It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter - Will we finally see the Moon Base?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Delays? Was there a previous release date?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
No I am just impatient

UPDATE

LRO Enters Orbit Around the Moon

June 23 - After a successful insertion rocket burn on the morning of June 23, the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter's orbit was established shortly before 6:30 a.m. EDT.

Rocket burns initiated by controllers at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md., have helped the moon capture LRO, which arrived after a five-day journey.

Now LRO begins its primary mission of mapping the lunar surface to find future landing sites and searching for resources that would make possible a permanent human presence on the moon.

Over the next several days, LRO's instruments will be turned on and its final orbit around the moon will be reached.

NASA Press Release
lunar.gsfc.nasa.gov...

LRO Webcast

LRO\LCROSS launch 06 18 09

Visualization of LRO's Orbit Insertion

NASAS YOUTUBE CHANNEL

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
UPDATE

First CLEAR Images from the live flyby

Captured by watchZEITGEISTnow

UFOs LIVE - NASA video 23 June 09 Lunar Flyby LCROSS
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
UPDATE

LRO Enters Orbit Around the Moon

June 23 - After a successful insertion rocket burn on the morning of June 23, the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter's orbit was established shortly before 6:30 a.m. EDT.

Rocket burns initiated by controllers at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md., have helped the moon capture LRO, which arrived after a five-day journey.

Now LRO begins its primary mission of mapping the lunar surface to find future landing sites and searching for resources that would make possible a permanent human presence on the moon.

Over the next several days, LRO's instruments will be turned on and its final orbit around the moon will be reached.

Nasa Press Release
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

G'day zorgon,I felt the utube video wasn't very clear and is a video of a video so I thought I would find a better clearer video original even maybe.
Well I found a clearer version but still it's a video of the streaming event?
No raw coverage.It's got to get better than this

LCROSS lunar swingby video stream coverage ended at 6:20 a.m PDT (2:20 p.m. GMT) on June 23, 2009. Video Footage of Swingby

Zelong.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

It was at least bigger, I saw it during my lunch break, this time I was the one with luck with the time zones.

Too bad it wasn't something more spectacular, but it's better than nothing.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

Thanks
My 'clear' comment was being fastidious

That flyby tough, kinda reminds me of this scene...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
UPDATE

Geting closer....

The Lunar Orbit Insertion Burn

June 26 - At 8:25 a.m. EDT on June 26, LRO executed the Lunar Orbit Insertion (LOI) Burn No. 4. The 10-minute burn placed LRO in a 200 km circular polar orbit. Now in this low circular polar orbit, operations will begin to resemble the nominal mission with ground station passes coming and going on a regular frequency as the spacecraft passes behind the moon each orbit.

lro.gsfc.nasa.gov...

NOTE: The links provided with these news alerts change daily so you would have to look at the archives for previous releases. There is no other way to make a perma link to the source. But as they are public press releases I see no problem here

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
NASA watch ATS and are worried ATS knows more than them - to save face they have to do something.

Perhaps bombing the moon sets up a nice little false flag alien invasion?

Why are we letting a public sector do that without all the worlds peoples consent?

Whoever presses that button should be held responsible. And then sent to the Zetas for extensive internal probing - for a very long time.

wZn

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hovernator

Yeah now I wonder why they want to bomb the moon? To hide all the evidence of any alien life on the moon or what has been done on the moon because hey Japan has HD cameras on a sattlelite and it s orbiting the moon.

Wow!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
UPDATE

LRO continues to perform flawlessly

June 29 - A series of activities have been completed which have put LRO in lunar nadir pointing mode. The solar array is now tracking the sun and the spacecraft is flying with the +Z axis (instrument boresight direction) looking down at the lunar surface. Now we can begin performing the High Gain Antenna and Gyro calibrations.

LRO initiated LOI-5 which was a 230.8 second burn (36 m/s) on Saturday. This placed LRO in a 31x199km 90.2 degree inclination polar orbit. The rocket burns initiated by controllers at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md., have helped the moon capture LRO into orbit, which arrived after a five-day journey.

LRO begins its primary mission of mapping the lunar surface to find future landing sites and searching for resources that would make possible a permanent human presence on the moon.

lro.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Okay so its July 01 and nothing new...

And everyone has forgotten to go play with Moon Bombs and Crop Circles

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I suppose if there are alien structures on the moon why would NASA be sending probes too the moon? Wouldn't it be better for them to hide a lie is not to send any probes at all?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

There are other reasons... SELENE is one

No its not what you think... wait for it... coming soon to a thread near you

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Zorgon,
I hope you don't mind me putting this here if you do I'm sorry but I didn't want to start a thread just to say this.

I was just watching Fox News and they were showing and talking about Moon rocks.

As the screen was changing there was a fast flash on the screen and what I saw kind of surprised me.. It said:

NASA spent two months faking pictures of the Moon

Did anyone else catch this? WHY, would that be seen?????

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Really?
Capture it? or maybe someone did and will put it on youtube..

I have been seeing a change at FOX... they were 'Public Enemy No1" to us before but now they are changing their tune... Need to keep an eye on them

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The first test images were made and posted, you can see them here.

I am already imagining people saying that these photos are not good enough, that their pocket cameras are better, etc., etc. while not realising that most people are not even able to distinguish a satellite photo from a photo taken some centimetres from the ground.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Fox News...talking about Moon rocks.

...there was a fast flash on the screen...... It said:

NASA spent two months faking pictures of the Moon

If you can get a capture of that, I wonder if the 'f' in that sentence is really a 't'???

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

those are horrible... seems they are all misaligned...

my hassleblad can do much better... someone get me a spaceship

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I tried to upload part of the image to the useless ATS Media Portal, but it thinks that a 2532x2164, 2.29Mb pixels PNG image is too big...

I will have to use a real image hosting site...

Here it is, a crop of the original image, with some light levels adjustments (with loss of data). Please see it in its original size.

The original image (although not the whole image has visible information) is a 2532x53248 file. The resolution is 73 cm/pixel.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Misaligned? Which one, the "wac000000d2"?

If that is the one you are talking about then it is made by several stripes, one for each of the seven wavelengths used, like CRISM images (at least I think it is CRISM that uses the same system).

Edit to say that apparently, on this photo only five filters were used.

[edit on 2/7/2009 by ArMaP]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join