It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing News about Swine Flu

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I'm in Texas and on my third round with this crap. Interestingly enough with all the talk about the swine flu, no doctor that anyone I know of has seen has told them they have it. A local navy base is having trouble keeping personel up and going because it's affected so many people. All I've been able to learn is that it hits you with the usual flu like symptoms but added to that can be cramping (like giving birth) diarreha and vomiting, sore or swollen kidneys and like a bad penny it keeps turning up after one thinks they are done with it.

My second go round with it put me on a nebulizer and I got through that and had four sorta lousy but much better days then woke up on Saturday with high fever, breathing trouble, sore kidneys and the whole abdominal thing all over again.

I know that for me, the reason I'm having so much trouble kicking it is that I only have about 10% heart function. Several years ago I was sick with a flu that returned about two weeks after I thought I was over it and the doctors told me I had a virus in my heart. Said that is one of the signs that a person could be in trouble, having flu return so quickly. Turns out, oops they're wrong. Mine is idiopathic. If it had been viral I'd either be dead or healed now.

But for anyone who does contract flu and it returns unexpectedly, please do see a doctor asap and tell them what's happened. Otherwise don't come to Texas if you want a definite answer to what you have. This one has stumped the band.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Swine Flu story true or not .... we all have to wait and see.

I'm deff. NOT going to take my flu-injection(s) this Autumn and for what it's worth: I'm won't be put in a casket anyway and will be cremated in 3 days.

IF a real pandimonium breaks out and they (people of funeral homes etc) won't have enough time to do proper buriels I can choose to set meself on fire

Sorry fooks, I don't believe in the Swine Flu hysteria. Keep your body as pure as possible and your natural bodyresistance will be best. What follows is not in our hands.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

I agree with you on this -its just another "hyped sensation" with no evidence of becomming anything more serious than influenza. //Though prove me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
UK people in particular

Have you guys noticed a rather lot of chem spraying going on? I have seen a LOT of chem spraying up here and whether that has something to do with the ability to get this "thing".

Keep an eye on the chemtrails it may answer a few questions - I managed to scare a pilot once by looking at him, we live not too far from RAF Lossiemouth and we quite often get low flying activities and I get a feeling it about checking up about something.

No vaccines or drugs for me, just herbs

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
More ridiculous fear mongering, if people want to make such outrageous claims then they need to provide proof. ATS should not tolerate such dangerous lies.
Thats right, we've had enough stress as it is, its been a really mild case, seems people like to feed the "Fear Factor".

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

haha, im assuming by last sentence you were referring to

ATS is a great site full of intelligent people.

I agree with your post
but what I was trying to get across was that everyone USUALLY has something to contribute to a thread, either for or against and that by keeping an open mind and seeing an argument from both sides without bias, one can gain a lot more from a thread rather than those who choose to take the low road and do nothing but name call and be obnoxious just because they don't agree with someone else or the topic at hand. Usually with nothing positive to contribute to a thread for either side of the coin.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

haha, im assuming by last sentence you were referring to

ATS is a great site full of intelligent people.

I agree with your post
but what I was trying to get across was that everyone USUALLY has something to contribute to a thread, either for or against and that by keeping an open mind and seeing an argument from both sides without bias, one can gain a lot more from a thread rather than those who choose to take the low road and do nothing but name call and be obnoxious just because they don't agree with someone else or the topic at hand. Usually with nothing positive to contribute to a thread for either side of the coin.

Absolutely.

There are places for critical thinking. It's also good to just let people throw things out without being shut out.

If you are familiar with Digg, you get voted up or down based upon how popular your point is. It's a "gotcha" game. Everybody gets back what most people think is the right answer -- or at least, amongst the people who bothered with that topic. Witty or naught comments can score well. It's a high school popularity contest -- but at least you can find some topics that don't make the news.

On Slashdot, you have a lot of engineers who deal with what is proven, and you will get slammed if you are inaccurate, or have no backing on your point. And that has it's place.

It's fun to visit a place where a person can say; "It makes me happy to think this way." Or it's a good outlet for mostly harmless crazy people.

Sometimes you can get a lot of information from people who don't normally come out of their shell. Some obscure religious or pharmacological info can come out. But you've got to take some with a grain of salt. It's just if you threw out anything or were negative, you wouldn't get the unique or just entertaining gems.

>> If you were at dinner with a crazy uncle, you would sit quiet while he ranted about the fairies that kept stealing his carrots in the garden. We don't want to alienate the uncle. People behave a bit more civil, but share a bit from being anonymous.

So I like the difference in standards here. And I like that it isn't everywhere as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by catalyst2466

Its not fear mongering, would you rather sit in the corner with your hands on your ears repeating, "Im not listenening"

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Thank you for your reply Spikey. What are the symptoms though? Is it the same as normal flu?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000

Isn't Hereford the main SAS base there in England?

Sure is, they all moved to a new home / playground on the outskirts of the town a few years back. Not sure why, probably fancied a change in scenery

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I have Registered on ATS, despite being a lurker for a period of years, because this thread has angered me so much

I for one should imagine that the OP is telling the truth. If people are that worried about mass bodies its an obvious reaction in my eyes.

BUT

The amount of uninformed know it alls on here is beyond belief.

Believe it or not most of you are taking the worst information you have heard about this situation and twisting it to fit your worse case scenario.

This RUBBISH about everyone needing to wait until this horrdendous new strain that is DEFINITELY coming in the winter (Because thats when the virus will mutate as it is cold etc)

are falling into this stupid trap of believing the worst without any substance.

A few people, NOW INCLUDING ME, have already given you the smoking gun for this argument being complete rubbish.

I live in VICTORIA, Melbourne which is the worst case by case for Swine Flu Per Capita in the world including Mexico, or the West Midlands for that matter. (And just to veer off for a few moments, not a lot of people from here go to Mexico, so you can count all of that rubbish out. We like to stay home where we have all four seasons on one land mass all year round)

Now,

IT IS WINTER HERE!!!!

NO-ONE IS DIEING

NOTHING IS MUTATING

EVERYONE IS GETING BETTER!!!!

Close this case because until something happens then its all hypothetical nonsense drummed up to put FEAR into you just as "THEY" want.

But the arguments on here for hypotheticals in England or America, im afraid to say to those who know all, are MOOT, because your hypotheticals are happening already right here in Australia.

Now, unless, your Government masters have a different plan for you guys, you can all get a better night sleep tonight i hope and stop this piggy nonsense.

Next Year we will be running away from Guinea Pig Flu.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by kaptabs]

[edit on 23-6-2009 by kaptabs]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Liar !!!!!!
Sorry if this is against ats rules but this is pure lies. Either from you or your father.

Swine flu is nothing to worry about. My mum had it for a week and got better after taking tamiflu !!!!

So again STOP FEARMONGERING YOU LIAR !!!!!

You cannot think I'm a bad guy for telling the truth. THIS PERSON IS LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

In Chicago, people are RABID baseball fans- they'll sit through snow and lightning to watch games. The last four or five home games- Sox and Cubs- have been half-full, at best, and because of the economy, tix are dirt cheap this year.

As well, on home game days, it's nearly impossible to get into the city- now- it's a breeze.

Again- anyone other Chicagoans here to corroborate?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
its just so funny how people can ceate a world wide panic over this swine flu(hope im not stepping on any toes :@@

Guys(and galls)..COME ON! There were about 231 confirmed deaths in Mei (by the Swiss Government) worldwide that have been caused by swine flu worldwide, while there are over 36 000 people on average in the USA alone who die from normal flu each year...there are more people whom die from car accidents in the USA than swine flu...really...this is crary,
Swine flu's inFLUence gets blown totally out of proportion!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
IMO, I don't see the OP as fear mongering or anything like that. I understand that the whole flu thing is worse in other places in the world and agree that there's no need to panic, What I got out of this thread was more to do with the possibility of a worse case scenario and what would have to be done in that case.

Yes more people die from seasonal flu and the swine flu may not ever get as bad as some that have been before, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't look at all possibilities. Best to be prepared for the worst case scenario than be caught with our pants down. Anything is possible in this world so from a logical standpoint, this swine flu, although not bad yet, COULD get a lot worse in the months to come. Not one of us on either side of the debate can conclusively say we have ALL the answers.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by trilateral_insignia

What exactly do you think im lying about?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Isnt some part of the world like... Uh the souther hemisphere or something currently in the winter season? Is swine flu killing like a mother #er down there? Are bodies backed up and crematories running 24/7?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by shug7272

We are in the middle of one of the coldest winters we've had in the last few years here in New Zealand. Swine Flu has had a LOT of media coverage in the last few months, with Tamiflu usually always getting a mention. What I find frustrating, is that the MSM harp on about Tamiflu being used to treat and prevent (it doesn't) swine flu, yet not once have they informed on what Tamiflu actually does. Although I have seen an article in a local newspaper showing that Tamiflu has been proven to be rather ineffective on Type A influenza. There maybe hope that there are still intelligent and investigative journalists in the media.

We have had numerous cases (can't find exact figures, but over a 1000), which have mostly been mild, with no deaths. It hasn't mutated or "hit harder" this winter, and I personally am not at all afraid of it. What I would be afraid of, is forced immunisation, but I can't see that happening any time soon.

There was a lot of hype saying that this H1N1 would be hitting young and healthy people hardest, as the immune system ends up killing you. Well, I'm going to stand up and call that pure BS. We've had one woman who was in a critical condition, although she was described as morbidly obese with previous respitory problems. Most reports I've seen of people who have contracted 'swine flu' have described it as being no worse than an ordinary cold!!

Although, there is always a need to look at all possibilities, I do believe there is a lot more hype than deserved, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how it pans out.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

You are correct.

It's been hyped up beyond all sensibility.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
OK I just saw the new Transformers movie, and they just so happen to mention the swine flu in the movie as kind of a joke. SO when was this movie actually finished filming? the only date I could come up with early June. What was that really suppose to be a joke or another Hollywood " WE know what you should know". I am really interested in this one.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join