It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Athens, Museum Is an Olympian Feat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

In Athens, Museum Is an Olympian Feat

www.nytimes.com

Even now, not all Athenians are happy with the building, wedged in as it is among apartment buildings in a middle-class residential district. “It is as if a titanic U.F.O. landed in the neighborhood, obliterating all of its surrounding structures,” said Nikos Dimou, a prominent Greek author.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/b7c42829582a759f.jpg[/atsimg]
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theacropolismuseum.gr
www.necn.com
archive.gulfnews.com

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This has been a long wait for the people of Greece across the world. The significance of the Parthenon is more than an ancient marvel as it incorporates architecture but has been a beacon for democracy and knowledge which altered irreversibly the course of mankind.

You can view a live stream of the event through here:
www.theacropolismuseum.gr...

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
In the event that people are not aware of the significance of such an event and a civilization which spans over 5,000 years old, i have taken the liberty to place a video which hopefully might expand your knowledge just that fraction more.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Very cool! I have always loved museums and this is a beautiful one with amazing artifacts no doubt. If and when I get to Europe I will most definitely have to visit this place.
I remember going to the Smithsonian when I was 12 and I was in awe and instantly loved museums. I love all the knowledge and history found in them. If I lived near a big one like the Smithsonian I would probably be there all the time...hehe Nice post! Thanks for sharing.
The slide show in the first link has some great pics!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I flew in for the opening and i must say it was breathtaking. What left my jaw sweeping the floor, was that the floor you walk on is glass and show's a city which was escavated and left as it was found. Everywhere you look, either left, right, up or down you see history unfolding. To be honest, i would like to re visit as the time was simply not enough.

top topics

join