It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks Rolling into Tehran

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I hope OBAMA is paying close attention ... he keep moving with this communist agenda .... after he proclaimed No American Gov't involvement in 911.... after the VP Biden was hand delivered the proof it was.... ah, who do these people work for again...?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Good point. The interesting thing about this is that the Iranians seem to be pointing the finger at Britain, not the US, maybe that explains Gordon Brown's attitude of nonchalance. Hopefully if they are involved it will be the final push to get him out of office, the Brits hate him and what his administration has done to their kingdom.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hunty

That was horrible, I wish I had not watched it.

Disgusting, a helpless, defenseless girl murdered like that, no matter what the context should not go unpunished.

I pray God is on the side of the Iranian people, and that they can bring about their own liberation from this evil tyrannical theocratic regime.

A religious authority that rules a people with such deceitful and murderous policies should not be able to claim that they are the servants of God... They are evil. pure and to the core.

Pray for their downfall, and for retribution, freedom and liberty for the brave people of Iran.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Well said Jay. Is it just me, or does the coverage of this story remind anyone else of part 2 of Zeitgeist: Addendum? John Perkins exposed 3 stages of attack in Confessions of an Economic Hitman: the first being the attempted corruption via the economic hitmen, 2 being the attempted overthrow via media propaganda and assassination attempts utilizing jackels, and 3rd military intervention based on support globally arising from the media coverage.

I'm probably reading too much into this but it just seems so familiar.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Foppezao, I totally agree with you. I wouldn't be surprised if there are intelligence forces from many different countries doing their thing in Iran, right now. But, this is a revolt of the people. I spoke to a Persian friend of mine worried for his family in Iran and he wants this revolution to happen.
Not every single thing that happens on the face of this earth is a Bilderberg-TPTB conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkHorse

Actually there is a lot of texture to this that most might be missing which can lead to erroneous perspectives of a dualistic nature...

The main difference between Ahmadinejad and Mousavi is Mousavi's campaign on having better relationships wit the west and the rest of the international community.

This is the origin of the peoples desires... They are tired of being isolationist...

Now there are many other textural pieces to this, such as where the ultimate authority resides, with divinity or with the people, and that is also coming to a head here.

Still there is the sense of eventness being experienced by the youth who view the current form of government as anachronistic

The women who are tired of the legal system being tilted toward men, increasingly so...

And many other reasons are behind this situation....

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
reply to post by Genfinity

Looks like the Chinese press is jumping in on Iran's side, interesting article:
news.xinhuanet.com...

I'm not sure if they are jumping in on the Iranian peoples side or the Ayatollahs side..

I know one thing for sure... China doesn't want Iran to be pro-American... And if the people get their way I bet it turns that way...

what makes you think they want to be pro american?If i was a muslim living in that country I wouldnt want anything to do with america after its wars in Iraq and Afganistan

Do you honestly feel Iran wants to get in bed with America?

Let me put it this way,if you were a muslim living out there would you be pro american considering that blood spilled in two countries on your border for the last few years.

Sure the religious leaders are backwards in many ways,hiding beutifull woman behind head scarfs is a travesty,the treatment of gays is disgusting,but I dont think they want to be pro american,just pro Iran with a more modern western culture of less religion/drinks ect

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by noangels

No I don't think they are going to go pro-America overnight.

And there is a lot of things we have to repair with Iran.. I realize that.

But I am heartened by the idea that the people want better a relationship with the west and the international community. They want to be isolationist no longer...

I realize that we will have many bridges to build back, but it would be a situation in which we can forge a more amicable and stronger relationship.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The irony of that statement is that Iran progressively enforces laws protecting the rights of transsexuals and provides medical coverage for sex reassignment surgery.

I think the average Iranian wants to share the relative financial
stability and standard of living most Westerners enjoy and to be able to have a comparable standard of personal liberty, but they want to be able to do it in the context of their culture and religion.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce50476520fb.jpg[/atsimg]

Freedom craving 'fuelling Iran unrest'

The Iranian leadership is falling into the same trap that their arch-enemy the Shah of Iran fell into in the 1970s.

They are not listening to the people.

After a meeting with Shah Reza Pahlavi, the US ambassador William Sullivan complained: "The king will not listen."

Republicans urge Obama to get tougher on Iran

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama should take a firm stand to support the street protests that have engulfed Iran since its disputed June 12 presidential election result, U.S. Republican senators said on Sunday.

"He's been timid and passive more than I would like," said Senator Lindsey Graham on ABC's "This Week with George Stephanopoulos" television news program.

That's exactly why the US should stay out of the situation.
Let the Iranians decide for themselves and only later if they want an open relationship with the west and the US then by all means we should at that point support them. But if we do anything too soon we will be accused of trying to set up another puppet Government.

There will be those who no matter what happens will say on either side the US has done the wrong thing

[edit on 21-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
That's exactly why the US should stay out of the situation.
Let the Iranians decide for themselves and only later if they want an open relationship with the west and the US then by all means we should at that point support them. But if we do anything too soon we will be accused of trying to set up another puppet Government.

There will be those who no matter what happens will say on either side the US has done the wrong thing

So you think CIA is not doing their jobs?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bluepanic

Hey news flash....

Not everything is a CIA plot.
Only the things that go wrong IMO

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman

The irony of that statement is that Iran progressively enforces laws protecting the rights of transsexuals and provides medical coverage for sex reassignment surgery.

not exactly true - the Iranain government 'offer' forced transgender re-assignment for repeat offenders.
If declined and caught again, they are hanged.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I wonder if the Iranian diplomats are still invited over for hot dogs on July 4th?

Hot dog diplomacy: US woos Iranian diplomats with July 4 barbecues

Did you know that the name 'hot dog' was coined by the same crowd that described flatulence as a "bronx cheer'?

Have you ever seen a horny male dog when a female was nearby?

and tanks rolling into Tehran means that the Republican Guards have arrived.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

reply to post by bluepanic

Hey news flash....

Not everything is a CIA plot.
Only the things that go wrong IMO

So you think the Iran revolt is wrong? but it seems you are pretty excited.

CIA is working for US interests, they are doing the right thing for them, not necessary right for others. But your previous comment is very hypocritical as if US did nothing. Just can't help replying it.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka

The Republican guards are the former "Iraqi" Elite do you mean the "Revolutionary Guard"?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluepanic

So you think the Iran revolt is wrong? but it seems you are pretty excited.

CIA is working for US interests, they are doing the right thing for them, not necessary right for others. But your previous comment is very hypocritical as if US did nothing. Just can't help replying it.

No...

that's your twisted view on this situation.
Please don't put words in my mouth thanks.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
All it takes is one dodgy move for all of this to go pear shaped. Idiot republicans trying to pressure Obama into 'getting tough' on Iran.

It's just going to turn into another 'Iraq', but infinitely worse.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka

The Republican guards are the former "Iraqi" Elite do you mean the "Revolutionary Guard"?

From Global Security.org

The Republican Guard was the best of the Iraqi ground forces. The RGFC was Iraq's most capable and loyal force, and received the best training and equipment. It began as an elite organization tasked with regime protection. This organization served as the core around which to build an elite offensive force, which grew dramatically during the last two years of the war with Iran. During the Iran-lraq war this organization was expanded from a Palace Guard of one brigade into a separate force -- the Republican Guard Forces Command -- of thirty to thirty-three brigades in seven divisions.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Video of the Protesters overwhelming the Iranian Riot Police!

Amazing!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join