It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Try the Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder OCD Test.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
1 out of 20 first part

0 out of 20 2nd part -

to be honest - this kinda surprised me :-)

I have to agree with those that think these tests can't tell you much - and we shouldn't take them too seriously

but I do think they can hint - at something

Question 2
Are you overconcerned with keeping objects (clothing, shopping, tools) in perfect order, or arranged exactly?

I wish

what's the opposite of OCD? That's got to be just as much of a concern in it's own way

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
what's the opposite of OCD? That's got to be just as much of a concern in it's own way

A very good point to make.

I dont think that you would have to score a zero to be the opposite either.

Whatever it is I have it!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

:-)

I dont think that you would have to score a zero to be the opposite either.

I know two people who have been diagnosed with OCD - which - the subject is huge - and I've always had some problems with the idea of putting people into "problem" categories

but - these people (one in particular) are miserable - it affects their lives to such an extent that they have to acknowledge it and treat it - and treatment has helped them

but - for many of us - I wonder if our real problems aren't just that we fall outside the norm - and so by comparison to what is considered normal we begin to see ourselves as having a problem - when that really isn't the case

expectations sometimes get to decide whether we're good or bad - normal - or freaks

if we buy into those expectations it can make us just as miserable as if we had a clinical problem I think

Whatever it is I have it!

LOL - and see - whatever it is - me too

does it have a name? a pill?

if you were to ask me right now where I keep my hammer - I could probably rattle off 4 possibilities - and there's a chance it MIGHT actually be at one of them

I'll find that damn hammer eventually...

[edit on 6/24/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I scored only a 7/20.
I'm calling BS on this test. Not that Iam willing to label myself, but I know Iam obsessive about certain things.
My home is HIGHLY organized.
In my kitchen, dishes are stacked on the counter beside the dish rack, not in the cupboard. They are organized by what time of day they are used..Bowls first(morning), small plates lunch, and then dinner plates. Even my silverware is on my counter, separated,as I see it silly to hide what I use daily in a cupboard.
My cupboards have cans and boxes of food separated and organized. I never ever would put say cookies in a cupboard with canned vegies, or cereal;.
and my coffee is kept with the filters beside my coffee pot with the sugar bowl.
My clothes must be hung up neatly and sorted by shirts, pants, dresses, and I have dressier clothes hanging separately from casual clothes. I even sort summer clothes from winter.
If I have an odd sock either lost in the wash or wherever, I throw the odd one away..can't have it without a match, and can't have any with holes.
My home must be neat and clean at all times.
No crumbs on the counter, no dust..floors must be swept, and laundry washed on Sundays only.
All my furniture and knick knacks match or have a common theme, as anything else would cause me great anxiety.
So I'm not really obsessive? pfffft.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
10 out of 20, and 7 out of 20.

People call me a neat freak, so I know I have a problem.

I am one of those people that must have towels hung up a certain way, and the lengths must be even.

My closet is color coded, and arranged by sleave length, in seasonal categories.

I won't leave my house without it being spotless. I know this is silly, because nobody is there to see it!

Contrary to a poster above me, I freak out if anything is left out on a counter, especially in the kitchen. I don't have a toaster, or even a salt and pepper shaker around for anybody to see.

Bleach is my best friend!

Rather than me having OCD, some of the things I do, I was taught by by Mom, who was even more meticulous than I am. I used to get smacked around for not having my shoes lined up properly in the closet.

So, I guess what I mean to say is that some OCD situations might be learned behaviors, rather than an illness.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

You scored 2 out of 20 in Part A.
You scored 1 out of 20 in Part B.

Yeah .. I"m good. The germ thing could get me but I've got a good excuse. Leukopenia and autoimmune. So I'm giving myself a pass on that ... common sense to avoid germs with those issues.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You know it is a 2009 thread right?

I miss one question...

Do you participate in online surveys when seeing a link?

- Always (immediately)
- Always (when I arranged the time in my schedule)
- Most of them (immediately)
- Most of them (when I arranged the time in my schedule)
- Sometimes (immediately)
- Sometimes (when I arranged the time in my schedule)
- Rarely (immediately)
- Rarely (when I arranged the time in my schedule)
- Never

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
You know it is a 2009 thread right?

YEP. The old threads are still good. So is the link.
I was bored this afternoon so I went digging in the metaphysical forum.
Came up with some good stuff from the past, like this quiz.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join