It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the soldiers who protect America bad?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
If you people think that American soldiers are so bad think about this.

Soldiers come from all walks of life and from all different education levels.

some famous veterans you might know

so these people that are from both sides of the political spectrum are all bad people.

Why dont we also have threads about all of the other peopel that are all bad:
teachers
police
government employees in general
lawyers
judges
news people (read:disinfo agents)
global elitist (read:rich people)
poor people who dont work
dumb peopel
lazy people
pretty woman (read: gold diggers)

You could go on and on.

remember that the majority of soldier could have chosen to be dirt bags but they do not.

and they are willing to be the big stick at the end of democracy.

Just think about this world would be like with out any armies. Yeah it would be peaceful. Just look at all the peace the communists enjoyed.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Are soldiers who protect America bad?
No, definitely not !!!

Are soldiers that bomb invade, torture foreigners that are not, and never have been the slightest threat to America, are just DUMB VICTIMS.

Since when was Iraq a threat to the American homeland?
What is this threat exactly ?

What is the purpose of the illegal invasion of Iraq ?
What is the objective ?
Where is the moral right for this ?

Sorry guys, but America will go down in history with Imperial Japan, and Nazi Germany as war criminals and losers.

America has committed crimes against international law, against common justice, and against God's laws.

That has nothing at all to do with PROTECTING AMERICA.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

On the whole, they are neither bad, nor good. They serve their function, and they serve it well. Individually, it's a different story. As with any population there's the good, and the bad. There are those that want to survive their time in service. Those that want to advance as fast as possible, and it doesn't matter who they step on to do it. Those that go on power trips with no regard for those around them. And, there are those that just don't care.

For every person that would jump on a grenade, there are just as many that would push someone else onto it, and more that would simply run. Bang the drum all you like, but the truth is that individually they are not all heroes.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Welcome to my ignore list....

On topic, I don't understand why it's so hard to understand that the only noble reason to fight is when the army is defending the country.

And NO, invading Iraq and Afg. was not defending your country. I applaud the americans who have the courage to face the truth.
Others playing internet tough guys and advocating violence against opposite views are welcomed to my ignore list.

TheTilde
If you think that we people won't fight when you try to invade our country, you are seriously mistaken.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
As for American military personnel, statistically I would bet that the per-capita rates for many crimes, such as statutory rape or embezzlement, among the military is much lower than for many other groups like public school teachers or elected officials. In fact, most congressmen routinely get away with extramarital affairs and sexual relations with subordinates, that would get a military serviceman a court martial.

The US military is all volunteer, of the very highest character, and studies have shown that the average member of our armed forces has a much higher IQ than the general public, of which some of you seem to be a part of.

The original poster (in their apparent ignorance) asked if American soldiers are "bad"? Soldiers are members of the US Army. Members of the US Navy are sailors (or sometimes aviators), members of the Marine Corp are Marines, members of the Air Force are Airmen, members of the Coast Guard are Guardsmen, etc. So technically, your question only seeks to denigrate members of the US Army.

I personally know lots of current and retired Army, including my father, cousins that served in Vietnam, an uncle that was a POW in WWII, close friends that fought in Grenada, a co-worker that fought in both gulf wars, and one glorious-but-deceased doughboy grandfather that fought for the Frenchies in the Great Patriotic War. All volunteers, and all of them fought for the freedom of people they never knew.

None of these individuals were "bad". Based on how bravely they fought and served, one might consider them "bad-@ss". But definitely not bad.

You should be ashamed for even asking the question.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
They DO NOT WORK PROTECTING AMERICA!
They are owned by the Globalist through the military industrial complex to use against POOR people to steal their resources and to protect these Criminal, Murderous, Treasonous liars.
They are body guards of the Illuminati and they will eventually be used against the American People
GET IT OUT OF YOUR HEAD...THEY DO NOT WORK FOR PROTECTING AMERICA...Because AMERICA NO LONGER EXISTS!!
So STOP THE FAIRY TALES!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I would just ask one of these American war heroes, what is the purpose of the war ?

How, and what has it saved America from exactly ?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Often times I find that people against the troops are more concerned with how these latest wars started than with the current mission the military is on.

For example, in Iraq today the government is doing well and the US is getting ready to reduce the amount of troops in that country. What people seem to forget is that for the military the mission changed. The way I see things is that if we broke it we need to fix it. I think the worst thing we could have done is to break their government and then leave.

The saying "win the hearts and minds" is widely known and has been bashed quite a bit. People will post and article and sarcastically say this is how we win the hearts and minds of people. What they don't see is the changes to the Rules of Engagement or the changes to how soldiers are trained.

They don't agree with the US initially did and they are stuck on that. There is so much that they don't know and it's hard to explain the situation in a short simple manner.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I am a Veteran. From a time when men were honorable or they were not allowed to be members of the United States Armed Forces.

The majority of scum serving now will turn on the American citizen in an instant.

They even eat themselves. Just tonight I read where two Army enlisted men murdered, cut up, and tried to burn the remains of a female Army Officer. And before you jump up and say they are innocent until proven guilty, go tell that to a murdered Iraqi.

Sh_t in a uniform does not a soldier make.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Tour18]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Silver Shadow,

You ask what is the purpose of the war? Which war in particular?

Every major military conflict the US has fought in the past 100 years, with the exception of the Gulf wars, was initiated by a Democrat president with the support of a Democrat congress. WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam took the lives of over half a million Americans, yet none of these conflicts were fought on the lands within the borders of the US states at the time. And many of those that lost their lives in these conflicts were draftees.

You wail emotionally the question "What is the purpose of the war?". All of the military currently serving in Iraq and Afghanistan are volunteers, and when they signed up or re-upped, both wars were already going. If you want an honest answer to your question, you might start by asking it to any of the thousands of US military currently serving in the area of combat. They would be happy to give you an honest answer, but I'd doubt it would agree with your naive leftist sentiments.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tour18
I am a Veteran. From a time when men were honorable or they were not allowed to be members of the United States Armed Forces.

The majority of scum serving now will turn on the American citizen in an instant.

And that is very likely to be the next stage in this little drama.

Obama will declare martial law to protect Americans from each other.

When helicopter gun ships are firing on Americans in supermarket parking lots, then you will know how the military are "saving America".

When FEMA or a SWAT team capture you at gun point, and march you off to a prison camp.
The guy that connects the wires up to you, will be a true patriot and American war hero "carrying out orders".

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The problem isn't bad soldiers, its bad commanders - those who are controlled by money, and will never be anywhere near the danger zone.

Its hard to blame soldiers - often they are young and poorly educated (as is most of the US anyhow) - so they simply can't see that what they are supporting is evil.

The biased media portrays the military as heroes - so these young people just believe it. They are of course murderers of innocent people - and god help them when they realize that.

On the one hand the soldiers are victims of lies - on the other hand, they still have a choice - no matter what pressure is applied, we all have a choice.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by riff_raff

You won't get an honest answer. Hell, I wouldn't give an honest answer. I'd parrot the "we're protecting democracy" just like I did during the first gulf war. Even though at the time I pointed out that Kuwait wasn't a democracy, that it was a left over remnant of British colonialism, that the only thing we were protecting was oil interests such as investments there by Jeb Bush, and that we could get the oil just as cheaply from Iraq. My captain there straightened me out on it that we were there 'fighting for democracy'. Truth and honesty doesn't have thing one to do with it.

As for the current war in Iraq. It's just a bunch of bs made up to enrich friends of Bush. The Iraqi army couldn't move a latrine without us noticing, the whole wmd line was a big lie. A lot of people are getting rich off this 'war', and that doesn't get into the missing pallets of cash that were shipped over there. Oh, sure, it makes a grand, patriotic, flag waving cover for the biggest heist in history.

Oh, and for the 'fighting terrorism there so you don't have to fight it here' line. Tell em to bring it. If we were serious about ending terrorism, we'd have troops invading Saudi Arabia.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by SpacePunk]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Oh no. They ARE bad people in uniform. They are not even soldiers.

Anyone in now either volunteered for college money, spending money, or to abuse people. They are certainly NOT soldiers.

They CHOSE to go. They CHOSE to support a cause admitted to be false by the government.

They are bad.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Tour18]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
What about Blackwater and all the mercenaries that will kill anyone for money ?

Are these all brave American war heroes as well ?

What about when California busts wide open and the rioting begins?

Who are the good guys and who are the bad guys when the US military start firing on Californians with live ammo ?

Would killing Americans be "saving America".

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Most of them are hard working soldiers who would die for there country.There are a select few employed by the goverment who would blow up a whole plane load of people just to kill one person.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I guess we shall soon see, when martial law is declared.

Will the military refuse to carry out orders, or fire on Americans ?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

No matter what you think these men and women are putting there life on the line for you. When 9/11 happen, I bet you wanted America to "do something". Well in order for that to happen you have to have a military in order to do it. Your rhetoric is common from people like you that quite frankly don't have the guts to serve.

You want all that America affords you just as long as someone else do all the dying and sacrificing. How dare you exercise the very freedom these people have given their lives for. I bet you the Vets from Nam don't see it you way which should tell you something.

Tonight as you sleep some one's son,father,etc, have put their life on the line so you wouldn't have to. Let me stop before I lose my civility.

BTW,I'm a VET and I don't like the fact that you are spitting in the face of these men and women and diminishing the sacrifice of the lives that these soldiers have given.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Much love and respect to you sir for sticking up for the American soldier

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Are soldiers bad?

Well, we could ask ourselves, if there were not one single soldier in the whole world, not one man willing to go out and kill simply becuase the leader of his country tells him he must, would the world be a better place?

We would soon find that there would be no tyrants, no empires, no murderous wars and far less fear in this world.

So if we remember that Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, there is little more power than having a gun in your hand, a bomb ready to drop in your plane and the license to kill anyone in front of you who is your 'enemy' nation, man woman ,child, newborn.....etc

Therefore, there are NO Good Soldiers anywhere and the world would be a far better place without them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join