It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 30 day experiment: 30 days of a raw food diet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

I've actually been thinking of quitting my current career and starting to do something radically different with my life, such as organic farming. Seriously! I know farming is hard, hard work, but I truly, truly need to do something radically different with my life, for many reasons.

This is what I did years ago and have never been happier working out in the fields. Go for it if you can afford to do so. The first year is hard, but after that you get to see the true pace of the earth as the cycles repeat themselves. If you don't like it then you can always go back to whatever you are doing now.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Day 16

Hey, everyone,

Sorry it's been so long since I've written. I've been.....well, making a lot of changes in my life! It's weird, I don't know what came first...the chicken or the egg (the diet or the changes), but ever since I started this diet I've made some major changes in my life. For example:

1. I've been cleaning out my house, big time. I remember once reading an article that said that when someone purges their house, they purge pounds, too....and well, it's happening to me.

2. I've made some changes with my family...putting some boundaries in place, etc...

3. I've been talking to recruiters about getting a new job so I could leave the city where I live now (hate it). Right now, I live in the desert, but I miss the green, and I find myself craving to live someplace more "green."

4. I have hardly ANY appetite, which is sooo strange for me!

5. My cravings are almost entirely gone. I'm not craving chocolate, or carbs, or sugar. When I go out to eat, I automatically look for the healthiest thing on the menu (a salad), and often ask for substitutes, to make my meal as raw as possible. I'm still not eating all raw, but my body no longer craves processed food. Sometimes I do crave bread, though.

6. I got a cute new haircut.

So, lots of changes have been happening. I don't know if they all have to do with "going raw" but I feel good!

The only bad thing that happened is that I did go through a few days of terrible anxiety last week. Not sure why...maybe I was going through detox or something... but I took a few homeopathic remedies and that made the anxiety go away, thank God!

As far as my weight, I actually haven't weighed myself since the last time I weighed myself. (Amazing!) BUT...my shorts have been falling down and I'm always having to pull them up now... and all my hospital scrubs are very loose on me...and I was able to fit into a pair of shorts that I hadn't been able to wear for over a year...(size 6!!) ...and the other day when I had dinner with my parents, my mother told me she could tell I was losing weight. Since she usually points out every pound I gain, I'm taking this as a VERY good sign!!

Tomorrow morning, I'll weigh myself again. (I always weigh less the morning, so I hate to weigh myself at night) because I think it's been a week since I did my last weigh in.

Today, I ate:

-granola
-swedish berry tea (love it...addicted to it, I swear)
-spinach salad (raw) with bleu cheese dressing
-1 avocado
-dried plums (prunes)
-rice milk with some protein powder (not raw, but I only had a few scoops left so I wanted to get rid of the container, and I figured I'd make the last dose)
-water, water, water

And the weirdest thing is that I"M NOT HUNGRY! I was starving all the time before I started this diet, but now that I've been doing it for a little over 2 weeks, my hunger cravings are way, way, WAY down.

It's damn hot here in Phoenix, so I haven't been exercising that much. But tonight when it got dark, I went out and walked for about 30 minutes, and now I'm going to go out and do some laps in the pool in our townhouse complex. I feel like I need to start moving some more.

So....tomorrow is my weekly weigh in...I'll post my weight tomorrow morning.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
I'm a raw foodist ala Ajanous Vonderplanitz protocol i.e. mostly raw meat, raw fats, and raw dairy. V-8 is highly processed and pasteurized. There is nothing healthy about it. Peanut butter as well, although organic is a highly processed food. The key to eating raw is actually eating raw, enzymatic rich and bacteria rich food i.e. fermented dairy products and things like Kombucha and kefir. Raw eggs and raw milk are two of the most potent and health building raw foods you can put into your body. If you are interested in truly eating raw and healthy drop me an U2U and I can give you some advice. Vegetarian raw food eating is i.e. veggies etc. is not truly health and vitality building way to eat "raw".

I must say this is the biggest bunch of unsubstantiated BS i've read in a while. First starting with the fact that your diet appears to be too high in cholesterol. Secondly and most importantly,unless your only eating fresh raw fish, your raw meat consumption has without a doubt introduced a parisitic infestation into your intestines. This includes ring worm which bites onto your intestine wall and doesn't let go and hook worm, you get the idea. When these parasites mature, they spawn larvae which are small enough to enter your bloodstream. Cases have been reported in which the larvae takes refuge in the brain, if not killed it will eventually kill the host. There is a strain of ecoli found in beef that is usually fatal. Cook your meats and detox your gut. Most of the bacteria you are putting in your gut are not beneficial and are blocking absorption, which causes diarrhea. You should be consuming pro-biotic supplements like acidophilus and bifidus regularus. V8 juice is very good considering all produce has been lacking in nutrients since the 1920s because the soil has been overused. I sure hope you don't have kids.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Here's a short video clip explaining the burden of cooked food on our bodies.

Just in case we needed another reason to eat more raw foods.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano

Today, I ate:

-granola
-swedish berry tea (love it...addicted to it, I swear)
-spinach salad (raw) with bleu cheese dressing
-1 avocado
-dried plums (prunes)
-rice milk with some protein powder (not raw, but I only had a few scoops left so I wanted to get rid of the container, and I figured I'd make the last dose)
-water, water, water

You need more sweet fruits, lots more :p and replace that granola/milk with some raw nuts, nut milk(preferably home made with nuts you know are raw). Also i don't know if you plan to stay raw long term but if you do try to eat less fats and as many fruits as you can with some greens added, plant fats are essentially the same as animal fats and they can do alot of harm if you fall into a high fat raw diet (which alot of people seem to do now adays). I believe Dr. doug graham has found the perfect balance for a raw diet, 80% carbs(sweet fruit), 10% protien, 10% fats

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeBrew

I'm slacking. I have never heard that. I really need to take Raw food more seriously. I'll up my raw intake and see if I feel any noticeable difference for a 90 days or so and if I don't feel any difference, I'll go back to my current regimen. Thanks for the video.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I was concerned, sounded like you were getting little to no protein. You told us your weight loss, but what did that weight loss consist of? not enough protein your body will use its own, and the weight will eventually come back and then some

a scale that measure pounds lost and also body fat would be more accurate for this

sounds like you made some good general life changes and I wish you good luck!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
When i came across raw food information at first i was so against it. I also did not know i could eat so many fruit and veggies, since the five food groups were drilled into my brain since food classes at school.
I never thought in my entire life that i would experience more energy, clearer vision, springy in my steps and running, have profound spiritual like experiences. It just made me open my eyes to the fact that i feel like ive been lied to all my life by so many institutions telling me how i should eat, drink, live and dress.
I dont know why they would cause such a lazy, diseased nation when infact if you wanted slaves and workers you would want them to be in fit tip top condition so that work gets done. Weird.
I started a detox the other day and i actually had so much energy that i took my child with me and a big bag with gloves and started walking around my neighbourhood picking up rubbish. I never would have ever done that in my life and i didnt care who was watching me clean up my suburb's filth. Even though a week after it was littered with rubbish again. Now i pick up atleast one piece of rubbish. Just one act of kindness really can make a difference when others do the same.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

This woman in above video is a vegan raw foodist. Does not look like she lacks protein.

au.video.yahoo.com...

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Applesandoranges]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join