It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Religion Surfers' look for God on the Web

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

'Religion Surfers' look for God on the Web

www.orlandosentinel.com

An estimated 2 million people a day look for God on Google.

Seeking spiritual guidance through search engines is so popular these days that a legion of online missionaries is being assembled in Orlando to answer the cyber-prayers.

Global Media Outreach — a ministry of Orlando-based Campus Crusade for Christ International — has formed a partnership with Northland, A Church Distributed, in Longwood to recruit and train 5,000 online missionaries by 2010.

"We are overwhelmed. We don't have enough online missionaries to handle what we are getting now — which is a wonderful problem,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It doesn’t surprise me with such Chaos and uncertainty around us that people are searching for answers from God.

Approximately 2 million a people a day are searching the internet for God. That’s a lot of soul searching.

It was also reported that after the Fall of Lehman brothers, when the DOW dropped 777 points church attendance was at all time high.

777 is God’s number and sent shock waves through the communities and across the globe.

I believe it is a sign that the book of Revelation is being opened and the seals are becoming more clear.

Why the increase in those in search of God? 2012? NWO? Global economic meltdown? Wars? Or all of the above?

www.orlandosentinel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Just my luck, I'm modding for ATS when I should be modding for God.

The exploitation level of this is incredible.

Today's religion has failed to fulfill the needs of the people, who turn to a cold keyboard and monitor in search of the truth. Any truth, beyond the lies they have grown up with.

I may just bring back my "Sunday mornings with Reverend Wupy" podcasts.

People are looking for God. I see no reason why I can't arrange some healthy guidance.

I just need to go set up one of those Paypal accounts.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It's obviously through panic setting in.
Proof religion feeds off fear.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It's not just Christians. All kinds of people are trying to better understand God by using the internet nowadays.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Hey that's pretty impressive 2 millions hits a day huh?

Ask Jeeves gets 20 million hits a day!

Tarot dot com gets 11 million hits a day!

Is miss Cleo still in jail gets more than 2 million hits a day!

Sorry G-d there just is no impressive return advertising with you...consider discounting your package some more and get back to me would you...next...

Now serving number 666...what do you have for me big guy?...hey those are impressive numbers...

The Occult 12 million hits a day!

[edit on 20/6/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

[edit on 20/6/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I have to admit that I have used the internet looking for information on spiritual matters, but not to look for The Divine itself. Regretfully, most people only turn to 'God' when times are bad, thus giving religion the 'fear weapon'. I'm kinda the opposite. I tend to increase my spiritual journey when times are good, and put it on the back burner when times are tough and I must focus on the material world.

As for "Sunday mornings with Reverend Wupy", sign me up!!!!

Hmm, Mod for God... I wonder what the penalty would be for a

post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Shame they will be on a wild goose chase.
Why doesn't god go straight to them or more importantly why doesn't god intervene directly with the madmen of the world to tell them to disarm nukes and stop killing.
The only times I hear of god speaking to someone is either from a strange wide eyed creepy person who doesn't provide evidence and already a firm believer anyway that adds nothing to the argument or a psychopath who slaughters a few people and claims god told them to do it.

It's all cryptic messages, hypocrisy and contradictions poured into scared people who fear the unknown.
Surely an almighty god should be reaching out and helping those that need him/her/it the most and provide us all with concrete proof of existence.

Wherever religion is involved, money, control, scandal and war aren't far behind.

My 2 pennies worth.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I have an online radio station that would love you to do a show on this topic. PM me inf you are interested.

new topics

top topics

join