It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks Rolling into Tehran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

That's the case in any revolution.
There are no guarantees

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Also...let's not forget about Al Queda and their possible influence in all of this. Iran would seem to be prime pickings for them.

Nah, seriously?

Al-CIAda are a construct. An enemy of convenience. You can't believe that they're really real, can you?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Does Obama have the guts to do something about this!

peykeiran.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-6-2009 by john124]

This is what annoys me. Let's leave conspiracy out of this for a second, but if we're in Iraq to help them gain their freedom because it's the right thing to do. Then what about Iran? How can we sit by and watch this unfold without taking action? I know it's not realistic but imo if we (the US) are going to push for freedom and democracy it should be across the board, we help everyone in the situation that Iran is faced with or no one. Picking and choosing what oppressed people we help seems wrong to me.

If this already being discussed in this thread I appologize I haven't read it yet but will go over it now. I just needed to get that off my chest.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Also...let's not forget about Al Queda and their possible influence in all of this. Iran would seem to be prime pickings for them.

Nah, seriously?

Different branch of Islam and if you recall, Iran had its own battles with the Taliban / Bin laden and pretty much said nothing when the US invaded and got rid of them.

It is unlikely that Al Queda would have any influence in Iranian internal politics

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I don't mean to sound outta no where here. But what is the cause of this rebellion by the Iranian people? I have been somewhat isolted from the news for a month, and am now back to the urban setting. Someone please fill me in.

Also why are the tanks coming in there?

Thank you.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Redneck from Hell]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redneck from Hell
I don't mean to sound outta no where here. But what is the cause of this rebellion by the Iranian people? I have been somewhat isolted from the news for a month, and am now back to the urban setting. Someone please fill me in.

Similar to when Bush stole the US elections, the Iranian people are claiming that their recent election was stolen.

The only difference is that they're prepared to do something about it, unlike the meek compliance that the US showed, when handing the pResidency to Bush.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

The incumbernt President won by a huge margin when every poll predicted either a close race or even an opposition victory.

You couple that with a general current of discontent and a few bad moves by the ruling religious elite and the anger builds and spreads.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Right on the money, mate!

Anyways, the U.S. will be criticized whatever course we take concerning Iran.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Also why are the tanks coming in there?

Thank you.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Redneck from Hell]

Iranians are sick and tired of the thieves and murderers in power.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
reply to post by xmotex

Let me guess. Khamnei will criticize the USA

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

US urges Iran to end 'violence'

US President Barack Obama has warned Iran to stop all "unjust action against its own people", after another day of protests over the presidential poll.

Witnesses said security forces used batons and live ammunition in clashes with protesters, who had gathered in defiance of the country's leader.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

I'm glad he has spoken those words, but what does warn mean? Getting a UN resolution? But Russia would never accept condemning an ally. We know Russia supports this regime, I hope Russia won't defend them militarily as well. It's all a mess.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
reply to post by xmotex

Let me guess. Khamnei will criticize the USA

Probably, right along with a lot of his friends right here at ATS.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Similar to when Bush stole the US elections, the Iranian people are claiming that their recent election was stolen.

The only difference is that they're prepared to do something about it, unlike the meek compliance that the US showed, when handing the pResidency to Bush.

Oh, and the anger and resentment towards Khaminei has been building up for years. Trust me, they expected change, they've had enough so now they're doing it themselves.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

This looks like a civil war.
Where is Obama?
Is he hiding under his desk eating ice cream?
He needs to promote democracy.
I heard they didn't even bother to stuff the ballot box over there.
They just declared the winner.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I was not and never will be a Bush supporter but the election was not stolen. In fact, the whole episode proved ONCE AGAIN how well the US System oF GOVT, WORKS.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Oh, and the anger and resentment towards Khaminei has been building up for years. Trust me, they expected change, they've had enough so now they're doing it themselves.

Which I don't have a problem with.

I fully support the right of the Iranians to slaughter each other in the streets, as many as need be, before they come to their senses. If they come to their senses...

I guess peace is an option that they won't be working towards. It never is, they've all got too much to lose with their fundamental, militant beliefs.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Iran police clash with defiant protestors

TEHRAN (AFP) — Tehran was tense after thousands clashed with police, defying an ultimatum from Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei for an end to protests over disputed presidential elections.

At least one person was wounded when shots rang out, a witness told AFP after Saturday's rally which, like other opposition protests over the past week, was off-limits to the foreign media.

A suicide bomber meanwhile struck a key regime monument -- the south Tehran mausoleum of revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini -- killing himself and wounding three people, two of them foreigners, state media reported.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

It is unlikely that Al Queda would have any influence in Iranian internal politics

True...i'm not saying they are...i'm just saying it's possible. If we are able to infiltrate countries and create coups...as we did in Iran...then it is possible.

Imagine if our country's government was suddenly overthrown...how would everything keep running? Who would be making the decisions as new leadership was coming through? How vulnerable would our national security be?

It can't be an easy transition and is just as easily corrupted as all governments are...after all...man always craves power.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What a joke!
We're going to rally behind Iran's youth, so they can be free.

We don't even have freedom in United States.
Who are you kidding?! Any type of protest in U.S.
is now considered low-level terrorism.

So we are taking a stand for something in Iran
that isn't even permitted here under the American Fourth Reich?!

The last time we tried to save a nation from an "evil dictator"
we killed around 1.3 million of their people.

America is a joke now. We are broke.
We are bogged down in numerous wars.
We can't save ourselves.

This whole thing is just another CIA
scheme to get us into another war we
can't win.

We are once again being played by the American media and government in order to shore up support among the American people in order to justify another attack on an innocent nation by our own government. It's just another ploy to steal even more of our money to fund another military
expedition that won't benefit anyone but bankers.

www.blacklistednews.com...

www.blacklistednews.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Which I don't have a problem with.

I fully support the right of the Iranians to slaughter each other in the streets, as many as need be, before they come to their senses. If they come to their senses...

I guess peace is an option that they won't be working towards. It never is, they've all got too much to lose with their fundamental, militant beliefs.

I don't think the Iranian people as a whole are really that much from us in the west. They want freedom, democracy and religious freedom. Yes there are probably around 20-30% of Iran who do support this regime, but they are the older generation who have much to lose in terms of control when can no longer repress the younger generations. Although I must add plenty of older folks are out there protesting as well. An 80 yr old woman was shot in Tehran today by the thugs.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join