It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monster on List of Endangered Species...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Those zany Swedes have outdone Al Gore in the Chicken Little junk science eco-scare department: They've put a non-existent monster on their list of endangered species.

Read Full Story: Story

That�s a first monster�s on endangered species lists�

Interesting story...

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
If those monster are real, then they are probably rare and DO need our protection...
Look at what I posted to � Cryptozoology and Mythical Beasts � The Secrets of Nessie:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
At the website mentioned, it goes on about the Okapi, the Giraffe relative that isa assembled as haphazardly as the platypus, which the yhave only found out EXISTED a few years abo, when the locals had said for nearly 100 years that it was around. Now, if it is rare, this species will be out on the list soon, or already has...

If this monster is on the list, night as well keep it there ... it will give that animal the needed protection, if it is true. If the animal is bogus, then we have a bogus animal on the list...
It hurts no one, that I can see:

the NOVA editorial that I pulled the info form for the Giraffe prlative from:
www.pbs.org...

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Thanks jlc163

Nice post and link, interesting.

I�m a believer�

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
not much different then the USA having a law against making contact with aliens from another planet and at the same time no such thing exists. I mean atleast with this beast they don't say it doesn't exist, did they? I'm really to lazy to read the whole article

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The USA have a law against making contact with aliens?

Please explain...

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
There is the extraterrestrial contact law, which was passed before the moon trip, which said anyone having contact with anything extraterrestrial could be quarantined for 6 months or something like that. Google it.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I hate to pop the ET law bubble, but

The "Extraterrestrial Exposure" law was removed from the CFR in 1991, NASA having determined that it had "served its purpose" and was "no longer in keeping with current policy," and is no longer in force.

source: Snopes.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

ya I know.... I was counting on no one actually checking on it.... Also the fact that it was for our protection from the potential dangers that might be brought back from returning astronauts might as well be said, not to prevent or punish people from making contact with the flying saucer that landed in their back yard might as well be made. Basicly it was if an someone came back from space contaminated and refused quarintine there was a law to do something.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero_snaz

ya I know.... I was counting on no one actually checking on it.... .

Well, then, let this be a lesson fer ya!

Never underestimate the amount of time some people have to surf. (like me. Work's boring.)

aod

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hahahahaha !

I�m from Sweden and I haven�t heard about this blunder.
I�m a little a shamed of being swedisch right now

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I reckon its a travesty. If this guy reckons he can find its eggs, I say let himgofor it. A breeding programme might help to save the poor beasts, and the tourism he could generate could go tofund durther conservation efforts, such as protecting their natural habitat.

top topics

join