It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please view to truly understand what is going on in Iran right now: The CIA, Iran, and the election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Brought to you by the US American Taxpayers:

In the video:

--Footage of a May 2007 report by Brian Williams detailing how Bush gave secret orders to the CIA in order to create an uprising in Iran.

Bush sanctions 'black ops' against Iran

Interestingly enough, the CIA correspondent on his show admits that BY LETTING THE STORY BREAK, the CIA benefits in riling up the Iranian govt!

Now you see how manipulated the media is. I wonder if Brian Williams realized how much a tool he had just become, or if he just knew it all along and was just helping them out. This story wasn't "leaked". Someone blatantly told Williams about the operation so he would tell the rest of America.

--The story of the female American-Iranian journalist who was arrested in Iran and accused of spying for the CIA. NPR.com

timesonline.com

The American journalist Roxana Saberi was jailed for espionage in Tehran after obtaining a confidential Iranian document about the American invasion of Iraq, it was claimed today.

What was so "curious" about that document that she risked her own safety to get it? No one just scans and copies a CONFIDENTIAL document out of "curiosity" in country were you can easily be accused of espionage if it was ever found in your possession.

Upon being released and her fist time in front of a news camera, she said that "singing the National Anthem" was the only thing that kept her sane in prison. How sweet.

--The CIA set up the means for the "resistance" to be able to communicate with the outside world by circumventing the Iranian govt's blockades.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The fact the the US, Israel or any other country have operatives in Iran is hardly news. There are Iranian, Israeli, Russian, Chinese and many other country's spies and intelligence operatives here in the US and in every other major country.

So?

It is becoming pretty clear that the current unrest in Iran is a grassroots one that is being driven by people who have long ago tired of an oppressive government that, in their opinions, acts in violation of the principals of the Revolution.

The people of Iran deserve to have the kind of government they want to have. All people who support freedom should be supporting them at this time.

Instead, some are simply using this as yet another opportunity to blame the US, UK and Israel for imposing their collective wills.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This is the truth!

Thank you so much for posting the Video and such.

The United States Black ops was involved in Iran in the 70's and still is...This is going to get very interesting.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

It may not be news to you, but it is news to some and that was my intention. Many people have been discussing the Iran situation while completely leaving out the CIA factor in all of this.

You say, "So?". I say, I worry when the CIA and America for that matter interjects into yet another countries affairs. We'll just wind up with another puppet that will do America's biddings.

So?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
That Iranian/american was so full of crap. Pretty tho. Coincidence? She reminded me of someone from Anne of Green Gables. She seemed like she'd spent her time in jail practicing body/facial movements while in front of a camera while trying to sell something.

That being said, if she's a spy, so what. I don't know why they'd let her go. Are Americans supposed to feel bad that they have spies? That young people can use cell phones?

I agree with the above poster who said it's their right to protest if they want, and effect change if they want.

Of course, about 50% of me doesn't really care about what's going on in Iran, but then again i'm canadian so imagine that, lol.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Look, I totally support the Iranian's in their protest. My reservations come from the fact that, with the CIA propogating this whole situation, there is a greater cause. Just who is Moussavi? I don't know because I don't know Iranian politics. But I know that when we invaded Iraq we put in place a puppet who would do our bidding. I see the same thing happening in Iran.

I'm just tired of America meddling in the affairs of other countries. We wouldn't stand for it here would we? Some people absolutely despise Obama (I don't like him too much myself) and some despised Bush (I didn't like him either). But I would NEVER welcome another country trying to meddle in our government and put into place a candidate that THEY approve of so that that new leader will be at their beckon call.

If I wouldn't stand for it in my country, why should I approve of my govt doing it to another country?

Let the Iranians do what they do on their own time and dollar. If they want change bad enough they would make it happen. Same in America. We all keep complaining about our govt and how much things need to change, but none of us is really doing anything worth while. But I sure as heck wouldn't approve of another country like Russia, Isreal, or China planting spies in our govt to try to install a puppet govt here.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

It may not be news to you, but it is news to some and that was my intention. Many people have been discussing the Iran situation while completely leaving out the CIA factor in all of this.

You say, "So?". I say, I worry when the CIA and America for that matter interjects into yet another countries affairs. We'll just wind up with another puppet that will do America's biddings.

So?

Do you think the US is the only country with operatives in Iran? If not, why does it both you only about the US? Are you equally concerned about Russian presence? China? Muslim Extremists from other countries?

Let me ask you another question. What if the Iranian dissidents ask for the US' help? Should the US ignore those pleas? Should we let them all be murdered in the street?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

The difference is that America is the only psychotic and frivolous nation trying to interject itself into the government of other sovereign nations, that's the basic and mere difference. This is double true now upon the admission of America interjecting their puppet into a sovereign Iran back then. Only two countries do this, Israel to America (their paper toting lobby) and America to Iran (wow, surprise connection there). Anyway, it hardly matters, Beijing has ordered Obama to stay true to HIS OWN WORDS (pathetic if you ask me, someone else reminding you to follow your promise), and his words were somewhere along the line of NOT INTERFERING with Iran and Middle East issues. I'd like to see America the bad-ass defy Beijing. China would push the USD five miles more straight down the toilet, of course after the Federal Reserve and Japanese (:lol

[Mod Edit - Replaced quote with Reply To: tab]

[edit on 22/6/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This reminds me of something..oh yeah Color Revolutions

The Green Revolution is a term being widely used to describe the ongoing Iranian election protests, because of presidential candidate Mir-Hossein Mousavi's campaign colour. It is also being referred to as the "Twitter Revolution"[1] and the "Facebook Revolution"[2], with both terms alluding to the fact that many of the protests are being organised through the Internet.

Soros foundation and U.S. influence Opponents of the colour revolutions often accuse the Soros Foundation and/or the United States government of supporting and even planning the revolutions in order to serve western interests. It is noteworthy that after the Orange Revolution several Central Asian nations took action against the Open Society Institute of George Soros with various means -- Uzbekistan, for example, forced the shutting down of the OSI regional offices, while Tajik state-controlled media have accused OSI-Tajikistan of corruption and nepotism. [9] Evidence suggesting U.S. government involvement includes the USAID (and UNDP) supported Internet structures called Freenet, which are known to comprise a major part of the Internet structure in at least one of the countries - Kyrgyzstan - in which one of the colour revolutions occurred. The Guardian[10] claimed that USAID, National Endowment for Democracy, the International Republican Institute, the National Democratic Institute for International Affairs, and Freedom House are directly involved; the Washington Post and the New York Times also reported substantial Western involvement in some of these events.[3][4] Activists from Otpor in Serbia and Pora in Ukraine have said that publications and training they received from the US based Albert Einstein Institution staff have been instrumental in the formation of their strategies.[5][6] [edit]

Just thought I would throw that info out there, indeed we probably are involved...heavily.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisYah

The difference is that America is the only psychotic and frivolous nation trying to interject itself into the government of other sovereign nations, that's the basic and mere difference.

This is such utterly absurd that it makes it not worth responding to. If you truly believe what you wrote you are as uneducated and ignorant as one can be about international politics.

I have no time for willful ignorance.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Night Watchman]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Israeli Troops move on Lebanon?

www.thenational.ae...

BEIRUT // Lebanon’s military deployed in an aggressive posture and called on United Nations peacekeepers to end Israeli aggression after a weekend incursion by an Israeli military unit into a disputed portion of the border with Lebanon.

After complaints by Maj Gen Claudio Graziano, the top military official with the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (Unifil), an Israeli Defence Force (IDF) unit removed an Israeli flag from the newly built observation post just outside Kfar Shouba on a disputed patch of land. Despite the complaints, however, the IDF unit, which entered the territory on Friday, remains in position. In response, the Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF) increased patrols by its units in the area and continued to insist that the Israeli soldiers had entered Lebanon.

THis is a VERY intersting development!

Another source:
www.dailystar.com.lb...

BEIRUT: The Lebanese Army deployed along the border with Israel Friday after responding to what it called a "provocative" violation of Lebanese sovereignty. Tel Aviv violated the Lebanese border earlier this week by erecting an observation post and a military post on the outskirts of the Kfar Shouba Hills, according to a statement issued Friday by the Army Command's Directorate of Orientation.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Trunkeight]

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Trunkeight]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The CIA may probably assist in the possible revolution, but this is all the Iranian people's choices. Their leaders are not friendly to the US, so it wouldn't matter who wins the election. They seem like they are finally tire of living in a jail cell.

Same goes with Iran and their covert operations in Iraq. Every country has convert operations in every country. They wouldn't be special forces for nothing.

I doubt any country outside of the US can create enough propaganda in the US to start a revolution. The people would have to be feed up enough for that to happen.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by amfirst]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
The CIA may probably assist in the possible revolution, but this is all the Iranian people's choices.

Sadly, there are people who, in their simple, black and white view of the world, must blame everything on the US.

There will always be simpletons.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I agree with your outlook that they should be left alone to do their own thing, totally. However, there is a part of me that just wants to know what's going on down there, but mostly i don't care either.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This is the exact reason why I don't think it was right for us to meddle...

Tanks roll into Tehran

As I replied in that thread, I'm worried that we got them riled up enough to be brave and stand up against the government. That's not such a bad thing when if they believed we would be there to back them up when it reached boiling point. What is bad is if we led them to that conclusion only to leave them hanging. That would be the worst thing we could do if we are the ones who helped them get to this point.

But, at the same time, I don't want this to turn into an all out war.

I know I sound contradictory and it may not make sense, but that's why I don't think we should've gotten involved in the first place.

I'm really worried for those people

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Thanks for the post OP. A lot of useful info. I always thought the US had a hand in this and the involvement does not bode well for many countries including the US, Iran and its neighbors. Let the people have their protest without inciting it!

This is perhaps one of the more important conspiracy threads and it deserves more attention!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by nunya13

So?

Do you think the US is the only country with operatives in Iran? If not, why does it both you only about the US? Are you equally concerned about Russian presence? China? Muslim Extremists from other countries?

Let me ask you another question. What if the Iranian dissidents ask for the US' help? Should the US ignore those pleas? Should we let them all be murdered in the street?

You're right. I wasn't thinking about the other countries with spies. I also wasn't thinking about all the other countries with spies IN OUR COUNTRY. I was, however, focusing on just this specific part of the issue--perhaps because I live in America and it's my tax dollars that go toward these clandestine operations.

You seem really hostile in your response.

Of course we shouldn't let them be murdered in the street. I would never want such a thing to happen, the fact is though, that they ARE being murdered in the street and we are doing nothing about it when we are the ones who stirred the pot in the first place.

My problem is not that we are helping the Iranians stand up for themselves. My problem is that we aren't doing it for THEIR well being, we are doing it for ours. And when someone helps someone only out of selfishness, then their ulterior motives should be questioned.

Like I said, the CIA has been carrying out this specific operation for at least 2 years now. Of course, they were waiting for the next voting year for their efforts to come to fruition (and they sure got that journalist out of there just in time, don't you think?). But now that the people took to the streets after being riled up by CIA operations, where are we to back them up?

No one seems to have a problem with this.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by amfirst
The CIA may probably assist in the possible revolution, but this is all the Iranian people's choices.

Sadly, there are people who, in their simple, black and white view of the world, must blame everything on the US.

There will always be simpletons.

The US is a superpower in this world with their finger in everyone's pie. I agree that to blame the US for everything isn't fair. But wouldn't it be just as simplistic a notion to believe that we have absolutely no responsibility for some of the woes in this world?

There are many countries who will say that it's not that they don't like America, it's that they don' t like our government meddling in their affairs.

Like I said, before...no matter what I may think about my government, I would not appreciate any country coming in here and trying to instigate an uprising for their own selfish purposes.

The American people have good intentions at heart, but not the government.

I wouldn't mind if we had only the best of intentions at heart, but I personally don't believe that we do. You can't force democracy and liberty down people's throats. A society has to be ready to accept the responsibility and if the Iranians were ready then they shouldn't have needed our help to rise up, just like I don't think American citizens need help from other countries to stand up for our own freedom.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Please visit this thread to understand why I have a problem with the CIA interferring in Iran: Protest = Terrorism

Once again, we must seriously question the motives of our own government inciting uprising in other countries when OUR OWN GOVERNMENT sees it's own citizens FIGHTING FOR THEIR RIGHTS as terrorism!

It is contradictory to say the very, very least. And we should all take heed.

top topics

join