It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 30 day experiment: 30 days of a raw food diet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well there's cheating and then there's CHEATING! Haha, but at least you're being honest about it. I cringed when you mentioned the "half diet pepsi" at the movies. That my friend is in the category above cheating; somewhere in the "intentional poisoning/harming" category.

But yes, for the record diet soda is one of the worst legal food substances that can be ingested. It shouldn't enter anyone's body, ever. Specific ingredients within actually serve the purpose to stop your bodies organs from functioning properly.

One on the most important steps in my opinion is understanding what food is extremely counterproductive. And if you or anyone really wants to help themselves, eliminate the fake food first. Processed foods with added chemical flavor enhancers and preservatives for long shelve life MUST be eliminated. Do not "dabble" or "cheat" with them. If you want to go raw, then cheat elsewhere if you must. Stay away from processed food. They are fake, non-nutritious, and outright harmful even in little amounts.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Though the Atkins diet has taken a lot of hits the basic idea of it is still valid in its main purpose is to replace carb energy with fat energy. We need energy and we get it in either carbs or fat, but the difference is carbs, i.e. sugar, is poorly controlled with insulin and our bodies go into this roller coaster ride that over time can lead to diabetes and other health problems. It looks though your raw diet is basically doing the same thing as in controlling your carb intake a good deal and that might be what makes it so good.

I suggest you do your raw diet for 30 days and then take a 30 day brake and try a protein/fat diet with little or no carbs. To eat a chicken breast with lots of green veggies and some cheese is not bad either and does the same thing in limiting carbs, and you can see which one works better.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Medjool dates are actually not that good for you, very excesivelly hybridized and they contain way to much sugar now (there glycemic number's insane compared to other fruits). try to avoid all date varietys if u can but for sure stay away from medjool dates, i found figs to be an awesome replacement

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Though the Atkins diet has taken a lot of hits the basic idea of it is still valid in its main purpose is to replace carb energy with fat energy. We need energy and we get it in either carbs or fat, but the difference is carbs, i.e. sugar, is poorly controlled with insulin and our bodies go into this roller coaster ride that over time can lead to diabetes and other health problems. It looks though your raw diet is basically doing the same thing as in controlling your carb intake a good deal and that might be what makes it so good.

The carbs/sugars in fruits will never ever give u diabetes(on there own), the cause of diabetes and health problems today is from processed carbs and processed carbs only(bread, pasta, processed sugar etc.). I personally think the atkins diet is retarded all your doin is starving your body of carbs and making it turn protien into carbs which is very inefficent

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp
reply to post by googolplex

Medjool dates are actually not that good for you, very excesivelly hybridized and they contain way to much sugar now (there glycemic number's insane compared to other fruits). try to avoid all date varietys if u can but for sure stay away from medjool dates, i found figs to be an awesome replacement

Yes I am kind of sugar freak, but the medjool compared to what they offer in grocery store is like night and day. For me the figs are good but don't compare to the dates, I could eat a pound right now and go run around the block about ten times. For me those medjool dates are like eating those sugar babies when was a kid only better. I like the fresh mishie ones straight from Iraq, 5 or 6 dollars a pound are kind of high, need my own tree.
Some one gave me a 20 pound box one time that was gone in no time.
I would accept a 20 pound box of figs also.
I'm not fat and am not diabetic, I'm almost 60 the last time saw doctors he said I was like 20 year old.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is one of the things the I have tought about in the past, I'm not bible thumper, but just wonder.

25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

28 "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:25-34

Another thing that I have had toughts about is the great flood and Noah, after the flood is when mankink was told that the animals would fear them and the animals would be their meat.

Because I had become a fruitarian, I wondered if I had made a mistake, and woundered if was working in soul power rather than that of the spirit.

In reguard to what said above, come be in line with true believer not being effected either way by these things. Like with being able to drink poison and not being effected. Being able to transmute things.
So my question would be does it really matter what you eat or drink but what your state of mind is that counts.

When I became a fruitarian all kinds of strange things begin to occur, astral projection , etheric projection, 360 degree vision, I often wonder if was of satan temping me, but I do not believe in Satan.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
the diet can do alot for you but your 100% right alot of it is mindset, the diet will usually help u aline with a good mindset tho(most the time
). Take a look at this if your interested in religion, www.essene.com... , This is supposedly written by jesus and i would not doubt it one bit

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

I think I'll try to join you on this. It's something that I've been wanting to do for quite a while and actually started once. I was vegetarian at the time and I did feel much better. I wasn't able to stick to raw foods only for an entire 30 days though. I've been thinking about doing it again and your post just gave me the extra push I needed.

Anyway, these days, I've gained far too much weight from my job of sitting on my arse 10 hours a day, eating whatever is fast (I gave up the vegetarian thing two years ago), and basically not exercising anywhere near enough. On top of that, I'm pre-diabetic, which sucks and my gall bladder is giving me fits, lol. I wont promise that I'll stick to it completely, but I'll try my hardest to stay with it as much as I can. It helps that sushi is raw, ha ha! It's my fave food.
I'll monitor my weight and such, keep up with this thread for motivation and post updates occasionally. Kudos to you for deciding to give this a go!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

the diet can do alot for you but your 100% right alot of it is mindset, the diet will usually help u aline with a good mindset tho(most the time
). Take a look at this if your interested in religion, www.essene.com... , This is supposedly written by jesus and i would not doubt it one bit

Thanks for link, most people are not aware that Jesus was a Essene, as were his Father Joseph, Mother Mary , Mary Magdalene, John the Baptist.

There is group of Essene in Brazil now, that have planted a mountian side with fruit, tropical at the base of mountian, and as goes to the higher altitudes they grow peaches, pears, apples, so on up the mountian side.
Wouldn't that be great.

You can still become a Essene, but they will look at you for a couple of years before there's any real consideration to become member.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by satgirl

Gall Blader, don't drink booze, try a shot of virgin olive oil everyday a little lemon juice helps also, but milk thistle, dandelion, artichoke hearts, beet juce, will help and the pain will go away.

Milk thistle improves liver function,and has had at least 50 clinical trails, that prove it works, but try and get doctor to prescribe, have to go to naturolpath, get one with M.D.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex

When I became a fruitarian all kinds of strange things begin to occur, astral projection , etheric projection, 360 degree vision, I often wonder if was of satan temping me, but I do not believe in Satan.

That is odd as i had these things happen when i took a prescription drug and it stopped when i became raw. I also became a better person on raw. I do only 90% raw foods as i still live a fast life. When i gorge on bad foods somettimes in a while i become like i feel dumb(forgetfull) again and extremely angry.
Everyone tells me when i binge and eat cooked food i change in personality again. They actually beg me to eat more raw food again.
So i definately know whats its doing for my mind and well being. My awareness and perception change. I feel the oneness and love with everything.
There is a website called 'Halleluljah acres' that deals with bible study and raw foods if you are interested.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Applesandoranges

So you nolonger astral project?

My fisrt contact with becoming fruitarian was thur book by Hereward Carrington, after I had already begin to leave my body, I found out Carrington was hooked up with Muldoone and had writing book together on astral projection.

Whan this first happened and I told friends they said I was sick and lack something in diet. Upon going to Doctor he was amazed at what good health I was in.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The carbs/sugars in fruits will never ever give u diabetes(on there own), the cause of diabetes and health problems today is from processed carbs and processed carbs only(bread, pasta, processed sugar etc.). I personally think the atkins diet is retarded all your doin is starving your body of carbs and making it turn protien into carbs which is very inefficent

Well just the initial phase of like the first 20 days to jump start your body into burning body fat instead of carbs are you actually on a almost zero carb diet. After that it is more like the south beach diet of low carbs.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Well just the initial phase of like the first 20 days to jump start your body into burning body fat instead of carbs are you actually on a almost zero carb diet. After that it is more like the south beach diet of low carbs.

Are u referng to a high fruit diet?sweet fruits are nothing but carbs for the most part, the sugars in fruits=carbs

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Day 9

Well, well, I'm back. I honestly didn't think I'd make it back after falling off the wagon for 2 days, but here I am.

So, this is what happened. After falling off the wagon into the a huge dish of chocolate ice cream (LOL!) I tried to get back on the wagon the next day at work, but nothing was open before I got to work (I am a terrible, terrible shopper and keep no food in my house) and so I had to eat (ack!) hospital food, but I couldn't stomach hospital food, and so my co-worker went out and got chinese food for lunch for me, and there you go....another day of cheating.

Ok, so then, I decided fine, I"m done with the raw food diet. I can't do it.

But then....what do you know, my mind was done with the diet, but my body was not done with the diet. My body was literarally craving real food. I was astounded. When I went to the store, I was subconsciously picking up fruits and veggies. I didn't want to. I really wanted chocolate donuts and pizza....but my body said, "No, no, Niki. We want green stuff. Put the pizza and donuts back on the shelf." And so I came home with a basket of fruits and veggies again.

So, I suppose this diet becomes addicting after a while, which is good.

Ok, so today was day 9, and I"m back on. And I ate:

-A pear
-Two nectarines
-A spinach and iceberg salad from the hospital salad bar
-A hard-boiled Egg
-broccoli-slaw curry (brocolli slaw with Korma curry sauce, slightly heated on the stove to seal in the curry flavor (not bad, actually!)
-2 green apples with peanut butter

I did cheat by having a coke this afternoon, but compared to what I ate the last 2 days, I"m doing pretty good.

So, now here's the best part. My co-worker went on the raw food starting 3 or 4 days ago. Pisses me off that she's already lost 5 pounds, but then again, she didn't cheat by having chocolate ice cream and chinese food. So, I suppose she deserves to lose 5 pounds, whereas I do not. But I feel good for positively influencing another person!!

So, tomorrow will be day 10, and even though I'm terrified to weigh myself, I am interested to see what kind of effect my 2 days of relapse will have on my weight loss. Will I have re-gained my weight back? I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning and let you know.

General feelings of well being: I do feel better, mentally, when I eat raw, versus when I don't eat raw....and my body seems to like eating raw food better, too.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by nikiano]

[edit on 29-6-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Day 10

YEAY!!! I got on the scale just a few minutes ago, and I am happy to announce that my current weight is 139.4 pounds.

Wow!! I have lost....4 pounds (4.2 pounds, to be exact) since I started this diet. In 10 days.

This is truly amazing, because since being on the medications I was on years ago, I have not been able to lose weight, no matter how hard I tried. The meds just killed my metabolism. I could work out like a banshee, and starve myself, but the weight would never come off. Now, it's coming off, and I haven't really even been working out. (A little, here and there, but not much.)

I am very glad that I came back to the raw food diet and didn't give up, even when I fell off the diet for a few days and wanted to give up.

Now that I'm starting to see results on the scale, I think it will be easier for me to stay on the diet....because now I can see it's working.

Well, I have the day off of work, so I'm going to go celebrate by taking a little jog in the park to burn off some more calories before I do anything else today.

4 pounds!! Yeay!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Congratulations im with you all the way. Come back to check your progress. You have inspired me to do 100%.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeBrew

The last quick thing I wanted to say was about the importance of enzymes. Some people say enzymes in raw foods are of minimal consequence because A) our bodies produce enzymes on demand already and B) most of the raw food enzymes are destroyed by the acid medium of the stomach. These are both very wrong opinions and really undermine how the body works efficiently. Enzymes are what make use of the vitamins, minerals and hormones, etc in our body. So without them, all of these would be useless to us. Raw food allows us to reduce the burden of enzyme creation to the level our bodies want to function at.

Applesandoranges posted a great suggestion from Victoria Boutenko (a raw food expert/chef) the green smoothie. Being able to use a blender (common in many homes) to make something like this is nice. Another option, which is more pricey but worth it, is a good vegetable juicer. Time and time again, "Champion" brand juicers comes back as being the best bang for your buck and is actually one of the higher end juicers available. When we can start reducing 6 carrots, 1 beet, and 1 cucumber into a quart of juice and have our body start digesting it within 10 mins, then we really start to feel live, food energy.

Yeah, this is up my alley. I know a thing or two about juicing and would do it more if I could afford anything right now.

Anyway, enough was said in the quote above, I just thought I would drop by with a little recipe.

Honey Ginger Lemonade - 1 Gal.

12 ounces lemon juice - about four to five lemons
9 ounces honey
8 ounces ginger juice

Pretty simple, use a small amount of hot water to melt the honey, cool it off with ice or cold purified water. Throw the rest in and top off with purified water.

Or there is always Master Cleanser - substitute maple syrup for honey, no ginger, add just a tad of cayenne pepper, enough to give it a bite.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Wow!

This thread has definately convinced me to make some changes to my own eating habits. Luckily, I have always loved veggies (not really fruit though). I was previously vegetarian for around 5 years however when I moved away to attend university it just became too hard as I was living on campus with no easy way of getting to the supermarket to buy fresh food every few days.

But now I can

Congratulations on your weight loss! I am hoping I can stick to this new way of eating, I'm very much like you and have little patience

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Eat fruit, juice if you want to be healthy.
They say all these bad things about Cuba, but in Cuba they don't have fat people, and no one is going with out food.
Beans and rice, everyone gets fed it's not that good in the U.S.A. .
I don't know what happen to Nicki, but if you speed up your Matabolism by eating a bunch of small meals you lose weight.
If you eat fresh veg and fruit you won't get sick.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by googolplex]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join