It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic Influence in the Truth Movement

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

Exactly my goodman, exactly! Keep up the good work.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Great Day

Originally posted by Imago Dei

Originally posted by The Great Day

Originally posted by Imago Dei
I see this images like this when I read some of these posts.

www.truthbook.com...

www.propheticrevelation.com...

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Imago Dei]

i know the second picture is based on Genesis 3:15 but what does the first one depict?

Use your imagination which is what I had to do with your pic. Still havent figured it out yet. Nor do I care too.

Ok...Is it a picture of Jesus casting a person to Hell because he is not a member of the Westboro Church?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining
A few nights ago my mums friend was discussing a speech for the theosophy society. I told my mum that Theosophy is luciferian. She called me "Narrow Minded" "Black and White" "Dogmatic" (,I consider those things to be compliments but she meant them as being bad).

She kept shaking her head and saying "your a worry" simply because I refused to play along and say that a Luciferian orginization, which inspired Hitler is a positive contributer to our community.

She mentioned steiner schools as being good. This reminded me about a night around a camp fire in which we ended up wih three different poeple who had all been to Steiner schools. Each one of them only gave facts and details about corruption and scandals, including Cult Idolitary, Internal Politics, Several teachers having nervous breakdowns, and half of an entire school quiting/escaping in one week.

But the strange thing is that they all simultaneously defended the "Ideals" of the school, professing that it was ultimatly "Good", even though all their memories and evidence pointed to it being completely twisted and destructive.

Seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear. They are simply willfully ignorant.

When I was 11, 31 years ago, I came home from a Christian Camp my mum had sent me too to get rid of me during the school holidays. On my return, filled with joy and excitement I told her I had become a Christian, she said "oh good you can do the dishes then, thats what christians do!"

Don't expect your family to hang on every word you say. In fact, if they arent Christians, they may very well hate everything you have to say. But don't let that discourage you from your faith, ever! It may be better to remain silent for a time, regarding the things of the Lord. They know who and what you are now, just try to live it in front of them, that's the hardest thing of all to do.

You will find in future they might even begin to ask you for your opinion. We are given 70 years to live for a reason, sometimes things take a very long time, particulary where family are concerned, keep praying for them and never lose faith and hope. We serve an awesome God who answers prayer and changes lives, starting with ours. Without Christ we can do nothing, with Christ we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. But remember the hardest place to be a christian is at home. And harder still, when no one is watching.

God bless you brother.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Imago Dei]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Imago Dei

Do you think that someone cant know if they have been making humbleness a practice in their life?

Do you really think someone can take the smallest dose of morphine given...and be on it for 2 years....and this be the entire cause of 9 hours of visions....there is no such case.

I have never told anyone that my faith is based on my mothers NDE and I have never said that others should base their faith on this. You are good at twisting things. I have also never said that its impossible that our minds create things when our bodies are near death. The logical mind doesnt leave me just because in my opinion she saw real things. So please dont display me as someone pushing a nde as fact for faith.

I am not sticking up for anyone....but I will stand up to everyone that feels the need to belittle others. Yes, I will judge the character of someone that feels the need to call people names.

For what it is worth Jesus most likely was ticked at the temple because of the selling of animals for sacrafices. You dont have to agree...I am only giving my thoughts back on what was said.

And yes, there is complete understanding for someone sticking up for their beliefs and to respond to someone that has a different belief...its called sharing wisdom's. But some do this out of pride also, that they hold truth and someone else does not. There are ways for all of us to share our faiths and beliefs with out our ego speaking for us. My issue is with your name calling and saying things like people 'crying' for a moderator.....or these 'loosers'...

Its more like people expecting others to act maturely. Your points are well noted Imago....but mabey we can cut out the insults to others. That was my point to respond to you, again....is to show your need to insult others. Surely you can stick up for the Bible you believe in and the God you believe in without insults to others....is and was my point.

There is no reason for me to speak of hope I bring to you....for I know its not for you.

A share a belief with many others and that is God is not wanting us to fear Thee. The hope is that we are loved and are worthy. Hope that the fearful God in the OT is not the true Father. It disagrees with what you believe...but you will not ever find me calling you a liar, looser or telling you that your belief is pathetic. Im actually trying to help your character...since you claim to come with truth about God and Jesus...surely you can do that is a kind way.

But heck....if you feel the need to insult others that dont believe what you do...then by all means, follow your heart.

Peace
LV

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I hope you understand how lovely it is to hear from you Imago Dei, I live in a jaded athiestic psuedo-science wacky world and just recieving communication from a beleiver with love and discernment is a precious thing for me.

That is why I say I liked to hear stan monteiths voice, it is like an oasis in the desert.

Recently I was moved to do some charity work for the YMCA and was able to connect with beleivers in such a energizing and wonderfully loving way. I thank God for the love he shares which is like no other worldly love. The lord is my refuge, and I couldn't last a day without it.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

We fear our God because he is not an impotent God, but an all powerful God.

I am reminded of a little Girl that I met through the YMCA one day called Tessa (9). We were at the pools only for the one day but we struck an intense bond immediatly. Tessa knowing that we only had a few hours together and that there was so much fun to be had was litterally shaking and letting out a constant lowpitched giggle with anticipation. It was one of the most beautiful things I have wittnessed.

Having this little Girl approach me in this manner I found to be one of the most gratifying experiences of my life.

I am always reminded of that mental picture when I think of the fear we should have for our God. Approaching him with fear and trembling because we know we are so much smaller than he, and we know that wonderful awesome and powerful things are going to happen when we approach him.I can only approach my Father in Heaven with the same trembling and anticipation as that little Girl has inspired me to do. The word in the Maori language is Ihi.

The Bible talks of a Peace that surpaseth understanding, this is the Peace of God. It is not known to people who does not know God. It is the same with The Love of God And The Fear of God. Fear is indeed a destructive thing on this earth. If you do not Fear God you will most likely Fear man. I guarantee you however that if you Fear God you will not Fear man.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

I have never told anyone that my faith is based on my mothers NDE and I have never said that others should base their faith on this. You are good at twisting things. I have also never said that its impossible that our minds create things when our bodies are near death. The logical mind doesnt leave me just because in my opinion she saw real things. So please dont display me as someone pushing a nde as fact for faith.

I am not sticking up for anyone....but I will stand up to everyone that feels the need to belittle others. Yes, I will judge the character of someone that feels the need to call people names.

For what it is worth Jesus most likely was ticked at the temple because of the selling of animals for sacrafices. You dont have to agree...I am only giving my thoughts back on what was said.

And yes, there is complete understanding for someone sticking up for their beliefs and to respond to someone that has a different belief...its called sharing wisdom's. But some do this out of pride also, that they hold truth and someone else does not. There are ways for all of us to share our faiths and beliefs with out our ego speaking for us. My issue is with your name calling and saying things like people 'crying' for a moderator.....or these 'loosers'...

Its more like people expecting others to act maturely. Your points are well noted Imago....but mabey we can cut out the insults to others. That was my point to respond to you, again....is to show your need to insult others. Surely you can stick up for the Bible you believe in and the God you believe in without insults to others....is and was my point.

There is no reason for me to speak of hope I bring to you....for I know its not for you.

A share a belief with many others and that is God is not wanting us to fear Thee. The hope is that we are loved and are worthy. Hope that the fearful God in the OT is not the true Father. It disagrees with what you believe...but you will not ever find me calling you a liar, looser or telling you that your belief is pathetic. Im actually trying to help your character...since you claim to come with truth about God and Jesus...surely you can do that is a kind way.

But heck....if you feel the need to insult others that dont believe what you do...then by all means, follow your heart.

Peace
LV

Your message of hope isn't for me? Well mine is for everyone.

If you find where I have insulted some one who hasnt insulted me or been condesending and self righhtouse to me first I will humbly appologise to you.

If you cant, then I expect an appology from you.

Theres is a big difference between insulting someone and beating them at their own game, so I dont agree with you. Im not the sort of person that insults people for the mere sake of insulting them.

I have retracted some of the things I said in this post, because they where a little harsh. I have since been reading through this thread and seen sone other claringly obvious mistruths you have been stating about Jesus's teachings. I will be comenting on these latter, with my opinions and wisdom on the matter. I will now be sticking to the facts from here on in, I will avoid any manner of returning insults to anyone, and we will soon see, what happens.

I think it would be intersting to now why you have rejected biblical christianity in favour of another doctrine, and I am interested to know why you have come to belive these things and what teachings you have learned these from, now I dont accept your personal experience to be a suitable answer for this, because you are making some serious statements about the teachings of Christ, which I know for a fact are not the teachings of Christ at all, and these teachings are definately not coming out of you imagination. They align very closely with the mystery school gnostic teachings. Have you been influenced by this movement at all?

Aslo you refer to God as Thee, why is that? Is this something you have come up with by yourself. You also say God doenst have a name, and yet you call him Thee, why is this? Do you not see why some one could call this a contradiction?

May I aslo ask what your view is of biblical scripture, because this is fundamental to any meaningful discussion going forward? If in fact it actually possible to have a meanigful dicussion that is.

The reason I ask this, is many people reject the bible as the word of God, and yet they quote srcipture and re-interpret and misinterpret the meaning of scripture. Frankly I wont enter into a debate with people like this, becuase thay cant have their cake and eat it. I will however refute anything they say if they attempt to do this where scripture is concerned.

I am all for freedom of belief, and freedom of speech, however I get very annoyed when people mess with the word of God.

I will give you an example, lets say a scholar of the works of shakespeare was debating wth some one has merely skimmed the works, would it not be easy for him to see the error and correct him. Yes, however when it comes to the bible, people think they can make up their own interpretations and meanings, they then accuse the person who knows the meanings of being a fundamental Christian or using Chruch dogma and so on and so forth even anti- christ and satanic. This makes any meaningful discusion and reason impossible. When things go this far, it is then quite reasonable to state that the person who is doing this is a liar and an agent of disinformation, in which case the person who is coming to this conslusion is then accused as being insulting and immature etc etc etc.

This Christian is getting a little tried of this childish behaviour and has resorted to mockery at times. I will try not do this in future and will let the word of God speak for its self in future. I dont want to win an arguement and lose a soul, It is my prayer that people will see the truth and receive salvation, That is all. I also belive some people come to places like this seeking the truth. One would hope that it may be found here. But I thank God that it can be found most everywhere.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I hope you understand how lovely it is to hear from you Imago Dei, I live in a jaded athiestic psuedo-science wacky world and just recieving communication from a beleiver with love and discernment is a precious thing for me.

That is why I say I liked to hear stan monteiths voice, it is like an oasis in the desert.

Recently I was moved to do some charity work for the YMCA and was able to connect with beleivers in such a energizing and wonderfully loving way. I thank God for the love he shares which is like no other worldly love. The lord is my refuge, and I couldn't last a day without it.

Awesome, it's encoiuraging to hear you say that.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
My parents are both originally from England.
I live in Hamilton.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

If you do not Fear God you will most likely Fear man. I guarantee you however that if you Fear God you will not Fear man.

It is all this talk of fear that I find off-putting.

I do not fear my God. I love him.
I do not fear man. I mostly avoid him.
If you have to approach your God and your salvation with fear and trembling, then you must know a different God than I know. And I'd rather not know yours.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

Psalm 111

10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Fear in those passages does not mean fear in the way you are presenting. It means awe, reverence, respect and so forth. Which is quite a bit different than "Fear" as we see it meaning today.

If you fear in such a way, then you are merely a slave to those fears, and that is not of the father. Because to find the father is not a bad or fearful thing, quite the opposite. If you find the father, he will fill your treasures with wisdom and understanding(proverbs 8).

It's not about acceptance because of fear, but understanding, wisdom and respect. This is why I say Christianity is Satanic and a manipulation. It is not of Jesus or the father, it has nothing for them.

As the Psalm verse says, when you have understanding then you do what others have said is impossible. You follow the commandments. Not because of fear, and not because you don't want to go to "hell", but because you actually understand why they are there, why they are good, and what their purpose is. You won't need the bible to tell you these things, because you will understand them directly.

What Christians do to the father is most disrespectful. It's the same kind of treatment people show their bosses at work as "respect". They do not realize what they imply when they do those things, or when they say certain things about him.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaisyAnne

If you do not Fear God you will most likely Fear man. I guarantee you however that if you Fear God you will not Fear man.

It is all this talk of fear that I find off-putting.

I do not fear my God. I love him.
I do not fear man. I mostly avoid him.
If you have to approach your God and your salvation with fear and trembling, then you must know a different God than I know. And I'd rather not know yours.

Hypothetically speaking if there is such a thing as absolute truth, would you rather hold on to a perception of truth (which may not be true at all) or would you rather know the absolute truth? Assuming there is such a thing of course?

For example, lets say there is a God, lets say we have broken his laws and lets say the punishment for doing so is eternal death, would His righteous judgement not be something to fear? (and by rightous judgment, I mean "you do the crime, you do the time" which is an accepted part of human society)

However lets say that God because of His love for us, has paid the penalty for our sins and through admiting guilt and receiving forgiveness one is then free to serve and love that God in gratitude with no fear. Ie you do the crime, but you dont do the time. (nor do you continue doing crimes against God of course)

Some here have done the crime, and stopped doing the crime and claim that just because they have stopped doing the crime, they dont have to do the time for all previous crime.

This is not accepted in the human judicial system, nor is it accepted the in the biblical of God's judicial system, although some here clearly state that it is. I'm not saying you are saying this, some are, would it not be then fair to say that people who are saying such things are not telling the truth and are at best perhaps experiencing and demontsrating a form of wishful thinking and or a preception of truth, that isn't even close to THE truth? They then make claims that to not believe this is anti truth, and anti God, and anti Christ. I find that to be quite concerning.

However, if I there was a lawyer like that who could get me of scott free, I would hire him, however it would be a waste of money, because the judge would simply tell him to stop babbling, hold him in contempt of court and throw me into jail.

Who and what is your God? I'm interested. Also how do you know him and how did you meet him and how did you come to believe in him and why?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Mat 15:1 Then there come to Jesus from Jerusalem Pharisees and scribes, saying,

Mat 15:2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.

Mat 15:3 And he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition?

Mat 15:4 For God said, Honor thy father and thy mother: and, He that speaketh evil of father or mother, let him die the death.

Mat 15:5 But ye say, whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, That wherewith thou mightest have been profited by me is given [to God];

Mat 15:6 he shall not honor his father. And ye have made void the word of God because of your tradition.

Mat 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,

Mat 15:8 This people honoreth me with their lips; But their heart is far from me.

Mat 15:9 But in vain do they worship me, Teaching [as their] doctrines the precepts of men.

Mat 15:10 And he called to him the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:

Mat 15:11 Not that which entereth into the mouth defileth the man; but that which proceedeth out of the mouth, this defileth the man.

Mat 15:12 Then came the disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, when they heard this saying?

Mat 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant which my heavenly Father planted not, shall be rooted up.

Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they are blind guides. And if the blind guide the blind, both shall fall into a pit.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Imago Dei, thank you for taking the time to discuss things with me. I find that a lot of people just clam up when I try to discuss their religion with them. I appreciate that you haven't done that.

Your response was logical and measured. However, I have a problem with the idea that a blood sacrifice was needed to cleanse the world of sin. And I'm sad to note that Christianity hasn't got much to do with the teachings of Christ, and instead seems to morbidly focus on his horrifying death. What sort of God requires a blood sacrifice? And how can any of us be washed clean in blood? Instead of washed clean, I'd say that mankind was horribly tainted by torturing and killing a divine being made flesh. Every time that I think of it, I become so incredibly sad and sickened.

Now, if people are comfortable with the idea that a blood sacrifice of a divine being was necessary, then fine. But I say to them, I do not want to know your God. If people are comfortable with the God of the Old Testament with all the genocide and infanticide and burying alive that went on under his orders, then again, I say to them that I don't want to know their God, and I don't think that this is the Loving Father that Christ was referring to. No Loving Father would require torture and death.

As far as the Bible goes, as a student of comparative religion and mythology, I have my own educated theories on the origins of some of those stories. But I don't want to derail this thread with yet another pointless Bible origins debate that will just consist of lots of heated name calling. Those debates never seem to go anywhere, which is a shame.

I thank you now a second time for being interested in my God. He has many names, and I love him:

Ningishzidda
Anubis
Hermes
Mercury
Gabriel

I would happily tell you my story, but I'm afraid that I would be pulling the thread way off topic if I did.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Gabriel is an angel, Gods angels do not even want to be worshipped they want to direct the glory to God, or else they are simply not Gods angels, they are fallen angels.

Anyway you are opposing the very first commandment.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Imago Dei, thank you for taking the time to discuss things with me. I find that a lot of people just clam up when I try to discuss their religion with them. I appreciate that you haven't done that.

Your response was logical and measured. However, I have a problem with the idea that a blood sacrifice was needed to cleanse the world of sin. And I'm sad to note that Christianity hasn't got much to do with the teachings of Christ, and instead seems to morbidly focus on his horrifying death. What sort of God requires a blood sacrifice? And how can any of us be washed clean in blood? Instead of washed clean, I'd say that mankind was horribly tainted by torturing and killing a divine being made flesh. Every time that I think of it, I become so incredibly sad and sickened.

Now, if people are comfortable with the idea that a blood sacrifice of a divine being was necessary, then fine. But I say to them, I do not want to know your God. If people are comfortable with the God of the Old Testament with all the genocide and infanticide and burying alive that went on under his orders, then again, I say to them that I don't want to know their God, and I don't think that this is the Loving Father that Christ was referring to. No Loving Father would require torture and death.

As far as the Bible goes, as a student of comparative religion and mythology, I have my own educated theories on the origins of some of those stories. But I don't want to derail this thread with yet another pointless Bible origins debate that will just consist of lots of heated name calling. Those debates never seem to go anywhere, which is a shame.

I thank you now a second time for being interested in my God. He has many names, and I love him:

Ningishzidda
Anubis
Hermes
Mercury
Gabriel

I would happily tell you my story, but I'm afraid that I would be pulling the thread way off topic if I did.

Your welcome, I appreciate your measured approach aswell thank you. I too have thrown my bible accross the room in dismay when I have read of Gods dealings with some people in the old testament. After all we read that he wiped all but one family and two of every creature with a flood and stated that it was a mistake that he had put man upon the earth, He regretted it and said as much.

Let us for the purposes of debate keep the word "christian faith, and church" out of the equation, purely on the basis that these words have been tainted and watered down by all manner of wickedness to mean so many things that they are not. For arguements sake, can we discuss the topic purley from an examination of what the scripture has to say.

Is that okay? Im assuming it is so I will continue.

Now let us say again hypothetically speaking that the bible IE the 66 books in the old and new testament are in actual fact the words of our creator, would it be then worthy of our attention to perhaps look into exactly why some of these horrendouse things happened, and maybe even find a suitable explaination as to why?

Because like you, I do not wish to worship a God who is not a loving God. However I do wish to worship a God who is just fair as well as loving.

Perhaps you can give me an example of a particular section of the old testament or new, that you may have an interest in discussing. I may be able to assist you to gain some wisdom and understanding. If so send a particulra passge of scripture, if I can satisfy you with an answer, perhaps we can continue. I believe it is my resonsibilty to be abel to share and explain the reasons for the joy and hope I have in the salvation of my God and if I can not do this, then I shall be ashamed.

I am not setting my self up here as the font of all knowledge on all things scripture, however some of the restling and study and prayer I have done over the past 20 plus years, may and I say may, be of value and interest to you?

Sufffice it so say, in order to have a meangiful discussion going forward perhaps we can agree at the outset that Gods ways are not our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts, however with that said, all genuine inquiries to our God, any God if He exists at all, surely must have a valid answer, a truthful answer, and an answer that we might understand and be able to trust with our very lives and hearts, and if there be such a thing as an afterlife, surley He can be trusted to provide us with safe passage into this life aswell.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Gabriel is an angel,

No. If you would only do a little reading, go a little further back, you'd see that wasn't always the case.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Imago, can I U2U you?
We could continue our conversation there, if you like?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Imago, can I U2U you?
We could continue our conversation there, if you like?

Yes sure, go ahead. Please do.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
I agree with the OP in all but this: Bill Deagle is in my mind without doubt among the deceivers you describe. I wasn’t 30 minutes into listening to some of his video’s when he compared Yahshua to a bowel movement. That’s all I needed to hear. I had listened to his radio show on and off for some time and thought I had discerned intentional confusion, but that brought it all home.

I would recommend that everyone read Blavatsky. Once you are familiar with the type of confusion being sown, you will recognize it wherever you see it.

My recommendation for the truth is Dr. Stan Montieth.

www.radioliberty.com...

Thankyou Resistor I have only listened to Dr Deagle for a short time but I am fast moving towards your position that Dr Deagle is a deceiver. Here are some of the errors I have found listening to Dr Deagle for a short while.

1. He promotes Green Lipped Muscle Powder and Mountain Red Deer Velvet. The First is made from shellfish, the Latter is made from blood. These are both forbidden by the Law of Moses, and he is promoting them.

2. He swears occasionally, or gives allusion to swears.

3. The one time I heard him quote the Bible, He was quoting from the NIV.

4. He said that it is impossible to get any of his products cheaper anywhere else, but I found that the product "Better Than Greens" was much cheaper on Amazon. So he just plain lied in that regard.

So he is certainly not blameless. But you don't know were he is at in his Christian walk, or where he has been, or his present situation.

William Schneobelen seems to be strong in his faith, but he took a long time to get there, because of his past, and because of the situation he was in even when he wanted to live for the Lord.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join