It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul only Congressman to vote against Iranian people.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
man,,,, i thought ats was for denying ignorance,,,,

i'm glad previous posters grilled the op,,, so i'll go in a different way

again we are meddling in another election,,,, what gives us that right

do you realize what blowback is,,,,, is us meddling in their election a perfect recruitment tool for iranian terrorist groups??? yes

ron paul is the only sane one of 406 votes,,,, the other 405 being total fools

don't believe our own gov't propoganda all the time,,, a free thinker questions everything and decides the truth. they certainly have many branches each with a possible agenda
you have to exam both sides and the others,,,,,who benefits, hidden motives etc etc

bush used 911 to attack iraq,,,,,, he had this in mind pre911 and used 911 as the perfect opportunity to fulfill his agenda,,,,
there is so much damaging info regarding the iraq war it's ridiculous
just one example

another,,, when bush wanted s. security privatized,,, they gave the public numbers that made future SS balance sheets look broke,,,,, little did we know there forecasts had people living to be 150 years old and still retiring at 68.. an 80+ year retirement??? not likely,,,, little fact they left out

and do you realize we backed saddam to fight iran,,,, that we gave him the same wmd's we just attacked them for possesing,,,, although they were all gone or to old to even be used

so again look what our meddling did,,,,, it backfired and only strengthened a future rogue dictator that we eventually had to attack

and even though we backed saddam,, we still sold weapons to iran so we could fund the contra's in nicarauga

if you think our meddling is right,,,,, or that we aren't running black ops over there,,, your naive either way

[edit on 21-6-2009 by shortywarn]

[edit on 21-6-2009 by shortywarn]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
We have a responsibility to get rid of the corrupt regime that is attempting to enslave and destroy a country.
Iran is not that country.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
We have a responsibility to get rid of the corrupt regime that is attempting to enslave and destroy a country.
Iran is not that country.

AMEN!!!!!!!!

i'm encouraged to see not one reply agrees with the OP,,,,,,

the only problem is 90% of america would probably agree with his post

unfortunate at the least

however people are awakening and questioning....thank god

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Originally posted by Navieko
See, the thing is -- Ron Paul doesn't get brainwashed/influenced by the mainstream media. All you see on the news these days is coverage of the Iranian protesters -- and he knows it's being hyped up for a cause. We all know the American government are just dying to find an excuse to go to war with Iran. Propaganda is all it is. Raising public support against the Iranian government.

If the Iranian people overthrow the government, that means that the US won't have to. So this doesn't make sense?

People actually choosing their own government and leaders? Only a "kook" could be against that.

Raising public support against the Iranian government? How about supporting the people of Iran?

This vote of Ron Paul is justification of why most Republicans consider him "a little off".

so by that theory,,,, should we have supported castro's takeover of cuba???
no because it can always go either way,,,, can we not agree that staying neutral, unbiased would be the safest bet in either situation

and why let iranians think we have there back,,,,, we did the same in iraq and 100,000's were killed or hurt when george sr decided not to "march to baghdad"

should we then have overthrown our own gov't in the 2000 or 2004 elections,,, some good evidence we should have

and do you not believe this will be a bloddy battle,,, surely ahmadijinead or however you spell it,,, is not leaving quietly
do you back sending more troops into iran right now????

also,,,,, bush,, once saddam was gone,,,, wanted to install a guy living outside iraq for the last 56 years to be president/leader

shortly there after he was convicted on major fraud charges involving his bank in jordan

only after bush saw iraq would not accept him,,,, and that he over inflated his popularity and pull in iraq did elections come about

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

(most) democrats are biting their tongue. at least the one's in the limelight. Republicans are going full force into Anti-Iran gov. But yeah. obviously both parties participated in this. & i'm sure most of America would have voted in the same margin. Most people only know bits and pieces, if anything. I think it's possible the election was rigged and I support the Iranian people. But we need evidence before America picks a side like this.

I think this bill just will "prove" America's arrogance to the Iran gov. and many other countries. Like I said, Don't know why we feel the need to make a bill and not just SAY IT.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by molotov]

[edit on 21-6-2009 by molotov]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
After reading all the post so far. I have changed my mind and am with Ron Paul.

Screw the protestors! Iran should round each and every one of them up and execute them. How dare they want a say in their government. They should receive no support at all in their endeavor.

Human rights? Only citizens of the United States of America deserve this! Right Ron?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ron Paul is one of the only thinking people in the House of Representatives. This resolution is just another dose of short sighted meddling by the US government in the affairs of another government.

Why is it so hard for people to understand nonintervention? It means put simply that our official government position is not to meddle in the affairs of other nations plain and simple. It is not a hard policy to follow so the arguments that some how Ron Paul is not for the people of Iran being free is just plain ignorant of the truth. Ron Paul is a representative of the 14th district in Texas not a representative of the Iranian people so he does vote for crap legislation that has no meaning and might simply be seen by a foreign government as US meddling in their affairs.

Get a clue people.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

"It's not productive, given the history of U.S.-Iranian relations, to be seen as meddling, the U.S. president meddling in Iranian elections," Obama said this week.

"It is unfortunate in a way that this resolution is required since the administration does not want to 'meddle' and has refused, the president has refused to speak out in support of these brave Iranian citizens, most of them young, who are risking their very lives to protest what was clearly an unfair and corrupt election," McCain told his fellow senators.

The resolution passed Friday states that the House:

"(1) expresses its support for all Iranian citizens who embrace the values of freedom, human rights, civil liberties, and rule of law;

"(2) condemns the ongoing violence against demonstrators by the government of Iran and pro-government militias, as well as the ongoing government suppression of independent electronic communication through interference with the Internet and cell phones; and

"(3) affirms the universality of individual rights and the importance of democratic and fair elections."

On Thursday, Cantor joined the critics of the White House, saying the United States has a "moral responsibility" to condemn attacks on protesters.

Source

Should we follow the advice of the guy who said this:
?

Yeah, it's pretty easy to see the slippery slope this leads down.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

I could not have said it better!

God Bless Ron Paul for his determination to what is right for the United States!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

If the Iranian people overthrow the government, that means that the US won't have to. So this doesn't make sense?

People actually choosing their own government and leaders? Only a "kook" could be against that.

Raising public support against the Iranian government? How about supporting the people of Iran?

This vote of Ron Paul is justification of why most Republicans consider him "a little off".

Don't believe what you see on the TV. They try to sound objective, but that's to get you hooked in so that you accept it when they bring in the "expert" to tell you about the Iranians fighting for "American freedom". The secret alien government has this mastered. They work up this "American freedom" garbage for some years, and then once they say the magic words "American freedom", you'll do almost anything. I'm even gonna try the magic words on some hunnies, and see how it works out. I'm practicing now: "American freedom".

Hey, I'm thinking I might go back in time and try this out myself.. and take over all the beautiful hunnies, ya know? I'll start in Africa, and then I'll work up the "African freedom" on the tube. Then all I'll have to do is get on the tube and say the magic words, "African freedom", and not only will I rule the planet, but I'll have everyone the world over buying it. Then as the king of the planet, I'll have more hunnies to choose from. And since I know about all the technology and stuff (I have bachelors in computer stuff), I'll make Africa the most technologically advanced country (yeah, I'll take over the whole thing, I'll just tell them I'm like a god or something like that). See how easy it is?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

It's funny how History repeats itself. The last time Iran had a revolution we had an inept President in Jimmy Carter. Now we have another inept President in Obama and they are at it again!

I always thought Obama would be Jimmy Carters 2nd term.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

It's funny how History repeats itself. The last time Iran had a revolution we had an inept President in Jimmy Carter. Now we have another inept President in Obama and they are at it again!

I always thought Obama would be Jimmy Carters 2nd term.

Except the difference is the Iranian Revolution that held Americans hostage was against a government installed by the CIA and Kermit Roosevelt Jr. (Operation Ajax). It was a bunch of bull for Iran to take hostages for 444 days, just like it was bull for us to topple the legitimate government of Iran to begin with.

The point being is I think you're making a comparison that can't be made because the surrounding circumstances are different.

This is an indigenous revolution toppling an indigenously grown government, sans-American involvement.

US involvement, including the potential mischaracterization that this Bill is actually indicative of material support, only acts to subvert any gains the Iranians make on their own.

The Middle East is a place of paranoia and gossip, so if the US were to say, "Yeah, good job on the protests" it gets translated as "Good job. *Wink* *Wink*" and begins to look like the groups struggling for their own self-benefit are just US surrogates, setting their movement back.

If you want Iran to be free you must let the Iranians be the masters of their own fate, free-and-clear. If we do not the next leader of Iran will be toppled too, due to conspiracy theories that he is an American puppet.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Is not our business to support the Iranian people and neither they slow way to better themselves with a change in government.

That is they goal of the US of America government and their propaganda lately every single hour and every single day on TV.

Wake up and smell the deceptions been played to gain favoritism toward globalism and control of resources.

But rest assure, is going to be very hard to fight the Ayatollahs power the CIA will have to find other ways to do that, because help instigate protest will not do.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This idea of our meddling in other countries affairs is an expansion of the old 'Manifest Destiny' concept of the middle 1800's. It was coined by the Democrats to allow for the expansion of US interests and the takeover of the rest of North America. It then expanded to any nation that we had an interest in to further supposed 'Democratic ideals"! Today it is referred to by another name but the concept is the exact same and it should NOT happen again, ever, until the US is threatened directly by an outside power!!
I would refer others to this post for another question that needs to be answered on this subject!

Why only the US and UK is blamed for Iran's unrest!
Zindo

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
See, the thing is -- Ron Paul doesn't get brainwashed/influenced by the mainstream media. All you see on the news these days is coverage of the Iranian protesters -- and he knows it's being hyped up for a cause. We all know the American government are just dying to find an excuse to go to war with Iran. Propaganda is all it is. Raising public support against the Iranian government.

Based on what you're saying in this thread and what you have as your signature you bought this two-party system illusion well. They are BOTH the same, and actually Ron Paul knows what they want to do, which is explained by Navieko in the second post in this thread. Stop buying into politics, they are powerless distractions and you've bought it. Hook, line, and sinker. Tsk.Tsk.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisYah

Exactly Ron Paul is actually stepping aside from the political global agenda and trying to make people aware of the deception.

This nothing more than another power grab, due to the fact that Iran doesn't answer to the government wimps and since 2008 they refuse to do business with US dollars that includes their oil that China and Japan happen to be their biggest buyers.

What US is planning for Iran?, to prop a puppet with the help of the UK then see the nation go down the path of destruction when people starts to die in their street and the nation goes into a conflict of interest.

What a way to help a nation become independent with the death and destruction of their citizens.

Well now the doors to terrorism will be wide open in Iran with a puppet government if they get their way.

Pity, but hey that is what our government did in Iraq and everything is all peachy, the oil is in safe hands who cares how their people still die in their own nations streets.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
If you want Iran to be free you must let the Iranians be the masters of their own fate, free-and-clear.

Want Iran to be free?? How about wanting America to be free?

Iran is free, but they just don't realize how free they are. They've never been to America, so they don't know about the "American freedom".

Or America and Israel are using fake Twitter accounts to create the chaos. America has stated over and over their intention of sabotage in Iran before resorting to air strikes.

Iran has a great government that is working hard for their people. There is nothing wrong with being an "Islamic" country. Iran has done nothing wrong.

Hey, just take it from this Iranian that found out the hard way that America isn't free at all:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you don't believe that, then I can't help you.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Exactly Ron Paul is actually stepping aside from the political global agenda and trying to make people aware of the deception.

This nothing more than another power grab, due to the fact that Iran doesn't answer to the government wimps and since 2008 they refuse to do business with US dollars that includes their oil that China and Japan happen to be their biggest buyers.

What US is planning for Iran, to prop a poppet with the help of the UK then see the nation go down the path of destruction when people starts to die in their street and the nation goes into a conflict of interest.

What a way to help a nation become independent with the death and destruction of their citizens.

Well now the doors to terrorism will be wide open in Iran with a poppet government if they get their way.

Pity, but hey that is what our government did in Iraq and everything is all peachy, the oil is in safe hands who cares how their people still die in their own nations streets.

Well, the US might want to rethink their agenda. Beijing issued a stern warning to Obama, and President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is at a meeting with the SCO, if they push their interference and agenda through I fear the SCO and BRIC will not take this too well, this will result in economical backlash or I fear, a military one against the US. Remember, the Eastern bloc holds all of America's economic tokens. Get out CIA, you're begging for a clash. I don't think the Eagle wants to get ripped by the two black bears.

Peace.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by TravisYah]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
If you want Iran to be free you must let the Iranians be the masters of their own fate, free-and-clear.

Want Iran to be free?? How about wanting America to be free?

Iran is free, but they just don't realize how free they are. They've never been to America, so they don't know about the "American freedom".

Or America and Israel are using fake Twitter accounts to create the chaos. America has stated over and over their intention of sabotage in Iran before resorting to air strikes.

Iran has a great government that is working hard for their people. There is nothing wrong with being an "Islamic" country. Iran has done nothing wrong.

Hey, just take it from this Iranian that found out the hard way that America isn't free at all:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you don't believe that, then I can't help you.

I couldn't agree more. They want to fix something that isn't broken, genuine protesters ignited by the shill CIA protesters, caught up in this unfortunate fiasco once again proposed and executed by the wicked CIA. I wonder why I'm not seeing Israelis cheering for the Iranians, oops maybe they're too busy stiring up # on Twitter to cause further confusion, there are very wicked and cruel people who want to see the world tip over the edge, coincidently right this week when supposedly the Arc of the covenant is revealed, crazy, crazy people, in this crazy world.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by TravisYah]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I was wondering when this was going to happen, see I am avoiding getting caught up on the media circus that is now prime time news and their Iran agenda so I have not been following what China is doing about the situation.

I know so far that China has billions of dollars invested in Iran oil infrastructure they have been for many years.

This is due to the growing demands of China's oil.

If is one country that can bring US to its knees it will be China, what will US due if China stop buying our bonds in a gesture of protest, government will either stop working for lack of money or the treasury will have to star buying its own bonds rendering them worthless and so the dollar.

We will enter a super inflation, so this is going to be very interesting in the next few weeks and lets not forget to keep an eye on the Markets.

See our nation job market collapse is making the people restless so as usual diversion is needed to help to give time for the government to plan its next move.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join