It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiding bad news in plain sight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Governments around the world love using the cover of world events, and major news stories to release unpalatable information. Sometimes this info is even released shortly before the suitable event takes place. One shocking example that springs to mind is Cheney and the missing 2.3 trillion dollars announced the day before 9/11. It's a simple distraction strategy that's so good, I'll bet even now and even here on ATS some people have never heard about this hole in The Pentagon's finances.

Anyway, it got me thinking.

In the last few days one half of the UK population has been preoccupied with Banksy, and the Big Brother show; while the other half has been distracted by events in Iran and the MPs expenses scandal. Because of this situation and these events I figured some bad news was about to be divulged here in the UK.

Alistair Darling (Chancellor of the Exchequer for our US friends) announced on Wednesday that there is no need for a root and branch reform of the banking system, as had been promised. He doesn't believe that the deregulation of the UK banking industry which really began under Thatcher was in anyway responsible for the current economic crisis. He therefore sees no need for 'fundamental reform'. He still feels that the banking industry should police itself. On a normal news day this would have been in the headlines, but it barely got a mention on TV.

news.bbc.co.uk...

But there's more. Mervyn King, Governor of The Bank of England disagreed with Darling and instead believes The Bank needs more powers...yes more powers not less. And again this barely got any coverage at all.

news.bbc.co.uk...

So despite the economic meltdown thanks to irresponible and corrupt bankers, the government has decided reform is not necessary as the industry can be trusted to regulate itself. Not only that, The B of E wants more powers, and they'll get them too.

Anyway, I'm interested to know what sneaky little piece of bad news your government has announced while all eyes have been watching Iran.

(Apologies Mods if this is a duplication or in the wrong place, I'm a noob and I did search before posting)

[edit on 19-6-2009 by sharps]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If I figured out a trillion dollar secret that resulted in the deaths of thousands I'd keep my mouth shut. imo...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sharps

Anyway, I'm interested to know what sneaky little piece of bad news your government has announced while all eyes have been watching Iran.

(Apologies Mods if this is a duplication or in the wrong place, I'm a noob and I did search before posting)

[edit on 19-6-2009 by sharps]

Well one of the politicians Ron Paul said that the FED (Federal Reserve)
is in full dictatership
and also Well Glenn Beck has called for a second Revolution

NOT LIKE ANY AMERICANS WERE ACTUALLY LISTENING OR CARE
oh yeah and President Obama (Berry) has also LIED in our faces saying that this new Health care is NOT government ran which it OBVIOUSLY WILL BE..........

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Oh, we care, kind sir. We care, indeed.

The simple fact of the matter is: In a free market economy, there might be fluctuations when it comes to our economic system, but if left in the hands of the people, unfettered by government interference, the public will control the economy. That's just the way it works. The last time the Gov had its hands this deep in the public pocket we had... what was that thing called... Oh yes, the Great Depression. The banking industry SHOULD police itself. If it was being ALLOWED to, none of this would be an issue right now.

The quickest way out of a depression is war. It stimulates the economy, unfortunately, it relocates the population (for soldiers, cost of living is greatly reduced as they're probably sitting in a mudhole or some cheap hotel we've captured), increases spending, creates jobs, companies, and product, while giving the nation a singular task to fixate on.

When hiding the truth out in plain sight, it's been a practice of millions over the course of human history. Do keep in mind that we, as a people, don't have our eyes closed all the time. A distraction is nice, but when it comes down to it, our eye is almost always watching the money. When you're watching that, you can see most of what is hidden.

It's Barry, by the way, not Berry. And he hasn't lied to us. He stated a simple truth. Our healthcare system will not be run by the feds. Truth. He forgot to add a single word, though. "Yet." It's a setup for government run healthcare. The framework is there.

And I apologize for reanimating an old thread, but I was marked as 'foe' by the OP and figured I'd give him a few things to think about.

new topics

top topics

join