It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims = the new Jews?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It seems a new wave of anti-Semitism is cresting in Europe - anti-Muslim sentiment.

Middle Easterners look pretty similar to Europeans, being broadly, the same "race" category (if such a thing even exists), but like Jews, Muslims have customs that differ from Europeans, and they wear things that offend some Europeans, so they are a target for hate.

Jews suffered the "shyster" stereotype - Muslims suffer the "terrorist" stereotype.

Like the racial anti-semitism of the 19th and 20th centuries, anti-Islamic sentiment is also strongly racial.

While I do not admire Muslim culture, the people who are Muslim are no different, better, or worse than non-Muslims, and I really wish them the best regardless of what country they're in.

I hope the BNP and similar hate parties don't get into power.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I really get sick of our natural and rational fear of islam being equated to racism.

Islam isn't a race, its a religion. A religion that subjugates women and encourages the killing of unbelievers. Yes a lot of horrible crap has been done in the name of religion but last time I looked my bible never told me to go out and kill those that dont believe in my religion.

new topics

join