It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Try the Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder OCD Test.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The Florida Obsessive-Compulsive Inventory OCD Screening Test.

I know that it is probably obvious to most of us whether or not we suffer from OCD but I find it contradictorily interesting that most of us probably DO suffer from MILD OCD, why not take the test, it only takes a few minutes.

I think that differing levels of OCD are present in most, if not all human kind, is there a point where it becomes something we are suffering from? or is it just individuality?

This screening test is designed as a guide to find out whether you show symptoms similar to those of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
A high score on this questionnaire does not mean you have OCD. Only a trained health-care professional can make this diagnosis.
This test has 20 questions in Part A and 5 questions in Part B and should take about 5 minutes.
It was developed by Professor Wayne Goodman of the University of Florida.

Click here to try the test

If you can spare a few minutes I would be interested to read your reactions.

I also think that there could be a lot more questions, maybe a little more subtle in essence to diagnose OCD because there were a few in the test that were a little obvious if you know what I mean, any ideas?

Not interested either way? then feel free to move on, perhaps go and straighten the curtains or tidy your socks instead.

Regards S_G

Replaced quote tags with 'ex' tags for external content.

Please read Posting work written by others

[edit on 20/6/09 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I had to come take the test 13 times or else something bad might happen.

9 out of 20 in Part A.

11 out of 20 in Part B.

...it appears you may have OCD or a related disorder.

I think I have everything to some degree. I need to take more tests.

Edit: Fix punctuation errors

[edit on 6/20/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
2 on first part, 0 on second. But it is just a test and i might snap any time!!!

Seriously, on-line psychology tests are just as valid as online driving ones.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

Seriously, on-line psychology tests are just as valid as online driving ones.

Yeah I am with you totally on that one, I mean some of the more obvious questions would reveal all sorts of psychological disorders.

I am no psychologist, still, I am sure I could think of lots more subtle and less obvious questions to determine OCD.

Thanks for your input!

Regards S_G

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I scored 10 out of 20 and 7 out of 20.

If David Beckham can line up the cans in his cupboards then so can I !
Well,at least that what I tell my children when they mess them up,seriously though I have only recently (after having a child with autism) realised the quirky behaviour I sometimes have is OCD.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I have panic attacks so I already knew I had a form of OCD, since at one time the fear was so bad I was homebound, however, the test was to vague.

but thanks

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
esults

You scored 7 out of 20 in Part A.
(0 indicates no OCD tendencies, while 20 indicates maximum OCD tendencies.)

You scored 4 out of 20 in Part B.

Based on your score on the screening device, it would appear that you probably do not have OCD. However, only a mental health professional can make an accurate diagnosis and if you are experiencing psychological distress it may be advisable to see a clinician for further evaluation. You may also want to keep in mind that most so-called 'normal' people have some obsessive thoughts and some ritualistic behaviour in their lives. It's only when their obsessions and compulsions start becoming an overwhelming primary focus in a person's life that a person has clinical OCD.

But my DAD has OCD.

He took the test too.

18 out of 20 - Part A
13 out of 20 - Part B

Which motes a question: Is OCD biologically-inherited?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
You scored 14 out of 20 in Part A.

You scored 11 out of 20 in Part B.

Based on the above results, it appears you may have OCD or a related disorder. However, only a qualified mental health provider can make a more accurate diagnosis. If you are experiencing psychological distress it may be advisable to see a clinician for further evaluation.

Yeah, I have it pretty bad.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
You scored 6 out of 20 in Part A.

You scored 6 out of 20 in Part B

Based on the above results, it appears you may have OCD or a related disorder.

It's an interesting test, but way to vague. They could have added more questions, or expanded on some of the ones they have. It also didn't tell me anything i already didn't know.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I scored a 3 out of 20 on A 0 on b, my hubby scored 18 out of 20, 6 out of 20 part b. I do not have OCD, but my hubby does. His thing is not counting or being overly clean, more about obsessing over schedules, and worrying about the house not being safe, fire, ect. It drives me nuts to be honest, I love to camp, but I have not been but once since I met him 12 years ago, it is just too much for him to handle. There is no amount of preparation that leaves him feeling like 'he's got everything covered' in order to do it. It affects our everyday life, and I find myself laughing at times and crying at times over the ordeals he puts us through. None of it seems serious, but, I guess just the fact that it restricts our activities makes it serious. I can't even get him to exercise because he is worried he will pull a muscle or something! He collected baseball cards when he was younger, he has probably in excess of 100000 cards, also cereal boxes and collector baseballs, he gets them out and re-catoregizes them every now and then, it becomes such a strain on his brain, before it is over he is an emotional wreck. I wish those cards were just gone!

edit to add: I forgot to mention that he is just like his Dad, I believe his father is severly OCD, so I have to wonder did he teach his son to be like this incidentaly, or is it inherited?

[edit on 21-6-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I scored a 3 out of 20 on A 0 on b, my hubby scored 18 out of 20, 6 out of 20 part b. I do not have OCD, but my hubby does. His thing is not counting or being overly clean, more about obsessing over schedules, and worrying about the house not being safe, fire, ect. It drives me nuts to be honest, I love to camp, but I have not been but once since I met him 12 years ago, it is just too much for him to handle. There is no amount of preparation that leaves him feeling like 'he's got everything covered' in order to do it. It affects our everyday life, and I find myself laughing at times and crying at times over the ordeals he puts us through. None of it seems serious, but, I guess just the fact that it restricts our activities makes it serious. I can't even get him to exercise because he is worried he will pull a muscle or something! He collected baseball cards when he was younger, he has probably in excess of 100000 cards, also cereal boxes and collector baseballs, he gets them out and re-catoregizes them every now and then, it becomes such a strain on his brain, before it is over he is an emotional wreck. I wish those cards were just gone!

edit to add: I forgot to mention that he is just like his Dad, I believe his father is severly OCD, so I have to wonder did he teach his son to be like this incidentaly, or is it inherited?

[edit on 21-6-2009 by space cadet]

Does it make him depressed and unhappy? It definitely does for me at times, but I have my moments too.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I got 7 out of 20 in part A, and 8 out of 20 in part B.

cool test

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hey,

I dont have OCD

3 in Part A
0 in Part B

Based on your score on the screening device, it would appear that you probably do not have OCD. However, only a mental health professional can make an accurate diagnosis and if you are experiencing psychological distress it may be advisable to see a clinician for further evaluation. You may also want to keep in mind that most so-called 'normal' people have some obsessive thoughts and some ritualistic behaviour in their lives. It's only when their obsessions and compulsions start becoming an overwhelming primary focus in a person's life that a person has clinical OCD.

Few...

Love&Light

Jacob

EDIT - Edit to fix tidyness. Haha

[edit on 21/6/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You scored 8 out of 20 in Part A.
You scored 4 out of 20 in Part B.

Based on your score on the screening device, it would appear that you probably do not have OCD.

Interesting test, thanks for posting it! I do agree though that it is a little vague and definitely could use more questions.

Zetetic_of_Truth

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
More ploys to diagnose people with something so that they can sell us more medication and slowly induce these kinds of medication to be accepted by our youth. The medical field, particularly the psychiatry field, is running out of sicknesses to sell to the masses.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
More ploys to diagnose people with something so that they can sell us more medication and slowly induce these kinds of medication to be accepted by our youth. The medical field, particularly the psychiatry field, is running out of sicknesses to sell to the masses.

No no ... OCD is a very real disease. I struggle every day with it.

But some people are misdiagnosed or incorrectly self-diagnose themselves ... if you like cleaning, it does NOT mean you have OCD! If you clean and hate it and do it because you feel you have to to protect your family, that's OCD!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

He is generally an upbeat and active kind of guy, however he has his days of feeling like something is very wrong or impending doom, and it makes him angry for no real reason. He is a gentle person who barely raises his voice, but on these days he battles back and forth with being angry, and then feeling bad about anything he may say or do while in this state. He never really does anything that I would consider even being close to 'going to far', but I think he thinks he does.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Perhaps I shouldn't put words into LeTan's mouth, but what I got out of his post was not that he is saying OCD or other psychological problems aren't real, but that a lot of people are told they have these sorts of problems and they don't, really. A few years ago I worked in a psychiatric ward, and I saw people with things like bipolar, depression, schizophrenia, and so on. Many obviously had some sort of disorder, but there were others where I am quite sure the proper diagnosis was not 'bipolar' but 'A-hole', because the only thing wrong with some of them was that they were selfcentered jerks who just liked to cause trouble.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
You scored 2 out of 20 in Part A.
You scored 0 out of 20 in Part B.

I know that I do not have OCD.

My best friend in school had OCD and it was not easy to understand his behaviour. We were in a boarding school and many nights he woke me up to be a witness that he locked his cupboard or the bedroom door. When I slept over at his house, he also woke me up in the middle of the night, then we must go outside to the horse stables and again I must witness that the padlock on the stable door was locked.

This was basically happening every night!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

you probably do not have ....

Good thread.

Some of the questions were silly. OF COURSE I check to make sure I don't have an illness. If I'm not feeling well I'll take my temperature. OF COURSE I'm concerned about catching something so I'm careful to wash my hands after going to the mall or the grocery store ... etc ....

Those are common sense things ... not OCD things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join