It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom is an illusion - You could die at any moment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Here's the reality of your situation.

Forces bigger and badder than you exist in the world and they can easily squash you like a bug anytime. Bad people do bad things. The people who lead you are egotistical, greedy, self serving liers. The people who want to lead you are even worse.

You have never been free. Freedom passed you in the night and you missed it. You will die, we all will die. Death is inevitable. Bad people will manipulate you to satisfy thier existance and thier needs at your exspense. You are a puppet that is manipulated for thier entertainment and benifit.

You have left no legacy, your life was meaningless. It was brief and served no worthwhile purpose.

Goodbye and good riddance.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

What if I am part of the group of people that can squash the rest like a bug? Then is my life meaningful?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

What if I am part of the group of people that can squash the rest like a bug? Then is my life meaningful?

Dunno, do you feel powerful?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

I know my life has had a positive influence on the ones I love. I see how my actions and thoughts bring them joy and happiness...if thats all I have when I leave this world... then that was enough for me.

To know Ive helped people in need, to have received the unconditional love of my children, and I love unconditionally... what more could you want out of life?

I know how you feel and you felt strongly enough about it to author a thread to speak your mind... but there are good people out there too... people who care.

Life does have a very dark and cruel side, but instead of dwelling on it or feeding it... its up to each on of us to make a difference.. to extend our own hands to those in need and to take care of each other.

So to you I extend my hand in friendship and brotherhood... this is not just some cliche'... hippy, tree hugging rhetoric... I mean it. The evil men and women in this world will be judged for their actions as we are responsible for our own...

I choose love over hate... peace over war.... optimism over pessimism... and I choose to make what positive difference I can in every life I touch and you can too.. I can't think of a more meaningful reason to have lived... can you?

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Alter-Ego]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Evil man die. Good man die. Life is ultimate terminal illness. There can be no ultimate freedom since we have mortal bodies that need air/water/food/comfort/warmth/company/new playstation/.../../ But you are free to draw a line, if you want to be free from not needed material stuff. The fact that there are a lot of forces (natural and people-made) that can "squash" you or me does not mean that we are not free. Choices are made by us. Consequences are also ours.
However if you want to feel what are the extremes of borders of freedom of Human societies - live for a while in Scandinavian coutnries and then for a while in No. Korea. It would show you the real scale of things.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
You will die, we all will die. Death is inevitable.
[edit on 20-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

N

O

P

E

top topics

join