It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to shut down ATS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I agree with you actually. A lot of people would rather sit around and just talk about these things, instead of taking action. I am here to get more info on certain topics, because it is more of a one stop shop, as my time is short, especially being that i am overseas in Iraq, and i would rather find the facts, then resource them to validate them. However, not enough people are actually doing anything in real life about anything. And that needs to change.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think I know where you're coming from regarding closing
the site, but way I see it is that if you do... then they win.

By 'they' I mean the cynics, the debunkers and the down-right
hateful people who wish to the see world flat and alone.
I'm sure one day, alien existence, and a plethera of conspiracies
will be explained or at least be proven to be true.

At the least,, it's a place where folk like myself can find other
people who are the same and dream of a better place.

Keep it open please Mr. Overlord.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silencer

"The fact is that it will never happen. As long as you have this website to vent your anger and frustration, you will never actually leave the comfort of your home and actually bring about change in the real world out there."

Measa dosen't think so.

"So shut down this site and start getting out of the house and raise your voice in the community. Gather people who are as frustrated as you are and form small groups. Then join groups from neighboring towns, cities, states, countries, etc. Actively protest wrong decisions from your lawmakers. Don't just write a letter to them. Go stand outside their office with your group and demand change."

Yes...agreed

Stop flocking this website and use your time and energy to actually go out there and make change.

"For you guys who are gonna reply to me about why I am using the website instead of going 'out there' myself, remember, I am merely using this as a means of communication."

That is why we come to this site , for venting, for answers,for guidence to share in what we beleive !

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
I think I know where you're coming from regarding closing
the site, but way I see it is that if you do... then they win.
[]
At the least,, it's a place where folk like myself can find other
people who are the same and dream of a better place.

Keep it open please Mr. Overlord.

They only win if the site closes and we do nothing. The point of closing the site is to force a winning move/action from our side.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This is the all time most hypocritical and stupid thread yet to go fishing for stars and flags by trolling the forums with a topic that is going to be controversial...

I'm adding the OP to my ignore list and moving on, and I suggest everyone does the same to any of the people who are so lame and stupid and bored as to treat this site like a Nintendo Wii game.

What this site really needs is to get rid of the fancy avatars and flag and star counting. It's making the site worse and worse, not better. It incentivizes people to fill up the site with garbage like this thread.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11andrew34
This is the all time most hypocritical and stupid thread yet to go fishing for stars and flags by trolling the forums with a topic that is going to be controversial...

On my.....I need stars and flags because next time I go pay my bills, I can pay for them using these stars and flags. Seriously though, if you cannot contribute to the discussion, please refrain from posting an utterly idiotic reply which does nothing to discredit me but instead shows your stupidity and lack of common sense.

I'm adding the OP to my ignore list and moving on, and I suggest everyone does the same to any of the people who are so lame and stupid and bored as to treat this site like a Nintendo Wii game.

Please do add me to the ignore list. I think it's a better option for you rather than coming here and spewing hatred just because you don't like the topic.

What this site really needs is to get rid of the fancy avatars and flag and star counting. It's making the site worse and worse, not better. It incentivizes people to fill up the site with garbage like this thread.

I am sure you know better how to run a website this big better than the people currently running it, rite?? The only garbage filling that is done here is by people like you who contribute nothing to the discussion, personally attack the OP, spew some hate words, throw some cuss words in there and call it a day.

I suggest you shut down your computer for a week and go outside play some sports or something. Do some activities and cool off your light brain.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It seems to me that many (generalizing here) conspiracy theorists can think outside of the box better than most of the population...but when it actually comes to doing something, whether or not it is "logical", they fail.

You see, corruption is part of human nature. While "Utopian" ideas sound *perfect*...the idea of failure and the probabilities of something going wrong doesn't fit into many revolution type ideas.

Hate me all ye wants! Just my pitiful opinion (I am trying to calm the emotions now).

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Communicating and sharing information remains one of the most powerful revolutionary tools we have, far more powerful than a fist and a loaded gun.

While the apathy of most people is disapointing (few more disapointing than my own lazy ass) the most powerful tool against Empire (or whatever name people ascribe to it) is to change consciousness and modify belief. With revolutions the same mind-sets will remain in place, set on win/lose agendas and personal gain and profit.

As lame as it sounds from certain angles the most powerful action is non-action. Literally doing nothing. If enough people were to freeze all consumption and production for just one day everything would be crippled?

...But would enough people really dare?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I don't agree with the op.
People are just starting to turn away from state media and starting to talk among themselves. Fo example, some people are spending time on this site instead of watching TV, or browsing MSN.
I think we need a little bit of patience. The collective consiousness needs to shift, and I think that's what it is doing.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well why don't we start now, everyone from Alabama message me and I'll message back etc etc... and we'll just go from there, so if something needs protesting we'll all meet up and start protesting or we can meet up and protest whats already going on and if everyone else from other states will do the same, then we'll have an army.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
i totally get what your saying OP, however i love ATS, and i don't think losing just ATS would take me to the street, the internet is huge, i would just find another site

but that new site wouldn't and couldn't be as awesome as ats, so i have to say, DONT SHUT DOWN ATS, it would just reduce the quality of information i absorb on the web.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If everyone closed their bank accounts we could take down the Banksters without leaving our home. But I agree, if we got out in the streets like Iran is doing who knows what changes we could bring about. I would join.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

You do make good points here. Salute!

I agree with you. Only by contacting the issues can you have a chance to finally solving them.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
not a good idea because if you shut this site, nobody will take physical action site or no site, we will still be lazy, instead you should promote action but to shut this site down-well you must be a virus working for the Man. this is a great place to get information for new and old members or those who are just awakening to the reality of things.Its a place where you can express your opinions or ideas as you have.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
i was looking at another site yesterday and saw a story of a chap who said we should use money as a tool to get back at the ptb.(now this might be an old story and i am quite new to this ,) but if we all start writing messages on money on the edges ( don,t deface) e.g promote ats , question 9-11 , deny ignorance etc and this way money circulates and people who would otherwise be sleeping may MAY wake up .use their tool against them .
peace ,love and tolerance

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
There will definetely come a day when those of us not prepared to take their BS anymore have to stand up for ourselves and take some form of action. The probability is that the action, when it comes, will most likely be of a defensive natue rather than aggressive because as a race we are always happy to keep what we have. So if they take something that we dont believe they have a right to take we will make our opinions known more vociferously than before.

The problem is that they take what we have, or what we think we have, very slowly and methodically a bit at a time. We dont even notice it because the stealth tactics involved are incredibly good. think about the whole ID card/chip debate. That will not happen over night, there will be well publicised trials for the card(starting in Manchester, England, from a British perspective). Whether or not these are a success will only speed up or slow down the process but i believe there to be an agenda and timescale already in place and this will be adhered to by the powers that be.
They have started the whole process and the wheels are in motion, it cannot be stopped until the final phase, total assimilation to the chip, by which time all the work done by "them" along the way will mean the final segment will be painless and ultimately unnoticeable.

They have done it many times over the last fifty years, definetely, and lots more processes are in place and will come to fruition in the near future.

My situation is that i have a very open mind but have conformed to the modern way of life by getting a good job and trying to raise a family. This is surely just what they want everyone to do. The parents thoughts are always with the children and the guilt that can be placed on a parent in terms of medical shots, schooling and education, general rules for the raising of kids etc are many and varied.

ATS is my variable, my release. I can scan it for whatever im personally interested and converse with like minded people about the subjects i find most interesting. Hopefully i find some form of enlightenment and learn along the way but if it were closed down i would just be forced to go to another site for my daily "thrill".

I believe and i want to help but, alas, i'm busy, tired and manipulated by family into having something to do to keep someone happy everyday of my life and although i care deeply about these things, untilthey force me to do something i cant or dont want to do,thn retaliation or retribution just dont fit into my grand scheme.
We are heading down the "Children of Men" route but we are being led down that route blindfolded with comforting words in our ear telling us that theres a very welcoming light at the end of this tunnel which will make us all feel better.

I will be standing shoulder to shoulder with you all when the situation is untenable, i just hope our shoulders are touching and not 300 or 400 miles away from each other.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I agree.

We should shut down ATS.

For different reasons to yours.

ATS is run by people who, if they don't agree with what you have to say, will delete your threads or ban you as a member.

Personally I'm not bothered about a ban because I can just create another account to use it to inform people of the narrow mindedness and the disinformation and manipulation that these moderators are propagating.

Either stop manipulating what people have to say and deleting people because you don't like their opinion or shut it down.

regards,

User.
::
:::
:
:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Revolution against what exactly? Is your life so bad that you think sod it and start a war on people you could never beat? The very people that make sure you could easily live a pretty decent life if you work at it?

Im guessing your not married with kids either, cos I wouldnt risk their lives just to start a war cos I wanna know some alien secrets.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
No we do not need to shut down ATS. We all know the risk of being a member of this site. I don't care if it raises some red falg somewhere. I am still a free citzen of the United States. If we shut down this site we are giving in and restricting our own freedoms. It is up to each indivual how they use this site. If things get worse people have the option of unjoining the site. If the government though we are a threat; they would have shut us down by now.
This site is very unique and I can not find another like it.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by davedat2

Actually that time is now. At least for me. I stand up all the time for things I think are wrong. When the bank closed down my account for no reason and refused to give me my money back I didn't back down. I went to court for my beliefs and faced jail time.
When the DOR suspended my license I walked into the DMV to apply for limited driving privilages. They told me to leave yet I did not until they gave me the info.
I am sick of all the big business and government BS.
When my utlity company wanted a 17.5% increase I tried to get the information to a public meeting and bring a group of people with me. I think we can all fight in our ways. If they see we are not scared and not weak then they may back down.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join