It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatening US Soil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
In regard to FOXNEWS and CNN news, it seems that North Korea is position itself to once again launch a rocket. Even though the first rocket fizzled out like a sparkler at the bottom of a pool, they are issuing the warning that this one will be pointed and headed toward the Hawaiian islands. This is crazy. If this does happen, what will the official response be from the Obama administration? (Given the fact that he wants to reduce the weaponry of the US stockpile.) Please give good comments as to this.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
check this out

U.S. Military Set to Intercept North Korean Ship Suspected of Proliferating Missiles, Nukes
The USS John McCain, a navy destroyer, will intercept the ship Kang Nam as soon as it leaves the vicinity off the coast of China, according to a senior U.S. defense official.
www.foxnews.com...

The U.S. military is planning to intercept a flagged North Korean ship suspected of proliferating weapons material in violation of a U.N. Security Council resolution passed last Friday, FOX News has learned.

The USS John McCain, a navy destroyer, will intercept the ship Kang Nam as soon as it leaves the vicinity off the coast of China, according to a senior U.S. defense official. The order to inderdict has not been given yet, but the ship is getting into position.

The ship left a port in North Korea Wednesday and appears to be heading toward Singapore, according to a senior U.S. military source. The vessel, which the military has been tracking since its departure, could be carrying weaponry, missile parts or nuclear materials, a violation of U.N. Resolution 1874, which put sanctions in place against Pyongyang.

The USS McCain was involved in an incident with a Chinese sub last Friday - near Subic Bay off the Philippines.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Fear not my friends!

I'm sure president Obama's far left advisers and teleprompters are urging him to immediately draw up a very mean threatening letter for the North Korean government, and will launch this preemptive letter as soon as possible, providing there is full coalition support.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Fear not my friends!

I'm sure president Obama's far left advisers and teleprompters are urging him to immediately draw up a very mean threatening letter for the North Korean government, and will launch this preemptive letter as soon as possible, providing there is full coalition support.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Thursday the military is "watching" that situation "very closely," and would have "some concerns" if North Korea launched a missile in the direction of Hawaii. But he expressed confidence in U.S. ability to handle such a launch.

they are watching closely and confident,

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I would like some links to your sources.

I know that a piece of intelligence supposedly came from Japan stating that around Independence day, NK was wanting to shoot off some fireworks in the direction of Hawaii.

Discussed Here.

I haven't seen any more information or confirmation of this.

Regardless, the US has positioned additional missile defenses in the area.

Discussed Here.

I'm no expert, by any stretch of the imagination, but it seems to me that TPTB are not too concerned about the threat of incoming missiles. They seem to think that the protections in place would be sufficient.

There is always a lot more to any story than what we get to hear. Seems to me like an awful lot of posturing, saber rattling and bullying.

This is either the start of something really, really big (and expensive) or it will fizzle for a couple more years.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What a bunch of propaganda CRAP... They are launching a missle in that direction not at Hawaii...Plus it doesn't even have the range to reach it... Max range is 4000 miles at best, Hawaii is over 4500 mile away... Think for yourself SHEEPLE.... No wonder this country is so F**Ked UP.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So if someone fired a gun at you house and the bullet fell 20 ft. short you would be cool with that?

reply to post by KAKUSA

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg
So if someone fired a gun at you house and the bullet fell 20 ft. short you would be cool with that?

reply to post by KAKUSA

good point

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder if this isnt a trick. You know the ones where one hand moving around getting your attention while the other gets sneeky.

We have that missile, their ship, and issues happening in iran.

Somethings stinky. I know crazy kim is, well, crazy and all, but this is just suicide. Not even crazy kim is that stupid.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

I'm not real sure that I even agree with the whole 'suicide' thing. We know he's nuts.

I'm just not real convinced that the commander in chief would do anything other than authorize the destruction of an incoming missile and then, as has been stated before, draft a sternly worded letter.

further panzy-fying the rest of the world's opinion of the US. But really, isn't that the goal anyway? Defend yourself without the unnecessary loss of innocent lives?

Nothing, absolutely nothing to gain by retaliation. If they really wanted lil kim dead, he would have been by now.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Every time I hear the term "US soil" or "insert country here soil" I immediately think that if a strong enough gust of wind came along that special soil could very well end up landing in another country making it "their soil".

I know there is something very philosophical in that, I'm just a little too tired to work it out at this moment......

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Most "soil" references are in regard to the shore line. The distinction between terra firma and water.

reply to post by Kryties

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I suppose.

That is a hard one really. I am all for saving innocent lives, but Im not exactly a turn the other cheek kind of gal either. Guess we will just have to wait and see how things turn out. You have to admit it seems more set-up-ish than anything else. Kind of like when my boys used to try and play me. The 2yr old would dance on the table demanding my attention of course while my 4 year old would go get what ever toy it was that they were wanting. Just seems like the same game here. Ya know?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I still think that either China or Russia are behind N. Korea's craziness.

reply to post by mrsdudara

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Heisenberg

I don't think China's behind it. 2 weeks ago a Chinese official has stated that NK has become a problem to them. What if China has lost their influence over NK? Then we have something realy to be worried about...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
OK... If they can get Bin Laden recordings aired, where are the Kim Jong Il tapes? He MUST be trying to say SOMETHING.

I have not seen his face nor heard his voice since this whole thing started. He's completely dead as far as I am concerned.

Now, watch as people start wondering the same thing. A tape will surface all of a sudden.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I just heard on the news they are planning to fire this missile towards Hawaii on July 4th, or so rumor has it. ( Nothing to substantiate it is more than that at this point.) But if this is so, then the message and insult is clear.

Gates saying, chill, everything in place to take it down, if needed.

You know, it's all most like Kim got drunk with his buddies one night, and in a stupor with them, one goes "oh, I know. Let's get word to the United States that we are going to shoot a missile towards one of their states on their Independence Day." Then, they all burst out laughing, patting one another on the backs, so anamored with themselves, yucking it up. "yeah. hehehe. Let's do it"

It's so ludicrous I am trying to imagine the scenario in which this plan was hatched. Psychotic break? Mental Retardation? Smoking crack?
I mean.....whaaaa?

But people sober up, and brain clouds fad. It's a dangerous game he's playing. He could have a heck of hangover.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Heisenberg

I agree, though I think Iran could be the bigger influence here and now. Maybe even coupled with a couple other seemingly small powers. Venezuela perhaps. Pirates, they have been awefull ornery getting their hands on all kinds of things. I dont know that China wants to open that can of worms right now. I think Russia would rather get a bit further along before they want to step toe to toe.

It was said after 9-11 that the #1 threat for us was if a country/terrorist had the proper missile and were to partner up with someone that had a ship (they went out of their way to highlight that it did not have to be a large boat, most any out there now would do). They have been awefully cautious of one of their ships docked in china right now.

N.K. Is like the little brother dancing on the table while the big brother runs and takes care of business. What ever that business might be.

Considering they are talking about fireing a missile towards Hawaii - like ladyinwaiting stated - on July 4th ish with nuclear consiquences if we interupt......Kinda wonder what big brother is up to.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Think about it guys, really. They aren't going to attack Hawaii. For one, it's Hawaii. I use to live there- yeah it brings in a lot of money but it's low population and it's tourist from Japan, China, Russia, other foreign states and then America. It's not a target they'd want to strike.

And what if they did? Then what? Who else will they attack? South Korea?? Then they have America on their ass with missles from California, Hawaii, Alaska, and near the red sea coming down on their ass. Yeah, they'll shoot off the test rocket, but they'll never nuke America, unless America was already at war with them.

They wont make the first move - all this i, is them puffing out their chest and showing off their muscles to America takes them as a serious threat.

Now Iran, Iran is a country that needs to be feared. They can and most likely will use a nuke some day and be the first to strike - most likely Israel.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Where did they get this soil from? Walmart, Walgreens or somesuch?

Damn those NK's! What are they doing threatning this poor bag of defenseless soil!

if anyone seriously thinks NK is a threat to the US, well I have a bridge to nowhere for sale you might like to buy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join