It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange dream that is bothering me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
A brief history that ties into this dream:

I was raised by my grandparents, who are both still alive, thankfully. My grandfather has always played a major roll in my life. I played baseball for a long time. He was the coach of my baseball team for a few years, and taught me everything I know about the sport.

The Dream:

I was driving with my girlfriend to go to see my grandfather at the baseball field. We arrived at a dirt parking lot. We exited and began walking towards the field, which I did not recognize. I was wearing exactly the clothes I actually own, as was my girlfriend. I have a hat that has the Boston Red Sox logo that says 2007 American League Champions...I was wearing that as well. I said to my girlfriend, "Remember, we can't let them know we're from the future". I zipped up my jacket, and took off my hat. I remember that I did not want to seem out of place. We came to a dirt field, and beyond that was the baseball field which a game was beginning. I would guess the players to be around 10 years of age. My grandfather was practicing, pitching to a child in the dirt area. I said hello to him, but I stayed at the edge. There was a wooden chair next to my grandfather that I did not recognize, but caught my attention. He started pitching to the boy. My girlfriend grabbed a glove and began trying to field the hit ball. I used my hat instead. After a few rounds, I said, "Ok, we have to go". I walked away from the area and began to cry. My girlfriend ran to my side, and that's where it ended. At least that's all I can recall.

If anyone could give me there interpretation I would greatly appreciate it.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by KEMIK]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
First of all, your a Redsox fan which makes you evil. That being said maybe it was just your subconcious missing the days when you were at your most exciting/endearing learning curve with Grandpa? Maybe those days on the field when you were 10ish were magical times for you.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LexTalionis
First of all, your a Redsox fan which makes you evil.

Damn you.

That being said maybe it was just your subconcious missing the days when you were at your most exciting/endearing learning curve with Grandpa? Maybe those days on the field when you were 10ish were magical times for you.

I can see your point. I was just hoping it didn't mean my time was greatly limited with him.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
No, please don't think of your dream as a bad omen.

The dream is concerning you and not your grandfather even though he is a major player in the dream.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KEMIK
The Dream:
I was wearing exactly the clothes I actually own, as was my girlfriend.

As opposed to what, clothes that were not your own?

There was a wooden chair next to my grandfather that I did not recognize, but caught my attention.

Perhaps the wooden chair symbolizes that you (now) realize(d) in the dream (or even subconsciously in the waking world) that you notice(d) something that you never had before. Perhaps something has caught your eye in the waking world, no?

He started pitching to the boy. After a few rounds, I said, "Okay, we have to go". I walked away from the area and began to cry. My girlfriend ran to my side, and that's where it ended.

Seems like to me that whether you realized it in your dream or not, you could be the boy. You notice how things have changed, you grew up, ect and you long for how things used to be. Now, you may not realize it, but you may have some hidden feelings in regards to jealousy, like someone taking your place or something to that effect (even in an unrelated event)?

Another thing, it could mean that you long to spend more time with your Grandfather, or that the quality you had been spending does not match to that as it used to.

Though, I'd need to know more about the dream and about your or your Grandfather to go any further.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

I think your dream is simply allowing you a different perspective on things. The crying may just symbolize the passion you hold for Grandpa and baseball. The field being one you do not recognize is why I think you were seeing things from a different perspective. The chair as well. It sounds like your grandpa loved teaching you the game and maybe wanted you to see it from his perspective. Maybe he does not have much time left and was connecting with you on this special level before he passes. How is his health? How has your communication with him been recently?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Is there any modern feelings of wishing you could go back and do something differently?

It could be also indicitive of a prophetic dream. Where as you interpret the logic in your mind through dream state. Meaning maybe people really are from the future here and working on a timeline of some kind?

Movies have been made about this..

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Firstly I want to thank all of you who have replied.

Here's the odd thing...which has just happened, after the dream. My Grandmother (my Grandfather in the dream's wife) was admitted to the hospital with a severe large intestinal infection. Her health is failing.

I'll try to cover all of the questions posted. The relationship with my Grandfather is great, and always was. No matter what the problem was, he is there, no questions asked. His health has always been an issue since his triple bypass in 1984. He has had 3 heart attacks. As far as the clothes I was wearing? I just found it odd that I was completely aware of my clothing. I do not recall a dream where I was totally aware of my attire. The chair, I'm lost.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack

Another thing, it could mean that you long to spend more time with your Grandfather, or that the quality you had been spending does not match to that as it used to.

That strikes a cord.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by evo80
reply to post by KEMIK

I think your dream is simply allowing you a different perspective on things. The crying may just symbolize the passion you hold for Grandpa and baseball. The field being one you do not recognize is why I think you were seeing things from a different perspective. The chair as well.

I can see your point. It is difficult to see him as an "old man".

top topics

join