It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ: We Can't Release Cheney Records Because Of Late Night Comedy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

"If we become a fact-finder for political enemies, they aren't going to cooperate," Justice Department attorney Jeffrey Smith said during a 90-minute hearing.

That has got to be one of the most assanine statements that i have ever read

I forgot to comment on THIS quote from the article!

Why do they think they are becoming fact finders for "political enemies" instead of thinking of it as trying to find out the TRUTH, for the people that voted them in, whether or not these "POLITICIANS/ PUBLIC SERVANTS" have actually done something wrong or illegal while in the position of power that WE voted them into!!!!!

After all, we didn't vote them in so they could manipulate the government system so that they could become wealthy or so that they could break laws at will with no repercussions!!!!!

[edit on 6/21/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
In many ways being a politician and or leader is a thankless task. There will always be a group of citizens that places paramount importance on the task in question. Though the issue might be a complete contrivance and fabrication in those people’s minds who choose to breath life into that it becomes as real and urgent as the day is long.

To the remainder of us that same issue takes on an importance relative to our own individual perspectives from the comical to the mundane to the trite to being complete unadulterated nonsense and fiction.

Yet in this world it is always the squeaky wheel that gets the grease and politicians typically respond to that group of interested people who show the most interest and most support towards their response.

To the people involved in that charade it’s as serious as a heart attack.

To the people who see it as a charade it’s nothing but a comedy of errors and ignorance.

At the end of the day 9 out of 10 people wish to be governed in some fashion.

Don’t ask me why, I guess they are people riddled with guilt for not eating all their green beans and not calling home at a preset time and feel some overwhelming desire for authority, imposed discipline and regulation in their lives.

Or more likely simply fear the complete responsibility for their own well being and destiny.

While only a few of the 9 out of 10 who wish to be governed will see that level, and type of response by government they are evidencing as appropriate and timely the rest will see it in the varying shades of gray from pure comedy to pure crime.

Naturally they will argue incessantly over it just like we do here on ATS.

Yes governing is a thankless task, which is why despite its many lucrative rewards I have shunned politics as a career…

After all who really wants to end up being made fun of by Bill Maher?

[edit on 21/6/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: Bwahahahaha OMG! How the hell does the USA justice system work when its got no spine to be able to stand up straight, no guts to have some gumption and no heart or mind of its own to be either compassionate or wise???
OL is
'lled to the extreme!!!

Personal Disclosure:
:shk:

P.S Starred and Flagged. Plus many stars for multiple agreeing posters. Well done All.

<< 1   >>

join