It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people/men naturally sexist to women?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
To add to the genital mutilation debate, it's wrong for either side. I don't see how one person can say it's worse for one sex without considering the damage it does to the other.

Considering male mutilation, men can be both proud of their cut, or uncut, selves. It depends on the individual, and is wrong to have such a major thing done to an infant. I believe it should be left up to a person when they reach the age of 18 - although I'd fathom more would rather stay uncut to avoid the pain and trouble of it all.
On the side, if they are cut, they can still have pleasurable sex.

Looking at the female issue, if a woman has her genitals mutilated, that's it. Sex can become painful, and the chances of her gaining any pleasure from it is slim to none. The major reason I hear of tribespeople and whatnot doing it is to prevent women from running around on their men when they're not happy with their sex life - or some bullhockey like that. Subject makes me cringe as a whole; male or female. No infant should be put through that.

Back to the topic at hand with my two cents, sexism is everywhere and happens with everyone.

Men are put down.
Women are put down.
Boo friggen hoo. It's not going to change unless you yourself as an individual is going to work to make it change.
I'm a young woman starting out in college to go play with the big boys in welding. I'm going to have to work for the respect of the guys, and if I don't, who cares? If I'm good at it and enjoy my work, who cares what the opinions of some narrow-minded bulls think of it?

Guys, they have it tough too. I find this debate way too one sided and jaded coming from the women on here - though I'm not entirely siding with the guys on this either. I believe there should be a little more equality, yeah.
One of my experiences involve going into a in-depth discussion of swords and various other weaponry. Out of nowhere, one of the guys looks at me in confusion and says, "Oh... wait... you're a girl. You don't like this stuff." I've also been in other discussions to see some of my male buddies get bashed for talking about "unmanly" things and actually being loving, empathetic beings. With how society as a whole has conditioned us, it's no wonder.

Reminds me of some stupid bit of the news last night where they were discussing how Megan Fox was turning into a sex symbol and what it meant for women everywhere. Bollocks and horseflies.
That only has as much effect in it as society lets it, relating to something Eleanor Roosevelt said.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Cheers,
~Tea

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join