It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter - Will we finally see the Moon Base?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You'd think that they would have more than enough information as to landing sites from prior missions. I guess every mission has to have a recon element.....

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
UPDATE

A little late as ArMaP already posted one.. but want to keep the press releases 'on file' as it were for time stamp

LRO's First Moon Images

July 2 - LRO has transmitted its first images since reaching the moon on June 23. The spacecraft's two cameras, collectively known as the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera, or LROC, were activated June 30. The cameras are working well and have returned images of a region in the lunar highlands south of Mare Nubium (Sea of Clouds).

As the moon rotates beneath LRO, LROC gradually will build up photographic maps of the lunar surface.

lro.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Well I don't begrudge them looking to see if its safe to land at the south pole

Maybe they will show us there are no UFO's, no bases, no Aliens and we can all turn off ATS and go outside again...

But until that happens

[edit on 2-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Wonder if they can take a look at the infamous "apollo 20 spaceship" zone, near the Izsak crater, on the farside.... I know that a higher resolution of the old nasa pic of the "spaceship" had been produced, and showed nothing but rocks, but you never know... the lower res pic was fascinating.

Note:
I'm talking about the NASA images from www.lpi.usra.edu... , not the fake video by that "retiredafb" utube user. I've lost the links but there are awesome pictures of it, plus the very high res one, posted months after the whole thing started, just to close it.

Intresting to note that images of "the ship" may also be contained in the "Lost lro tapes" from that mcdonald... can i suggest to the LOIRP team to serch them on the right "pizza", before others?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystr
Wonder if they can take a look at the infamous "apollo 20 spaceship" zone, near the Izsak crater, on the farside....

You can send them a request... but you need a valid scientific reason. Looking for a spaceship would not work

As to the LO Tapes... yes that area should be in one of the images... You would have to check the Lunar Orbiter image map to see and that will give you a number. Then we can find that image

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Wonder if they can take a look at the infamous "apollo 20 spaceship" zone, near the Izsak crater, on the farside.... I know that a higher resolution of the old nasa pic of the "spaceship" had been produced, and showed nothing but rocks, but you never know... the lower res pic was fascinating.

I don't know about you guys? But I expect a NASA Bulls**tfest like no other! All those eager artist with there copy of photoshop and clone brush at the ready!
It all makes wonder why they even bother? we all know that NASA are liars and by extension the American government too. SO why would they wanna change this perception!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE All those eager artist with there copy of photoshop and clone brush at the ready!

Like these artists?

Sorry your wrong... they didn't use photoshop

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
I don't know about you guys? But I expect a NASA Bulls**tfest like no other! All those eager artist with there copy of photoshop and clone brush at the ready!
It all makes wonder why they even bother? we all know that NASA are liars and by extension the American government too. SO why would they wanna change this perception!

GOD's illumination/direct lightning strike on their heads?

But the most i hope is Microsoft malfunction

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
NASA Holds Briefing to Release Restored Apollo 11 Moonwalk Video

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Not Moon bases, but they have published images from five of the six landing sites of the Apollo missions.

LRO Sees Apollo Landing Sites

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Apollo 14

[img]
[/img]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
So NASA says its a spacecraft and all the little Skeptic run and create a page that says "See" Its not a rock, its proof..." and now they tell me "Oh yeah but this" Yuppers its a SPACECRAFT"

But when Zorgon says "Its an artifact on Eros, and Zorgon's picture is much better resolution than NASA's, those same skeptics say "Its just a rock"

Funny how the Lemmings operate isn't it?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Totally ridiculous.

Those people have definitively disqualified themselves.

"The LROC team anxiously awaited each image," said LROC principal investigator Mark Robinson of Arizona State University. (quote from nasa)

who it dares to call that s_hit "images"?

An ordinary keyhole satellite was able to read a news paper from earth's orbit already in the 70's or before...

So we must assume that they spend BILLIONS of (your) dollars to throw TOYS in moon's orbit...

Who's their primary contractor for that stuff? MATTEL?

[edit on 18-7-2009 by mystr]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

who it dares to call that s_hit "images"?
What would you call them, sounds?

I have seen many people saying that satellites can show newspaper's letters or the text on a pack of cigarettes, but I have never seen any photo that was good enough for us to read something like a licence plate, much less a newspaper.

And these are not the best images they can get, these are some of the first, taken at a higher altitude than what will be used on the primary phase (or whatever they call it), at that altitude (and probably with the camera better adjusted) photos will be much better.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
What would you call them, sounds?

I have seen many people saying that satellites can show newspaper's letters or the text on a pack of cigarettes, but I have never seen any photo that was good enough for us to read something like a licence plate, much less a newspaper.

And these are not the best images they can get, these are some of the first, taken at a higher altitude than what will be used on the primary phase (or whatever they call it), at that altitude (and probably with the camera better adjusted) photos will be much better.

Whatever they are, they're anyway s***y ones....

Even google earth's satellite is capable to take good snaphots of a car from earth orbit... then we should assume that google has much resources than nasa??

Haven't they already the complete moon surface scanned by CLEMENTINE? where are the photos?

Come on...

We have to wait until google will send their own satellite to the moon!

[edit on 18-7-2009 by mystr]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mystr

The photos on Google Earth which show cars (and my house) are aerial photographs taken from airplanes. No airplanes on the Moon.

[edit on 7/18/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Even google earth's satellite is capable to take good snaphots of a car from earth orbit... then we should assume that google has much resources than nasa??
Google uses comercial satellites and aerial photos, but when LRO reaches it's working orbit it will be able to take photos with a similar (or better) resolution than those seen on Google Earth.

Haven't they already the complete moon surface scanned by CLEMENTINE? where are the photos?
I don't know what you are talking about (is Google going to use Clementine photos, like NASA Worldwind has done for a long time?), but they have been here since, at the most, 2004.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The photos on Google Earth which show cars (and my house) are aerial photographs taken from airplanes. No airplanes on the Moon.

[edit on 7/18/2009 by Phage]

I see my house and my car too, but this is the first time i hear of airplanes, i always believed google images were only from satellites, where did you get the information? Anyway satellites DO HAVE the capability to see cars!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mystr

With Google Earth, your computer becomes a window to anywhere on the planet, allowing you to view high-resolution aerial and satellite imagery, elevation terrain, road and street labels, business listings, and more. Learn more here.
earth.google.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
they have been here since, at the most, 2004.

Obiouvsly i was talking about nasa, for clementine, not google... regarding clementine, the images provided were always in low resolution.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mystr

The images on that link I posted are full resolution images (the IMG files, not the JPEG files), and some are multi-channel images with 4 or 5 channels, one for each filter used.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join