It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dragon Existence Theory.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ok so i know i'v just added to the hundreds of other "Oh, did dragons exist?" threads but this is only my second thread so i'll give it a shot lol.

A while ago i was surfing the net looking to see if there was any proof if dragons could really exist (Hay, what a surprise) and i came across this post (i can't remember what site it was on as this was some time ago). It said something about chemicals burning a person/an object when a dragon breathed "fire" (otherwise know as a acid) and this is where the idea of dragons breathing fire came from.

I was thinking about this the other day and decided to do some research on it. This is what i came up with:

~~~

There is a element called Phosphorus (Periodic Table symbol "P") that i came across... i have compiled some info about it as follows:

Phosphorus was discovered by German alchemist Hennig Brand in 1669. Working in Hamburg, Brand attempted to distill some kind of "life essence" from his urine, and in the process produced a white material that glowed in the dark. The phosphorus had in fact been produced from inorganic phosphate, which is a significant component of dissolved urine solids. White phosphorus is highly reactive with oxygen.

White phosphorus is a chemical substance that ignites and burns on contact with oxygen, generating a dense white smoke that lasts about seven minutes, with a distinctive garlic-like odor.

When white phosphorus comes into contact with people or objects, it creates an intense and persistent burn, emitting heat and absorbing liquid. It is soluble in organic material and fat, but not in water, which neutralizes it by cutting off the oxygen supply.

However, white phosphorus has a secondary effect. While much less efficient than ordinary fragmentation effects in causing casualties, white phosphorus burns quite fiercely and can set cloth, fuel, ammunition and other combustibles on fire. It also can function as an anti-personnel weapon with the compound capable of causing serious burns or death.

~~~

Could it be possible that dragons somehow extracted this substance from their urine (while it was still in their bladder) and merged it with oxygen while exhaling, leading to combustion and the well-known "dragons breathing fire". After all... humans (and i know you'll say... but we're humans, not dragons, but this is only an example) don't just exhale carbon dioxide... we exhale around 75% of the oxygen we inhaled in the previous breath we took!! That's right.... we only use around 25% of the oxygen we inhale!!!

So if dragons breathed this Phosphorus out and it was in contact with oxygen they could technically breath fire. Now... not burning their mouths in the process would be a completely different problem, but i won't deal with that today

This would also explain why no dragon remains (i.e. bones of wing structure or particular size) have been found... they simply don't exist (the bones i mean). This is the second part of the theory. Remember... when White Phosphorus comes into contact with oxygen it reacts violently, sometimes burning at temperatures of up to 3000 degrees Fahrenheit!! Do you know how hot that is? Human bodies are cremated in the neighborhood of 2000 degrees Fahrenheit! That burns the whole body leaving nothing but the bones, which are then ground by hand. But when the dragon dies and huge amounts of this Phosphorus is exposed to the oxygen in the air, i could well have burnt everything within a radius of a few meters, so great was the heat. The bones would certainly have been incinerated, leaving no trace of the dragons whatsoever.

Anyways... that's all from my theory, so feel free to comment but please don't bash me because this is only my second thread lol!! Ok, Thanks in Advance

Para.

Edit: The Other Dragon Theory I Found

[edit on 20-6-2009 by ParaZep]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaZep

Now... not burning their mouths in the process would be a completely different problem,

No you don't say ? how about when they take a piss now that
has got to be an amazing sight no ?

So let's see if I get you here,

God created a dragon, when a dragon breathed it breathed fire a la phosphorous.

The dragon needed to eat but every time it went to do so, it cremated it's lunch. The dragon then died of starvation without having young that survived as all it's young were toasted alive.

So god decided that a fire breathing dragon, was a big mistake, and like his other mistakes he banished it to the back of the poor invention closet.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Interesting theory. I can see how it ties in with the other thread. Its very interesting when we look at many cultures, and how they describe dragons. Off the top of my head would be China of course. There are just to many stories around the world, for it to be a superstition. Even Medieval tales include dragons in them. But then again, you can never be to open minded.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Interesting theory, I like the phosphorus idea although I don't agree with the urine part. Maybe he had some type of gland that excreted the element while he breathed out. And only activated under temper or self defense/ when killing prey? Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Hmmm.. yeah but its only a theory so it obviously isn't perfect. Dragons might not even have existed. Just throwing it in there... no need to go on a rampage moocowman
Anyways tnx for the comments guys.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by ParaZep]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaZep

Now, how can I resist this thread???

My remembrance is that my spirit origin is that of a 7+ velociraptor type being whose species was chosen by the dragons as spirits to raise into sentience and reincarnate into dragon bodies to reinvigorate their species. They had successfully done this a number of times because the dragons were such an old species, many of them just got tooo tired to keep reincarnating.

So I remember dragons pretty well. And yeah, they are real. The biggest problem in proving their existence is that they aren't from this world. They are aliens, just like a lot of 'mythological' creatures from our histories of this planet. Don't find unicorn bones lying around much either, eh?

Also, they didn't have any nests here and weren't welcome by the world's creators, so that makes finding any surviving bones all that much harder. Not that many of them ever came here, much less stayed long enough to die. And if they died, their bones were pretty light and fragile and didn't last very long, despite their size.

My pod of 5 dragons and riders came here around the time of egypt's heyday and got stuck here, since one of the dragons and riders never made it thru the trip here. It took at least 5 dragons to keep a life support bubble big enough for the dragonriders to survive with and with the fifth one gone, we couldn't leave. Since anything traveling by energy means like folding space as the dragons did often did disappear when traveling here and hence no other dragon would come here to help rescue us.

Anyway, since over hunting was a real problem, we broke up to keep that from happening. My dragon (a big blue/green) and I, for what little time I lived, hung out in Europe, the big bronze and his rider took the American continents (mostly south), the smaller tannish brown with rider took the African continent and the baby, a little red, so young it didnt' have it's wings fully grown yet with his quite young dragonrider, took the far east. He is the dragon immortalized by the Chinese 'year of the dragon' btw.

The fire breathing part was real too. I think it was a type of gas that was stored in a bladder of sorts under the dragon's throat that vented into their mouths. The dragons had evolved part of their gizzard to make sparks at will so when they opened the vent in their mouths and clicked that part of their gizzard to make a spark, it ignited the gas and voila, fire spewing forth. White phosphorus would be too hard to contain inside a living organism, I think.

But yeah, dragons are real and once this NWO/2012 mess is past, you might get to see them flying earth's skies again.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by DragonriderGal]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
i want a dragon to fly over my house

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Interesting theory. Although I don't think that they would really take the phosphorus straight from their bladder as you say. (Could it be possible that dragons somehow extracted this substance from their urine (while it was still in their bladder) and merged it with oxygen while exhaling, leading to combustion and the well-known "dragons breathing fire".)
Although I'm afraid that they could of sometimes even "set their asses on fire" by accident sometimes. I still believe they had two glands somewhere around their neck with two different chemicals, and when they spit them both out, they mix and a chemical reaction starts and the liquids set up on fire, if you know what i mean. But thats just my thought. Nice thread no matter what.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
i think there like spiting cobras
they spit out the venom but its in two parts they mix together as it comes out of there mouth and lignites

there were dinosars that spit out a chemical venom like that 1 on jurasic park ino not much of a refrence point but i still think its possibel

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I would love to think that Dragons did exist at one point in time, and that they're the mystical creatures that legend and lore have made them out to be.

As far as the theory goes, I have to agree with some of the previous replies, in that being able to extract phosphorus from their urine does seem a bit extreme, although maybe not outside the realm of possibility.

I however lean more towards one of the other theories presented, which was also presented in the 2002 movie Reign of Fire. Here's a quote from the Wikipedia page for the movie:

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

(The hyperlink doesn't go straight to the page. After clicking it, click the link for (Film))

Apparently, and provingly, the dragons secrete two separate chemicals in glands in their mouth, and then emit a flammable gas which sparks a giant explosion

I do like your theory about the cause for no fossils or remains every having been found of Dragons, it leaves room for hope that these creatures did possibly exist!

[edit on 24-6-2009 by seadragoniii]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by boswickmcfiggins
i want a dragon to fly over my house

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Gemwolf]

Probably until they let loose of a dump. *lol* Could be quite messy!

Some of them were huge. It seems mine was around 600 feet.... tip of the nose to the tip of his tail. One that big didn't actually use their wings to fly; he would use raw energy and use the wings and tail as rudders and ailerons.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seadragoniii
I would love to think that Dragons did exist at one point in time, and that they're the mystical creatures that legend and lore have made them out to be.

As far as the theory goes, I have to agree with some of the previous replies, in that being able to extract phosphorus from their urine does seem a bit extreme, although maybe not outside the realm of possibility.

I however lean more towards one of the other theories presented, which was also presented in the 2002 movie Reign of Fire. Here's a quote from the Wikipedia page for the movie:

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

(The hyperlink doesn't go straight to the page. After clicking it, click the link for (Film))

Apparently, and provingly, the dragons secrete two separate chemicals in glands in their mouth, and then emit a flammable gas which sparks a giant explosion

I do like your theory about the cause for no fossils or remains every having been found of Dragons, it leaves room for hope that these creatures did possibly exist!

Yes, they are very real and hopefully they can return soon. They aren't really the nice friendly helpful beings movies like dragonheart makes them out to be. They are after all reptiles who don't really have the capacity to be all warm and fuzzy.
My experience with them was fairly unique I think, and nowadays, without being a dragonrider and with my dragon dead, most dragons would simply sneer on me as just another 'puny' human. *shrug* But they are beautiful in a rather terrifying way, and they don't eat other sentient life forms so we are probably pretty safe unless you really piss them off.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
After playing D&D for many years, I can relate to this.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I think dragons have existed in one form or another, however I think they are metaphysical and sort of serpant/bird Quezacotl type creatures. Perhaps they interacted with humanity at times.
Altered states frequently (more often than not, actually) all throughout human history, bring about the appearance of snakes and relate them teachers. They serpantine representation of our DNAseems to relateto this.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23
I think dragons have existed in one form or another, however I think they are metaphysical and sort of serpant/bird Quezacotl type creatures. Perhaps they interacted with humanity at times.
Altered states frequently (more often than not, actually) all throughout human history, bring about the appearance of snakes and relate them teachers. They serpantine representation of our DNAseems to relateto this.

Or the fact that we don't have any written history to account for dragons could have put them into a more quasi-metaphysical catagory for most people.

And really, I know they exist; I very clearly remember riding mine thru many lifetimes as a dragonrider. My dragon was the blue green one of European legends.

The big bronze dragon that came here with my pod did go to the americas to hunt after we got stuck here. I am sure he made some kind of impression on the locals of the south american cultures, although the aliens I call the 'star people' (haven't heard a name for them yet) were there so they for sure would have known about dragons.

And well, the reptile part of our brain is still very much a part of us, so it wouldn't be too unusual that it showed up as a reptile when people were using drugs and stuff.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by DragonriderGal]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaZep

Check out the mockmentary "Dragon's World" it was a very good one on the Animal Channel.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonriderGal

Or the fact that we don't have any written history to account for dragons could have put them into a more quasi-metaphysical catagory for most people.

And really, I know they exist; I very clearly remember riding mine thru many lifetimes as a dragonrider. My dragon was the blue green one of European legends.

The big bronze dragon that came here with my pod did go to the americas to hunt after we got stuck here. I am sure he made some kind of impression on the locals of the south american cultures, although the aliens I call the 'star people' (haven't heard a name for them yet) were there so they for sure would have known about dragons.

And well, the reptile part of our brain is still very much a part of us, so it wouldn't be too unusual that it showed up as a reptile when people were using drugs and stuff.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by DragonriderGal]

For sure many strange things turn out to be true, who knows.

May I ask how you started to remember your past lives? And how do the memories come to you. Do you see visually or get "impressions" in your mind, or sounds etc...?

Your story reminds me of the dragons on Discworld, they only really exist if you believe in them.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

For sure many strange things turn out to be true, who knows.

May I ask how you started to remember your past lives? And how do the memories come to you. Do you see visually or get "impressions" in your mind, or sounds etc...?

Your story reminds me of the dragons on Discworld, they only really exist if you believe in them.

About 18 years ago, I did a past life regression which essentially is a hypnotherapist relaxing you and then guiding you back thru your life (by asking you to remember things from different and progressively younger ages) and then finally back thru the birth experience and to whatever was before. They don't tell you what to see, though or even where you may be. They simply say, "look around you, what do you see' and so on. You don't talk to them though; you are strictly there for your own internal experience.

Anyway, I remembered my most recent past life in that session, and once I learned what the indicators are, such as an unusual fear that seems to have no basis in this life or a intense longing or desire to be somewhere else or some 'when' else, or that someone seems so familiar but you've never met them before, I started retrieving more and more of those past lives until I got back to my previous spirit origins lives with my dragon, Pythos.

I've also found that if I give myself permission to hold my disbelief in abeyance, and just go with the whole "if this is a past life, what would it have been like" thing, most times a whole past life will start to unfold based on whatever stimulus I noticed the 'why does this seem so familiar' response from. It is pretty interesting, for sure.

And no, I don't remember ever being Jesus or Queen Elizabeth, or even anyone of import at all, except the 'myth' of 'St.' George seems eerily familiar, but I haven't connected to it as a past life as of yet. I know it would have been just like Pythos (when he decided he didn't want to live anymore, giving up all hope of ever retrieving me) would have decided I would be the 'knight' to have done him in. He did always enjoy irony. Knowing dragons as I do, there is no way any puny human with a sword would have ever been able to kill a dragon without it's cooperation.

And when I access the racial/collective unconscious, I mostly get images... sort of like little mini-movies that play out in my mind's eye. Sometimes the information pops into my head in kind of an 'aha' manner too.

But trust me, belief in the dragons isn't required for them to exist. They are the oldest sentient beings in this area of the galaxy, older even than the E-l*th, (who we call the Elves, since we can't fully pronounce their real names). But since the E-l*th/elves terraformed this world as one of their 'vacation' worlds, and the elves and dragons sooooooo don't get along, you won't find any fossils or remains of dragons here, except my pod's.

We arrived after most of the elves left earth to avoid getting sucked into human bodies when they died. So although the dragons would have loved to have had a nesting colony on this world (which would have left fossils and remains in abundance) the elves kept them from settling in. Usually we weren't even allowed on earth at all.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by DragonriderGal]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Very interesting, I, like many others have had long time affinity for Dragons. I have a tattoo of one on my back, it couldant have been anything else as far as I am concearned. Even though I didnt really know why I wanted it! Now obviously dragons are the most awesome creatures ever concieved, but why this interest if they were purely mythical I dont know.

I am very curious about the elf race you mentioned. I have met such beings once and wonder what exactly they have to do with humans. Could you please tell us anything else about them if it is not going off topic?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Very interesting, I, like many others have had long time affinity for Dragons. I have a tattoo of one on my back, it couldant have been anything else as far as I am concearned. Even though I didnt really know why I wanted it! Now obviously dragons are the most awesome creatures ever concieved, but why this interest if they were purely mythical I dont know.

I am very curious about the elf race you mentioned. I have met such beings once and wonder what exactly they have to do with humans. Could you please tell us anything else about them if it is not going off topic?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join