right now !!

Super busy but can't help but sneak in and let everyone know! Will post more info later!' Obviously this is a flare or increase!
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

www2.nict.go.jp...

[edit on 24-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Wow look at that compression around the bow shock!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a5d9fdcc0e8.jpg[/atsimg]

Densities moving up to 30 p/cc now in spikes..

[edit on 28-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well, if we see a spike in weird weather after this bashing, we'll have more data to go on..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d30a7dd22aee.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77b99f25ebf2.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 28-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
And Gakona magnetometer data.... ends abruptly...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d83b1e5b74e.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Nice picture
I used to do that with my Rally car back in Canada. Had a 1000 watt linear amp on my CB

Tape down the mike button and take a fluorescent tube out of the trunk

You could have fun as you held it one hand and ran your other hand along the tube it would light up only between your hands... We had a portable once and freaked people out in a lighting shop

But it makes a good case for Tesla's transmission of power

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Ulysses Reveals Global Solar Wind Plasma Output at 50-Year Low

September 23, 2008

PASADENA, Calif. -- Data from the Ulysses spacecraft, a joint NASA-European Space Agency mission, show the sun has reduced its output of solar wind to the lowest levels since accurate readings became available. The sun's current state could reduce the natural shielding that envelops our solar system.

"The sun's million mile-per-hour solar wind inflates a protective bubble, or heliosphere, around the solar system. It influences how things work here on Earth and even out at the boundary of our solar system where it meets the galaxy," said Dave McComas, Ulysses' solar wind instrument principal investigator and senior executive director at the Southwest Research Institute in San Antonio, Texas. "Ulysses data indicate the solar wind's global pressure is the lowest we have seen since the beginning of the space age."

The sun's solar wind plasma is a stream of charged particles ejected from the sun's upper atmosphere. The solar wind interacts with every planet in our solar system. It also defines the border between our solar system and interstellar space.

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Because those satellites that detected plasma 50 years ago were SOooOoOo advanced?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
Because those satellites that detected plasma 50 years ago were SOooOoOo advanced?

Naturally... you DO know about the secret space program surely? So what's it like at Gokona? Hey that reminds me... I need some help. You had that cool picture of those fluorescent tubes...

I need a better copy of the one showing the Cherenkov radiation

Okay okay this one is in India but surely the one in Gocona has more oomff?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join