It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 Ambassador Nominees Bundled $4.8 Million for President's Campaign, Inauguration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Study: 19 Ambassador Nominees Bundled $4.8 Million for President's Campaign, Inauguration

blogs.abcnews.com...

Thummalapally was President Obama's roommate at Occidental College in 1979. As Barbara and Vinai Thummalapally described it to the Colorado Springs Gazette, they "used to party with (the president) in college. He was the guy who'd drink a few beers, maybe take a toke, stay up until 4 a.m. then excuse himself to crank out an 'A' paper due that morning. ... He was Barry, the mellow guy in the leather jacket, dragging on a cigarette."

Of course, friendship only goes so far in the world of ambassadorships. It's Thummalapally's fundraising for -- not partying with -- President Obama that is more characteristic of his fellow ambassador nominees. The Coloradan bundled between $100,000 and $200,000 for the Obama campaign and has personally contributed $13,375 to Mr. Obama's various campaigns since 1999. And according to Federal Election Commission records, Thummalapally's "not employed/student" children Vishal and Sharanya donated $2,300 and $2,275 to the president.

The information comes from the Center for Responsive Politics, which in a recent study concluded that the president's new nominees for ambassadorships to Belize, Belgium, Liechtenstein, Romania and Switzerland "brought in at least $1.1 million for Obama's presidential bid as bundlers, and at least another half-a-million as bundlers for his inauguration. To date, this brings the contribution histories of Obama's ambassador nominees to roughly $1.8 million in donations since 1989. The 19 ambassadors that CRP has found in our campaign contribution database, along with their spouses and children, have given more than $98,200 to Obama personally, bundled at least $3.4 million for his 2008 presidential run and bundled another $1.4 million for his inauguration."

Oh well.

It is interesting to read the replies.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
nooo not marajuana.... how could you obama? WE TRUSTED YOUUU

no but seriously, whats the significance of this? i suppose, keep the friends you make in college. and be cool wile your at it?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevin_X1
nooo not marajuana.... how could you obama? WE TRUSTED YOUUU

no but seriously, whats the significance of this? i suppose, keep the friends you make in college. and be cool wile your at it?

I have no idea, I wonder what Thummalapally's been up to?

new topics

join