It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic Influence in the Truth Movement

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Life (non physical) is in the blood (Physical); there is something very metaphysical about blood.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh [is] in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it [is] the blood [that] maketh an atonement for the soul.

Leviticus 17:14 For [it is] the life of all flesh; the blood of it [is] for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh [is] the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

Deuteronomy 12:23 Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood [is] the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh.

Deuteronomy 32:14 "blood of the grape."

Wine also seems to have Metaphysical properties.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by StopComplaining]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Plus this is an anthropomorphic argument, under what circumstances would you ever expect a fleshly man to be able to dictate what a Spiritual Almighty God should be, and then guess correctly.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

I do not deny the belief of the salvation of the blood of Christ.

Peace as always,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Good.

Do you think we should have images of christ?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Do I believe we should have imagies of Christ? Wow, I wear a beautiful cross around my neck with scripture in it. Not to remember the terrible death Christ suffered, but to remind me daily to carry my cross and the celebration of His resurrection.

As you see I so have an avatar of the picture of Christ. But Is it right? The law says no. At this time in my faith walk, I do not believe I am doing something very wrong with my image of Christ for my avatar.

Peace as always,
Grandma

PS For your personal info, you should know that "Leo-Virgo" is my daughter.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma

I wear a beautiful cross around my neck with scripture in it. Not to remember the terrible death Christ suffered, but to remind me daily to carry my cross and the celebration of His resurrection.

Jesus promises us that the holy spirit will bring scripture into rememberance, why not just let him remind you?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining

Life (non physical) is in the blood (Physical); there is something very metaphysical about blood.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh [is] in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it [is] the blood [that] maketh an atonement for the soul.

Leviticus 17:14 For [it is] the life of all flesh; the blood of it [is] for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh [is] the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

Deuteronomy 12:23 Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood [is] the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh.

Deuteronomy 32:14 "blood of the grape."

Wine also seems to have Metaphysical properties.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by StopComplaining]

Which shows why men misunderstood and killed for the power in the blood. They werent doing this because God told them to....they misunderstood the Spiritual Law and sowed bad seeds by killing for their sins.

The Most High needs nothing of Earthly value. Blood is still Earthly value. The life in the blood returns to its origins no matter what. The blood and our bodies are the vessels while we learn how to transfigure and detach from this world of flesh.

Jesus was tied into these sacrafices and became their final killing for God. Just because God fearing men acted in such ways does not make it so that God wanted this.

If one believes God needs Earthly things, this is a marker that they are not ready to transcend flesh. So it still serves a purpose in the big picture.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining

Plus this is an anthropomorphic argument, under what circumstances would you ever expect a fleshly man to be able to dictate what a Spiritual Almighty God should be, and then guess correctly.

As experiences evolve, after we hit our bottom many times, we will see what is of Spirit and what is of flesh. God gaves us discernment for a reason, as well as logical and cognitive thinking. Yes, one can understand God and it can happen with out a book.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

God did not want them to kill their animals, but he did not want them to sin either. The spilling of blood was made as a provision for the atonement of sin.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I met Jesus and was transformed with very little understanding of the Bible, but the transformation led to me wanting to know as much as possible about it, having a relatoinship with God will always lead you to reading his word.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
[more

Yes, it is true the Holy Spirit will bring Scripture to us daily and of course we read God's Word when we do our devotions. His Word is ever before a believer.

However the LORD also instructed the Jew's to wear the Word of God in a small box attached either to their forehead or upon their wrist. Having Holy Scripture around my neck brings me peace as well as reverance for the Father's Word.

Peace as always,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

The spilling of blood is needed by an Earthly ruler, dictator.

The Spirit needs nothing but your honest thoughts and humbled heart. If you choose to believe that God would one day tell us to not kill and then change its mind the next...by all means, continue on.

I also have some very precious moments with the Spirit, oddly enough, I was shown places in the Bible that mislead what the true image of God and the Holy Spirit and Jesus are.

I guess that is why nothing is ever for sure between people, we all seem to learn different things and claim it is or must be of God.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

I am aware of the custom, but I were does the LORD say that?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

1Corinthians 14:33 For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Well do you beleive that verse?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

They are called "tefillin" (mentioned in the Torah as "totafos", and often seen in English translations as "frontlets"). They contain parchments with verses from the Torah. During the weekday morning service, one of the boxes (the "Hand t'filluh") is placed upon the left arm so that it rests against the heart, and the suspended leather strap is wound around the left hand, and around the middle finger of that hand. The other box (the "Head t'filluh") is placed upon the head, above the forehead, so as to rest upon the cerebrum. This is in fulfillment of the Torah commandments. If you go to a traditional shul and lack tefillin, you can be sure that someone will lend you his and assist you in fulfilling this mitzvah. Note that the actual commandment is to wear them anytime, all the time. That is, anytime a day for a moment to fullfill the obligation, and all the time to fullfill the non-obligatory commandment. The rabbis forbade wearing them at nightime (except under very specific circumstances) so they must be worn during the day only. Traditionally, we consider wearing them for prayers important, though that should not be confused with the actual commandment. Hence, their primary use during services. The two boxes each contain four sections of the Torah inscribed on parchment. These passages cite: 1. The Shema (Deuteronomy 6:4-9) - pronouncing the Unity of The One G-d. 2. Vehayah (Deuteronomy 11:13-21) - expressing G-d's assurance to us of reward that will follow our observance of the Torah's precepts, and warning of retribution for disobedience to them. 3. Kadesh (Exodus 13:1-10) - the duty of the Jewish people to always remember the redemption from Egyptian bondage. 4. Vehayah (Exodus 13:11-6) - the obligation of every Jew to inform his children on these matters.

I hope this information helps answer your questions.

Peace as always,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Hey, I am so sorry I did not leave a link where I found the info about the scripture boxes. I am still new at all this copy and paste stuff.

I googled "Jewish Scripture Boxes" and it was the first bit of information that came up.

Sorr,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

If there is confusion....if there is anything.....it is a part of the way. Nothing is mistake, people are obviously confused and dont agree....there is a reason for this, that belongs to the higher purpose of all things. What you see or I see as confusion will somehow work in with the understanding.

Look at the many who believe things with all of their being...but disagree with other people.

If there wasnt confusion....we wouldnt have to discern. If there wasnt confusion, we would all agree.

I suppose you think Satan is who is the author of confusion? And that God allows Satan to do this to us? Correct me if I assumed wrong...just trying to carry the discussion.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

2Th 2:9 [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
en2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

You need to really recieve a love of the truth, seeking out stone cold hard truths that convict you of sin, and of the fallen nature of our world, rather than fluffy kind words that tickle your ears.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

The fact of reaping what I sow and the fact that I have to carry my own cross is not fluffy kind words.

I choose to discern things...you choose to follow and accept. What I discoverd is that there is no easy way, we are to step up and own up. Relgions keep trying to soften the truth of reaping what we sow and have created scape goats that are actually creating more negative karma for souls.

If you believe blood had to be spilled, the blood is just as such on your hands.

Your words would mean more if they came from the spirit within you...instead of repetitive words from a book that another man wrote that you never met. Before you accept the entire book you must discern many many things.

You await supernatural intervention. I believe we are that vessal for the intervention. We are to do better things!

I dont follow words because they are nice and sound good. I found it very hard to swallow what I was shown even though it all made sense.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I do choose to follow and accept. I follow and accept Jesus. I also prayed to God for discernment, he has opened my eyes and pulled me out of many deceptions.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join