It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General motors - A model for stupidity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
So if you were looking at how to not to run a successful company I suppose GM would be a good place to start.

General Motors (GM) was founded in September of 1908. On June 1, 2009, at 8 a.m. -- almost 101 years later -- it ceased to exist.

To help other companies avoid GM's fate, it's worth exploring the five reasons that GM failed:

1. Bad financial policies. (You might be surprised to learn that GM has been bankrupt since 2006 and has avoided a filing for years thanks to the graces of the banks and bondholders.)

2. Uncompetitive vehicles. (GM's cars were poorly designed and built, took too long to manufacture at costs that were too high)

3. Ignoring competition. (Toyota and its peers took over ... share.)

4. Failure to innovate. (Since GM was focused on profiting from finance, it did not really care that much about building better vehicles)

5. GM managers got promoted by toeing the CEO's line and ignoring external changes. (Asskissing)

www.dailyfinance.com...

Let's see what lessons we can learn from morons:
1) Avoid denial of reality
2) Don't sell crap
3) Always look over your shoulder at what is comming up from behind.
4) Don't get lazy
5) I hate asskissers. Ego maniac whores who are starving for attention love them though. Catch 22.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
good article,,,,

i just read this,,i forget where but,,,,,,check it out

who bankrupted gm by investigative journalist christopher bollyn

same big players and such,,,, this guy connects a lot of names and puts the whole story together,,, and if true is quite sickening

www.bollyn.com...

join