It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you trust Alex Jones

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
After watching his Y2K broadcast, I don't believe anything he says any more

www.youtube.com...

his like a conspiracy nut who believes in anything, i also realised he hardly checks the facts
Some of the things Alex Jones guest said on air were lies, i cant find any source for there claims

i'll give you an example Alex had a Freemason called freeman, he said Hitler seam is secretly kept , but when i did a google search which i spent over 20 Min doing , NOTHING came up

i bet Alex Jones reply to this is " oh the ancient secret society the "illuminati" wants to enslave humanity and take over the world so they removed the pages"

[edit on 20-6-2009 by dino1989]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dino1989
After watching his Y2K broadcast, I don't believe anything he says any more

www.youtube.com...

his like a conspiracy nut who believes in anything, i also realised he hardly checks the facts
Some of the things Alex Jones guest said on air were lies, i cant find any source for there claims

i'll give you an example Alex had a Freemason called freeman, he said Hitler seam is secretly kept , but when i did a google search which i spent over 20 Min doing , NOTHING came up

i bet Alex Jones reply to this is " oh the ancient secret society the "illuminati" wants to enslave humanity and take over the world so they removed the pages"

[edit on 20-6-2009 by dino1989]

No, I don't trust him and I don't believe what he is saying. And to be honest, I even think that he cracks himself up after every show. He certainly serves an agenda....

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I listened to most of the William Cooper audio from 2001 where he covered it and couldn't believe some of the filth coming from Jones' mouth. I'm still shocked that anyone would still believe him after that little episode.

To answer your question, nope never have. The man is a fear-mongerer. I wouldn't trust him to pour water on me if I were on fire.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dino1989

Do you have any specific examples you could present us with?

*Apart from vaguely citing an event from ten years...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I don't trust him, and according to Alex Jones, you shouldn't trust him either.

He always says on the radio "don't trust me. Confirm for yourself. We link to the stories for you to read them"

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

The thing is, I don't trust his sources and links, he is presenting, either.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by thegreatobserver]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatobserver
reply to post by Kaytagg

The thing is, I don't trust his sources and links, he is presenting, either.

Which ones?

Surely you can present at least one example....

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatobserver

Well he generally links to MSM articles -- like WSJ, NYT, Fox, CNN, NBC, NPR, etc.

You can also do research on your own -- just google the headline or thesis of the news article, and you can figure out the truth on your own.

Bottom line, I think, is that you shouldn't trust anyone implicitly. Something I like about AJ is he recognizes that fact and tells other people to do their own research as well.

People who are TRYING to deceive you would never tell you to do that.

Also, the MSM lies all the freaking time. You shouldn't trust them implicitly either.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

No, because I don't lurk around on prison planet....I get my information from other sources because I don't like this Jones guy and how he "informs". If I don't trust someone I don't trust his sources either, even when some might have credibility.

It's that simple. People do business with people they like and trust. Same here....

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I've heard Jones say a few things that came up false. I hold him to the same light as the rest of the media.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

I agree with you. I choose to do my own research and in some cases Jones' sources and what I find might match up....

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The last Alex Jones video I watched was the Obama deception. A lot of the video clips that were being showed didn't have anything to do with Obama but there was no evidence that this was so. Anyone who didn't know where these clips came from would be led to believe they had to do with Obama. At one point Alex Jones said Obama was at the Bilderberg meeting but never showed any proof that he was. (I don't know if he was or wasn't but he never showed any proof.) Most of the video didn't seem to be specific to Obama at all. Now I'm no fan of Obama, but I know propaganda when I see it. So my answer is no, I don't trust Alex Jones.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
People like Ron Paul and Alex Jones are leading the charge against the Fed. So I don't think Alex Jones is being paid by NWO to fear-monger or spread disinfo or anything like that. I think he has taken many, serious, risks and he has proven himself.

Now, that doesn't mean that everything he or his team says is 100% accurate

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I trust him to be bias, boisterous, and beguiling to be brief about it.

He is the ringmaster of his own circus, where rather of battling lions and tigers - he snapping the whip and thrusting the chair at shadows wherein hide the modern day bogeymen, all the while telling the audience to take caution - for this vicious beast can strike out against any one and all of you at any moment now.

Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus.

He's thus far shown himself to be unconcerned with the truth where it contradicts his prewritten script, or cannot be bent to his story. I have not seen him offer retractions or apologies for his mistakes. He does not attempt to be objective or rational.

Even if some of what he says may be true, his credibility is utterly ruined.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Shouldn't trust any man. Intentions aren't even the point. A man can have good intentions and still be deceived. In fact, you only need to deceive the good people to begin with, as the bad people would just do bad things by fault.

As well, nobody is ever 100% right or 100% wrong. But everyone will think they are right. Because if they thought they were wrong, they would change their mind.

Some of what he says I agree with, lots of it I don't. I don't listen to him at all to be honest, he's got a bit much of an anger problem for my tastes. Not that he doesn't have things to be angry about, just that I don't want to listen to it.

Look on the bright side, he could be another hannity type or something. Which would be worse?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I believe Alex Jones is counter productive in his approach to disclosure. He is a fight fire with fire person. He should not be trying to put out a fire with more fire. Fear is the weapon of choice for TPTB, so for him to disclose information with fear attached to it is not benefitial in the long run. It only serves to exagerate an already fearful American Population and I'm quite sure he knows this.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Something I like about AJ is he recognizes that fact and tells other people to do their own research as well.

He's not being honest with you, he's merely leaving an out for himself and his apologetics. By doing your own research, if you can't come up with anything or come to different conclusions - he can say that you did your research wrong, or it was flawed, that you're a plant, or that he "interpreted the facts" differently. Whatever excuse feels good at the time.

The truth does not shirk from inquiry. It is validated by reality. If he were trustworthy and honest, he wouldn't need to tell you to do your own research - because it would be right to begin with, and your research would only confirm his reporting. What mistakes he was found to make (because nobody is perfect or completely accurate) would have retractions issued and apologies made where and if appropriate.

He knows his listening audience doesn't generally know how to distinguish credible empirical evidence from baseless fear-mongering speculation... because if they could, they wouldn't listen to him in the first place. Either they won't do their research, or they're just going to look at what he provides... or seek out equally bias and speculative sources to confirm their own personal biases.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I don't "trust" anybody, except the woman who carried my in her womb for 9 months. I take in the information he (Alex Jones) puts out and make of it what I will as I recommend all to do.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dino1989

I don't pay much attention to him and I take whatever he says with a grain salt. Sometimes he has good true topics, especially with the FEMA camps nobody can deny what's going on there.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster
People like Ron Paul and Alex Jones are leading the charge against the Fed. So I don't think Alex Jones is being paid by NWO to fear-monger or spread disinfo or anything like that. I think he has taken many, serious, risks and he has proven himself.

Now, that doesn't mean that everything he or his team says is 100% accurate

What if the FED is what hold us from joining EU ;nwo eventually

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join