It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks Rolling into Tehran

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The tanks are now coming most likely because of the recent Death to Khomeni threats that have been heard on the youtube videos....

That's more than an insult... its this "crossing of the red line" we keep hearing about... I believe that red is the color used for a very obvious reason now...

I have an interesting question though... what if you ran for president, not with the intent to win, but with the intent to start a revolution?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
wellll boyssss, looks like were .ing into iran. you know that it'll happen. this give the perfect reason to go in. i can hear it now from Obama "we need to liberate this people at once, people of iran want freedom and they are being denied."

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by rogue1
Afterall this is exactly what the American propaganda machine wants (AND NEEDS). We'll probbaly find out in a few weeks that it was a couple of drunken college kids, lol.

Originally posted by rogue1

The Iranians know all about warfare in urban environments, they were quite successful against US forces in Iraq.

Give it a rest Rogue only you can turn a peoples struggle into your persoanl soap box to voice your Anti-American stance. This isn't about you or your twisted view of the US!

It's about the people struggling for their rights.

Pathetic.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

show me the evidence that CIA is not attempting to overthrow the iranian govt .

pathetic evil america

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I believe we should stay out, but shouldn't the Obamassiah at least issue some sort of official statement?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I really wonder how many of these reports of fighting terrorist attacks and war's would still be coming in if all the major power's said, we have had enough of this nonsense and went back to all their respective corners?
How many people would continue to fight and kill knowing that NO ONE had their back? Very few if you ask me.

I don't blame the Iranian people for wanting their voice's to be heard. But it is high time people learned to defend themselves and stopped screwing around because big brother country x has their back. I bet allot more governments would be less likely to mess around. IF they knew the only thing they had to back them up was themselves in a situation like this one right here.

It is time for all of us to stop fighting and just live more honestly! Then there would be no need for it at all. We don't need to keep jumping in everywhere we all need to stay home for once.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
ten of thousands of pro-admadinjad protesters met valli-asr aquare

Tens of thousands of Iranians on Tuesday gathered in a central Tehran square, in an apparent show of support for re-elected President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The supporters met at Valli-Asr Square, but the Iranian president was not among them as he is on a visit to Russia to take part in the Shanghai Cooperation Council summit.
www.albawaba.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

BBC Caught In Mass Public Deception With Iran Propaganda
The BBC has again been caught engaging in mass public deception by using photographs of pro-Ahmadinejad rallies in Iran and claiming they represent anti-government protests in favor of Hossein Mousavi.

An image used by the L.A. Times on the front page of its website Tuesday showed Iranian President Ahmadinejad waving to a crowd of supporters at a public event.

In a story covering the election protests yesterday, the BBC News website used a closer shot of the same scene, but with Ahmadinejad cut out of the frame. The caption under the photograph read, 'Supporters of Mir Hossein Mousavi again defied a ban on protests'.

The BBC photograph is clearly a similar shot of the same pro-Ahmadinejad rally featured in the L.A. Times image, yet the caption erroneously claims it represents anti-Ahmadinejad protesters.

www.propagandamatrix.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

yes staying out of it would probley be the right thing to do but. you know, doing the right thing isnt always doing the right thing

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kombatt98

Ahmadinejad thanks Leader for support

It added, "Doubtless you have hoisted the Iranian nation's flag of glory and awareness before the arrogant powers. National accord, unity and esteem, are of paramount significance to national interests ... unconditional exercise of justice, reciprocal nation-government trust and collective determination aimed at resolving obstacles to the country's progress are all public demands that were crystallized in your constructive comments."

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

The satellites see no tanks in Tehran -- unless they are US Army Abrams. That would be a classified satellite photo and Google would go to jail to release it.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

show me evidence , that CIA is not behind , it is a known fact that US govt and CIA have been trying to destabilise iran since 1979,refer to mike ruppert iran contra scandal, 1980-88 war, in which USA porvided chemical weapons to kill millions of iranians , them CIA has been providing 300$ million for anti-iranian propaganda to overthrow islamic iranian govt .

pathetic USA

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose
I believe we should stay out, but shouldn't the Obamassiah at least issue some sort of official statement?

Well Kissinger thinks Obamas stance on this has been the best...

"I think the president has handled this well. Anything that the United States says that puts us totally behind one of the contenders, behind Moussavi, would be a handicap for that person"

Honestly though, Obama hears Americans who support the Iranians in their civil war. America has already given her perspective on it through the internet... I don't believe there is a need at this point for us to officially get involved with their civil war, although, I want to reach out and help in whatever way I can as an individual.

Now.. tomorrow, Sunday, will most likely be a new day, with more video, and Tanks will be the words of the day...

We may see a different Presidential stance tomorrow..

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
Yer! it's none of our business! If the Iranians want a new government then they will have to fight for it them selves! But I wish them the best of luck

That's how I feel. Plus I simply don't trust the media or even people claiming to be Iranians on the internet. It could be nothing of the sort but I'm always wary of anyone (the MSM most of all) wanting to gain support for another war of liberation in this oil rich region. I don't have any idea what the real situation is because I'm skeptical of everything I have read but whatever the situation I hope it is concluded with as little loss of life as possible.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Yeah right!

As if the US and UK forced people into the streets to burn stuff. Give me a break. This only shows how delusional these people are. I mean they pretty much shut down all forms of communications so how exactly did the US and UK ferment this? What they really need to do is grow up and look at themselves and stop blaming everybody else for their own issues.

It seems that the powers that be in Iran have forgotten their own history. If you push people too hard they will inevitably push back. I think some there feel as if they have been backed into a corner with their backs to a wall. You know what they say about a cornered animal. You can control the some of the people some of the time but not all the people all of the time.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Kissinger threatens regime change in Iran if coup fails

There are some very telling comments made by Mr. Kissinger in this short video .

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Max_TO]

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Max_TO]

link   
I think we should stay well out of this. For all we know the CIA could have been behind the scenes pushing this, not like they havent done it in the past.

That said I think the people protesting genuinely believe in there cause and I respect them because despite what could happen they are still out there doing what they believe in (allthough i do believe there may be guys stirring it up).

You know if we had a rigged election here in the UK the people would prob just moan and not really do anything just like the romours of the Bush election in the US.

Peace be with them though and lets all keep them in our thoughts.

link   

I would be very surprised if the CIA wasn't operating in Iran. We are talking about a member of Bush's "axis of evil" here. I do agree that there is no evidence of direct involvement in what is happening now but the CIA have stated it is their goal to destabilise Iran.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

h right! As if the US and UK forced people into the streets to burn stuff. Give me a break. This only shows how delusional these people are. I mean they pretty much shut down all forms of communications so how exactly did the US and UK ferment this? What they really need to do is grow up and look at themselves and stop blaming everybody else for their own issues.

the american propaganda media , is exgarrating the situation in iran , its just another color revolution sponsored by USA and the west to rape the resources of another poor nation ,

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Kombatt98]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Check out twitter for updates, although not everything there is true. It won't be reported in western media until later in the day I presume. We don't have anyone there to report it, and even then it will be people on the ground videoing it with their mobile phones and uploading to youtube if they can get online. I don't know how they manage it.

search.twitter.com...

search.twitter.com...

search.twitter.com...

Twitter did confirm the tanks by several users and said they'd seen them personally, but that was 5 hrs ago. And since then it has been said to be unconfirmed and then confirmed on and off.

Although the Farsi source in the .er still remains saying tanks placed into Tehran.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by john124]
Thanks for the links and info john.I will keep an eye on the news services till daybreak and report back to thread of anything signifigant.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I def think there has been some stirring at least, I mean on the BBC they did an article about protest and used a Photo from a rally supporting the elected.

Also not like they havent meddled before:

www.gwu.edu...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

OK so let me get this straight....

So by your logic You're saying the Iranians are too stupid or feeble minded to know what they want right? Am I understanding you correctly here? Because In 1979 those very same type of people made a very similar choice now they are changing their minds.

For the record I support a non interference in Iran's issues. I say let them decide for themselves. But there are some around here who obviously think that no matter what happens it's all the Great Satans fault.

yadda yadda Blah Blah blah

Change that channel that was last years hit song.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join