It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul only Congressman to vote against Iranian people.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

The issue of these racist paper has been on many other threads, and I think bldrvgrs response answers a lot of your accusations. I would be more than happy to discuss this issue with you on another thread or through u2u, but I would like to focus on something else here.

Even if Ron Paul is a horrible racists, and those papers were signed by him and he believed every word written, does that mean that you refuse to believe anything the man says, even if it is logical? I only ask because your post seems to be an attempt at derailing the thread. Instead of arguing the merits of what Paul said as to why he voted and if those reasons were logical or not, you just call him a racist.

Do you agree that the constitution says we should stay out of other countries affairs. Do you agree that the same excuse of helping the human rights of the people of a country have been used as an excuse for every unjust war we have been involved with in recent history? Do you agree with the fact that our media is a corporate run propaganda machine?

These are the questions I am interested in your opinion on. Yelling racism and moving on is not an answer, and as long as people have such kneejerk reactions, the world will never change for the better. I accept the fact for all of the reasons stated above people should have voted against this bill. Rather that was Ron Pauls reasoning or not may be in question, but you have yet to give one reason to vote for this bill.

And yes, racism should be fought and shunned, and if Ron Paul is found to be a racist, he should be held accountable, but not at the expense of refusing to be logical. Hate the man if you must, not the facts he uses.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

First, I'd like to apologize for my delayed reply; I realize this thread has petered out but I've left RRconservative hanging after their reply and that's not right of me.

Second... stand up against evil? That sounds familiar... didn't Bush say something like it when it came to starting the war in Iraq/war on terror?

We cannot act on Iran until we have the facts. Muddied stories from the MSM are not facts.

Ron Paul never said he doesn't care about what's happening in Iran. He never said it doesn't matter. However, he IS saying there's nothing America can do to make that situation better. NOTHING. UN resolutions and harsh words from Obama(if Obama knows how to speak harshly at all) are not going to make the Ayatollah and Ahmadinejad stand down and give up power or redo the election.

Please don't get me wrong. I desperately want the Iranian people to have the freedoms they want and deserve, but there is little to nothing that America can do - especially not with a quick signing like this - to make it happen.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by daygloeyes

I think Ron Paul is correct. It seems that the alternative is nothing more than the lesser of two evils. The opposition leader is not any friend of ours either and I'm not sure they would be a friend of the folks that want a republic type of government in Iran either.
Zindo

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

We shouldn't even help Iran with anything.

It's their country and we have our own issues. Why do we have to play world police is beyond me..

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wow, this is hilarious. Voting against the resolution means you're against the Iranian people? Please, please learn to think.

At its most obvious and simple level you're only helping the Iranians who claim the election was stolen.

That means that Russia or China should have intervened in 2000 and 2004, for example.

On a slightly more sophisticated level, we know that the US has been trying to destabilise Iran for the last couple of years. Ron Paul probably has an idea of this.

I am continually staggered by how gullible so many US posters are. (Of course there are honourable exceptions.) They just lap up the TV propaganda.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
In a wilfully ignorant and bigoted world, one man steps forth to represent...

Originally posted by RRconservative
Neville Chamberlain would be so proud.

Oh nooo... not that tired old nonsense. Haven't we had enough of calling people the "new Hitler" yet?

We don't want to make the Islamic Republic of Iran mad at us.

Iranians have been mad at the US since it overthrew Mossadegh (who was actually the last democratically elected president of Iran) and imposed the Shah with his vicious CIA-trained secret police, SAVAK. They've got reason to be mad because the US is interfering in their politics, has tried to sabotage their efforts to trade oil in currency other than the US dollar, is conducting naval exercises in their back yard, is lying constantly about their efforts to build nuclear weapons, and is generally FAR more of a threat to them than the US has ever been.

Thank God we had Ronald Reagan who stood up to the Soviets. If you don't stand up to evil they will thrive.

High time someone stood up to the US than, they're the biggest bullies on the planet.

Ron Paul thinks if you ignore the rest of the world they will leave you alone. People fighting for freedom and democracy deserve our support, not our silence.

So, really, China and Russia should be supporting the tea party people.

And don't even start with stuff about democracy. The US has no right to talk about it, and US citizens who bang on about it reveal themselves to be wilfully ignorant about US foreign policy.

Let's not forget. The US has installed death squads in:

Guatemala, Haiti, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Ecuador, Colombia, Peru, Iran, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Greece, to name only a handful.

The US has assassinated the leaders of the following countries: Chile, Panama (at least twice, never mind Noriega), Iran, the Congo, the Dominican Republic... again the list is not exhaustive.

It's interfered in the democratic process in all of the above plus Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Albania, Portugal, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Korea.

I mean, that's not even an exhaustive list.

So don't try to make out that the US stands for freedom. No it doesn't. The rest of the world knows that. And it's not standing for freedom now. It's interfering in another country that, actually, hasn't done anything to it at all.

(Don't bother citing the US embassy hostages. The US had been backing the Shah and training and financing his secret police for years. Iran's response was actually very restrained, and even included doing a deal with Reagan so the hostages got released first thing into his presidency.)

Try and find out the real history of the misery the US has perpetrated on the world rather than beating your gums in that windy and pompous manner.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
There are 2 sides to every story.

One side has the Iranian people who are being silenced and massacred for protesting.

The other side is the Iranian government who is perpetrating this by torturing so-called dissidents into proclaiming they are being influenced by foreign governments.

It is very clear that in this situation most are siding with the Islamic Republic of Iran by ignoring the situation and hoping the Iranian government does a good job of covering it up.....just like it never happened. This is the side Ron Paul has chosen. Pretty weak if you ask me. As long as I am free, who gives a crap if others are not?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Never liked Ron Paul and never will.. i think he is a right-wing Nut job (like all Right-Wings)...

But i do agree, The U.S should stay away from the world's business..

Your American Government already F**ked up half the middle-east and 1/4 of the world..so yeah..stay away from The rest of us...we don't want your help..we don't need your false democracy....

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join