It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France considering ban on burqas, spokesman says

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Wow! Pat Condell has some pretty strong opinions on this!

If you're not familiar with Pat Condell, he hates all religions so he's not picking on Muslims any more than he picks on Jews, Christians, or any other religion. And he's also a comedian so he's trying to be somewhat funny, but I get the idea he's somewhat serious too:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Good video, he really nails the situation on the head. The burqa really is an insult to western culture. It says I defy you and your beliefs. It says, I do not respect anything about you.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Good. These ugly things should be banned. These muslim people oppress women and the burqa is just a tool for that. I GUARANTEE you a lot of these women dont wanna wear that crap, but their EVIL husbands and evil religion force them to. Women are beautiful and should be treated as beautiful people, not oppressed.

These women have no choice to wear them or not, If they dont wear them their husbands will probably beat them.

BAN these things!!!!

I just looked up pictures of burqas and these things are totally wrong, these scum should not force their women to wear these things.

And I'm not just picking on muslims btw. I dont like any religion, but muslims piss me off the most.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

However, if those women want to wear them, then go right ahead!

I usually agree with your thinking Tezzjaw, however I think the burka is a little different since it totally conceals your identity. The fear isn't really about bank heists or so on, like you would get if you tried to wear a bike helmet or balaclava inside a bank. But there is a good amount of fraud going on using these burkas. Times when it is neccessary to validate someones identity these things shouldn't be worn.

Some women wear these things out of choice, some are coerced, the number of coerced isn't really significant enough to justify them being banned. But stopping fraud and national security concerns in my opinion is reason enough to ban these things. Hell, if you're not allowed to wear a crucifix to work, why should you be allowed a burka?

I'm under no illusions that freedom of choice to not wear these things is a bad excuse for banning them, but if people want to seriously practice their religions to every extreme, such as wearing burkas for the ladies, and long ceremonial knives for the men, they should do that in their own country.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Lazyninja]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join