It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little alien love.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I did watch it much later, probably saw it last year sometime.

Funny, I don't recall anything about the movie at all. I was just mezmerized by the octopus guy lol. Like I've known him my whole life.

OMG now I have an imaginary octopus boyfriend..woohoo.

I will sleep better

LMAO

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

In my opinion the Alien's would be welcome to come down and do as they please. Of course I haven't been in a position where I have had to decide upon how attractive an Alien is, I think romance would be on the cards. It's one of those things: If you're desperate enough you'll do virtually anything; and if Aliens came along and offered to rescue us from whatever peril we might be in, I'm sure no one but the suicidal would turn their backs. Turn their backs metaphorically I mean!

Ramadwarf on desperation

Oh and uh, Lovecraft's 'Cthulhu' is one of the greatest monsters createed. However to make love to something a mile in height? Only if I were two...

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Ramadwarf Philes]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I'm not sure, but I'm hoping that these other more advanced civilizations would be above all that...you know?

That would be somewhat of a turnoff for me. As a guy I have an innate feeling of taking care of a woman, just ike in the old days, "Stay here in this cave honey where you are safe, go talk and socialize with the other women and think of us men while we're out there killing stuff for food to feed ourselves". I imagine there's nothing better than coming home in a damp dark cave with food to eat at the fireplace with the love of my life. Or in these times coming home after doing business and paying the bills. Really, only the cave has evolved in comparison.

But if I were to date an alien and she'd be all nice to me, up until the point she confesses she's from outer space and if I wanted to go to her place which is a spaceship. I would feel seriously worthless with nothing but my love to share while she has a spaceship, probably a much deeper understanding of the universe, basically she would be the hunter AND have a cave while I'm left feeling like a primitive boytoy. Still I'd probably ditch my ego and go with her anyway

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

What does it matter whether the Alien female has more than you? You might like feeling a bit, uh, small. Hoo, I know I do.

Ramadwarf on manliness

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Ramadwarf Philes]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Ramadwarf has a point many guys may find that they actually like taking the 'lesser role." not saying you will though...

Personally I really don't know which role I'd prefer. I'm not a dominant meathead but I'm not one who would be content feeling small and insignificant either...

and on as a note, why is it assumed that the entirety of an alien race would be super smart geniuses? Sure, as a race and civilization, they would be far more advanced, but, hey, maybe they have regular average Joes and Janes like us. Hell, they may even have idiots in their numbers, who knows?

[edit on 7/13/09 by Redajin]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

Jacqueline Susann wrote a book about this called Yargo. It think it was in the 70's. I read it years ago, and it was pretty good. If I remember correctly, she said he looked like Yul Brynner. Nice!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
OMG, a thought! What if the alien turns out to be Yivo!

theinfosphere.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Redajin

Forming a relationship with Yivo would be difficult but not impossible. I'm guessing that you have to put up with feeling insignificant though!

Hopefully in real life he would inform us of his intentions before doing his stuff!

EDIT: What am I talking about? It wasn't difficult at all. Well, for the cartoon characters at least.

Ramadwarf on personal preferences

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Ramadwarf Philes]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

Personally, I don't know how I'd feel about having a genticle jammed into the back of my neck
, but I guess it wouldn't matter afterwards.

And everyone did seem to like it.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Redajin

Yeah, they worried about nothing! I'd prefer the Alien to be smaller though- maybe seven feet tall. Still, I say this now but I don't know what these Aliens'll look like so I'll decide when the time comes. If it comes in my lifetime- which I sincerely hope it does!

Ramadwarf on hope

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
My god(lessness)! It would be very embarrassing if an ET happens to be reading this thread...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Redajin

They might not laugh at us- they might think that it's a pretty good idea and decide to come on down and make the proposal. I reckon that- seeing as how they will be a different species -no one would be rejected for being 'ugly' or physically imperfect. That's a point actually: a lot of people that have to put up with being lonely might be made happy by an alien companion. This could also work the other way around as well.

Ramadwarf on the last glimmer of hope for his happiness

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So this isn't the thread for serious xenophiles?
At this rate, I'll never get his slick black tongue again.
If you can't tell, I'm pretty open to the idea of a relationship with a Grey. Maybe I'm just weird.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by inomztietuseoe

Yes, You are weird. But so is everyone else, so don't feel bad. It is really quite normal to be weird, or... something. I don't know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join