It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Um... Martian Hermit Crab?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I just wanted to point out (in regards to the retreating ice theory) that most of the glaciers on earth, when retreating, leave pretty strait lines as they dig up the earth in its wake as ice will melt or "retreat" in a consistent direction. It is highly improbable because of the zig zag pattern, and also that no other rocks in the image reveal the same movement as most glaciers grab whatever is in its path and leave several gouges big and small here on earth.

Of course...IMO

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Overload
I just wanted to point out (in regards to the retreating ice theory) that most of the glaciers on earth, when retreating, leave pretty strait lines as they dig up the earth in its wake as ice will melt or "retreat" in a consistent direction. It is highly improbable because of the zig zag pattern, and also that no other rocks in the image reveal the same movement as most glaciers grab whatever is in its path and leave several gouges big and small here on earth.

Of course...IMO

Hence the great lakes.

2nd line.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
There is definately something interesting going on up there but based on the picture posted by Gorman91 on page 2 I’m not so sure this is one of them

It appears that there is a depression at the start of "stonecrab" path…looks like it dropped there and then roll/moved a bit..

Considering the relationship of the scoop mark to the Rover, the size and proximity the “stonecrab”... Seems to be more likely that this is just a stone that fell out of the scoop while loading into rover.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wakinup13

Well remember it isn't a rover, it's a platform.

Also, I just don't know. Because the pictures were taken "several weeks" into the operation. Why would the trail be there for so long?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Perhaps the rock was under the decent rocket exhaust and it was laying at just the right angle on the ground's surface to be cartwheeled away. The trail--which does indeed look like a trai of sorts, is not very evenly plowed for a creature's path. But it is consistent to a rolling, cartwheeling motion which can explain the curve also as the rocket's blast continued to hit various sides of it that presented itself in its movement.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

What exhaust is so powerful to support a large heavy craft and at the same time, so weak as to move one rock and not disturb the ground at all in any way elsewise?

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Gorman91]

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Gorman91]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join