It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 trailer and my mistake??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I can't believe it took watching this trailer for me to realise I have been taken in by one of the BIGGEST marketing scams of all time.
Is there anyone else who thinks there is a possibilty it could be a HUGE marketing exercise for the film?

Trailer here
It even says at the end... "Find out the truth, search: 2012"

[edit on 19-6-2009 by and14263]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Say what you want about 2012 and the whole conspiracy with it..

But the special effects in this movie are MAD.

I wonder if it will parallel the movie "Knowing."

It looks like it may, and I like that movie as well.

Will definitely check it out....flicks about the end of the world are always intriguing!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
Is there anyone else who thinks there is a possibilty it could be a HUGE marketing exercise for the film?

You may very well be right. Seems to me if the world was really gonna end on 2012, Roland Emmerich wouldn't have bothered making this movie. What's he gonna do with all his box office millions if the world is about to end soon? Build is own spaceship to gtfo of earth?

Come to think of it, the movie is gonna be released later this year (November). I guess Emmerich doesn't believe we're gonna be in the middle of WW3 and full blown economic collapse with the dollar gone either. I wonder if we're gonna be able to buy movie tickets with gold.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by BlueShaman]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
People like dirty laundry, especially hollywood. If they could make money off of a potential disaster and people dying, they will and they have. If the events of 2012 come to pass, who's going to remember us? The people on this board who have talked about it and discussed it? No one, they will all just think back and say "hey wasn't there a movie that predicted this? That director must have done his research"

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Eh...It's just a movie/entertainment.

There was that Steven Spielberg version of "War of the Worlds" a few years ago...it wasn't a prediction, just entertainment. There have been movies made about volcanoes in Los Angeles, giant monsters destroying New York City or Tokyo and movies from the 1950s about other planets slamming into the Earth. None of these are predictions, but just entertainment.

top topics

join