It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks Rolling into Tehran

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Kombatt98

OK so let me get this straight....

So by your logic You're saying the Iranians are too stupid or feeble minded to know what they want right? Am I understanding you correctly here? Because In 1979 those very same people made a very similar choice now they are changing their minds.

For the record I support a non interference in Iran's issues. I say let them decide for themselves. But there are some around here who obviously think that no matter what happens it's all the Great Satans fault.

yadda yadda Blah Blah blah

Change that channel that was last years hit song.

No most of these protestors weren't even born back in 1979, so how could they have chosen to start an Islamic revolution?

Wow that was the easiest comment ever to reply to

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kombatt98

Originally posted by tempest501

I def think there has been some stirring at least, I mean on the BBC they did an article about protest and used a Photo from a rally supporting the elected.

I'm not going to make excuses but have you thought of the possibility of it being just a stupid mistake on someones part when they needed a stock image for the article?

It happens all the time.

BS, its a common method used by western media for demonising others, like using rumours , false images etc.

western media has no credibleity . whatsoever

It's funny you say that. Read and understand Islamic regime state propaganda, every single line is absolute bull#.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Hey thanks for pointing out my typo.

I left out a word. It does change the whole meaning now doesn't it

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The BBC is providing a number and asking the demostrators to send video/pics there.It also warns them not to risk injury trying to acquire these.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempest501

reply to post by Rewey

Iran is no Paradise I think their people are tired of the BS and I pray they are safe.

I think there is no one that can deny that statement is true.

I think it's a statement in many parts...

Iran is no paradise - that's for sure. Although there have been many positive changes over the past few decades, things like insisting women wear traditional clothing is getting more strict. Go to Iran in the 70s and women wore western clothes everywhere in public. But that's not to say it's all bad.

Tired of all the BS? When will Americans get tired of all the BS? Seriously, I admire the Iranian people because when they smelt a fraud, they actually got organised, and are trying to do something about it. When Bush did the same in his first term, everyone got upset, but nobody did anything about it. Michael Moore made a doco about it, but just to make another million or so dollars. Heck, the fact that his doco has been played on Fox, which is one of the stations he blames with making the initial false reports, should be ironic enough that people will slap their foreheads in disbelief!

Pray that they are safe - absolutely. This is part of why I think the west needs to keep the military out, and keep Israel on a leash. 1 million dead Iraqi's are enough justification for my thoughts here. If you don't agree, that's fine. But for me, it's enough.

Looks - let's think about it for a minute. For decades the world was terrified at the thought of India and Pakistan owning nuclear weapons. But what has happened since? Absolutely nothing. The situation in Mumbai had nothing to do with that - that was aimed at western society.

So even if Iran WAS trying to make a nuke, why would the situation be any different? What we DON'T need is the western media trying to justify 'preliminary' strikes on Iran, and dehumanising the political situation there to encourage public support for action...

Rew

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Rewey]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

John, it was reported that most of the protesters are born during the late 70's, when Iranians were asked to go and reproduce,

Khomeini pushed procreation to bolster the ranks of "soldiers for Islam," aiming for "an army of 20 million

These are the same children who are on the streets today protesting, with their children as well. Seems his plan may have backfired a bit on him.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rewey
Mumbai had nothing to do with that - that was aimed at western society.

So even if Iran WAS trying to make a nuke, why would the situation be any different? What we DON'T need is the western media trying to justify 'preliminary' strikes on Iran, and dehumanising the political situation there to encourage public support for action...

Rew

Let me ask you a question. Have I or anybody here advocated the US getting involved militarily in Iran's issues right now?

Or are you making more assumptions here?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Exactly

History does repeat itself.
Police force Iran protest off streets

"This is like [the revolution in] 1979," said one older man on the streets yesterday. "But it's more dangerous. People had money in 1979 to escape and to get by for months. Now they don't."

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

Agreed the last thing we want is for us to get involved. We need to let them fight there own battle. I know this may sound harsh as there is the potential for a very hostile situation but if we get involved will just end in another pointless war where more hatred can breed against the west.

I def agree with your statement about them standing up when realising there election may have been rigged. I would like to say if that happened the UK we would do the same but im not so sure.

link   

Originally posted by john124
One line statement as this is breaking news:

This is a reliable website that confirms this in Farsi, I had this translated to English by an Iranian I trust.

Not sure how you classify a trusted person or a site.

Does the name Cayman Islands have any relevance as to the validity of the site or the person you have been in or are in contact with ?

[edit on 21-6-2009 by tristar]

link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Certainly not you - you seem to be one of the few voices of reason here...

But unless I misread a bunch, a lot of the comments on the first page or two kept asking why the US doesn't get involved, or what is Obama going to do about it?

As far as I'm concerned, Obama should say "Hmmm... I hope they get that sorted out soon...", and leave it at that. I saw great hope when Obama first came into power, suggesting he was going to right some of the disagreements between the Muslim world and the west. I just don't want him pushed into doing something stupid here by mislead public opinion...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by john124

John, it was reported that most of the protesters are born during the late 70's, when Iranians were asked to go and reproduce,

Khomeini pushed procreation to bolster the ranks of "soldiers for Islam," aiming for "an army of 20 million

These are the same children who are on the streets today protesting, with their children as well. Seems his plan may have backfired a bit on him.

Ah, well they were either not born or very young in 1979. Yes I've heard the phrase children of the revolution are now revolting with their own children. How fitting.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

This is a reliable website that confirms this in Farsi, I had this translated to English by an Iranian I trust.

Does the name Cayman Islands have any relevance as to the validity of the site or the person you have been in or are in contact with ?

Well the mods provided a google translation which can confirm it for you. I don't know any more than that, and twitter has gone quiet now about it now after previously saying it was confirmed and swapping between unconfirmed and confirmed. We'll have to just wait and see, and hope that these are the army joining Mousavi.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Sky news disgracefully posts breaking news about mosque getting bombed yesterday as state tv in iran announces it. Don't they realise at sky that state tv is propaganda tv for the regime.

There's a thread on ats about that suicide bombing and loads of people came up with the conclusion that the regime did it themselves to try and make the protesters look violent in western medias eyes. And the media is falling for it again and again and again!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Sky news disgracefully posts breaking news about mosque getting bombed yesterday as state tv in iran announces it. Don't they realise at sky that state tv is propaganda tv for the regime.

There's a thread on ats about that suicide bombing and loads of people came up with the conclusion that the regime did it themselves to try and make the protesters look violent in western medias eyes. And the media is falling for it again and again and again!

See... this is what I don't get. You flaming the media about listening to Iranian state TV, and saying they're duped again and again. Yet you would have no idea whether the story about a bombed mosque is true or not. You seem to be assuming it's not.

However, when they forge their own stories, you say it was all an honest mistake, just using 'stock photos'. I find it dangerous not to be objective with the news.

In your second post (I think it was the second one), you said people were having their doors kicked down and were being executed in their homes and on the street, yet there has been no confirming source other than twitter and a website in the Cayman Islands, which is not too close to Iran, I believe! Now you're saying twitter is going quiet about the whole ordeal.

Both sides of the media need to be scrutinised - you can't flame Sky news just because they tell a side of the story you don't like...

Rew

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

Well the mods provided a google translation which can confirm it for you. I don't know any more than that, and twitter has gone quiet now about it now after previously saying it was confirmed and swapping between unconfirmed and confirmed. We'll have to just wait and see, and hope that these are the army joining Mousavi.

I do not care what the mods do. The site is there for a purpose and it has served its purpose by being posted into a site like this and amongst several other hundred sites as a link of news relating to the Iran issue.

You should research into a site which you know nothing of, before accepting to present it as a valid source of news. I am not attacking you or your view, i am openly questioning the validity of the news site and its content as it obviously is biased in every which way possible and the fact that it resides in the Cayman Islands is more proof, since i too use that sector for my own purposes which are non-news related.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

In your second post (I think it was the second one), you said people were having their doors kicked down and were being executed in their homes and on the street, yet there has been no confirming source other than twitter and a website in the Cayman Islands,

Well as much as I hate to quote them FOX News showed a phone video of a very similar situation.

That report is what it is...

I'll say no more

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

In your second post (I think it was the second one), you said people were having their doors kicked down and were being executed in their homes and on the street, yet there has been no confirming source other than twitter and a website in the Cayman Islands,

Well as much as I hate to quote them FOX News showed a phone video of a very similar situation.

That report is what it is...

I'll say no more

Touché...

Well, if Fox is running with it...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

This is what life on earth is all about. The Iranians are setting an example for the rest of the world. We should all take that to heart. It saddens me that things have to be this way, but this is the way it has to be done, with blood. The Iranians look like they are ready to sacrifice blood for freedom. They will win.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Just curious, why do you think America, the UK, or Israel should do anything about this? The world (and MOST everybody on ATS) looks at America as either evil or misguided for going into Iraq. Middle Easterners want us to mind our business. The same with the UK. As for Israel, the whole world looks at them as crazy or evil for wanting to do away with the current Iranian regime. So, why should anyone of these country's get involve overtly with Iran's in house problem?

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join