It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the World Lucid Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I had another lucid dream last night and this one, while incredible, was a bit morbid.

I must have been coming out of the deep sleep stage, I can tell this now because of all the lucid dreams I have had. I generally have a lucid dream right before I wake up and many times I enter them half-way through, so I know they were already going on in my head I just couldn't remember them.

This lucid dream experience was no different. When I entered the dream it had apparently already been going on for a few minutes, because the first thing I remember is being in the middle of a conversation with someone. The person wasn't human and neither was I. I couldn't tell what we were, but we were definitely not human.

The sky looked just like our sky here on Earth. There were cumulus clouds in the sky. All of the sudden, with a fantastic sight, the sun let off giant flames. It looked like large teardrops made of fire, exploding outward and arcing toward Earth (or the planet I was on).

In a split second the sun (or star) grew large and the heat increased, then the sun exploded and the entire sky was full of flames coming toward the planet. I turned to run and was thinking 'This is it, this is how we all go'.

As I turned to run, knowing the end was inevitable, I felt the intense heat coming from the explosion and hoped to myself that it would be over fast. I was dead.

I was dead, but my consciousness was still alive and I had an incredible feeling of ease come over me, because I knew that the physical life wasn't the only life we experience. Before I had anymore time to think I was in outer space, a distance away from the planet. I could see the remnants of the explosion and the fires that engulfed several planets.

I was so relieved that I was out of there and I could finally explore the Universe, but I had a feeling I had been in inter-stellar space before, like I knew where I was going and what I wanted to see.

As I turned away from the explosion and the aftermath to go further into space I woke up and remembered that it was only a dream.

One of the Weirdest dreams I have ever had.

edit for grammar

[edit on 19-6-2009 by esteay812]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Perhaps it's how you came to be on Earth. Any other strange dreams or experiences?

Some dreams may be from subconcious memories of previous lives, or perhaps your mind is expressing fears of this world ending but dresses it up in an abstract alien landscape to make it less scary.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I had a similar dream about 5 or 6 years ago. One major difference is that I didn't die, instead I boarded an aircraft of somekind (I don't remember what it looked liked) with other people and we left earth. As we were leaving I looked down upon Earth and saw places where there were fires burning out of control.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by akkad

Hi Akkad,

Thanks for your post and questions. I have had incredible experiences in the dream state for a long time, realy almost as long as I can remember.

I have OBEs and Lucid dreams several times a month.

I don't know what the meaning of the dream was, but it was definitely different than most of the Lucid Dreams I have, in that I actually witnessed the end of a star system and escaped from it meta-physically.

It makes me wonder what other kinds of dreams we have that we just don't rememeber?

grammar edit

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Those parts of the dream where you witness burning destruction is part that interest me.. Especially you mention "teardrops of fire" which have a significant meaning to another topic which may have corrupted the dream.... But have a look at this:

According to bobbylove321, teardrop is a song by a UK band "Massive Attack". I don't know too much about Operation Blackjack.. could be completely viral for all I know but... my thought is that it has a bad ending. You are not the only one having these dreams about destruction.

Let me ask you this... Did you fall asleep with the TV or Radio on? MSM and other broadcasts are riddled with subliminal.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I had a similar dream 10 years ago. Not so many details though. Everybody was trying to lie low behind a levy of some kind. We all died from heat wave.

Then I woke up.

I am still under impression of that dream.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

I had a dream a couple months ago that a nuke was airbursted near me, and that I died in the blast wave, it was so amazingly vivid I felt burnt when I woke. That bothered me for days, but I think that it probably stems from all the nuke talk thats floating around lately amongst the world.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
There are these kind of dreams when you feel enormous intensity, and it usually has following forms: nuclear explosions, alien vessels, "red alert" feeling, wasps or bees attacking, electrical storms. Such dreams can be very impressive, they are very detailed (though short like all dreams). I remember how clouds from nuclear explosions were detailed as if I took picture of them in a very high resolution.

I think that in psychology/psychiatry this theme is well explored, but I'm not sure of their explanation. Maybe someone knows?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
esteay812
Id like to think this dream is you looking back onto one of your previous lives and when your consciousness is traveling through space it is just remembering previous journeys through space that it has taken before on its path to where your soul is supposed to go before you reincarnate again to another being on another planet.
or
It could be a vision of how other planets have ended and what may happen to our planet, Earth in the future.

Who knows though what this really means, maybe nothing though I doubt that.

Question for you. You said you knew you and the being you were talking to were not human. What did you guys look like?

Zetetic_of_Truth

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I was so relieved that I was out of there and I could finally explore the Universe, but I had a feeling I had been in inter-stellar space before, like I knew where I was going and what I wanted to see.

i've had dreams where i was flying through space to get from dreamscape to dreamscape...i know it was "real" because my boyfriend had the exact same experience at the exact same time *next to me in bed*
crazy...

on topic...i have had many dreams that would seem prophetic if what many think may happen does actually come to pass. one part that really sticks out for me in one is that there is a jeep cherokee on top of some electrical/telephone wires and all i can think when i see it is, "what is THAT about?!" then i see a sea of foreign planes, a sick feeling in my stomach and i run home to get my family and we jet out in our *jeep cherokee* barely getting away.
in fact, both me and my boyfriend have dreams similar to this somewhat regularly, since about a year ago, more or less.
we always BARELY make it out in time...often times we are heading up a mountain highway and looking down on the destruction of our highly populated city. and of course when we are on the road it is as many movies...the highway is PACKED with others also trying to leave.

i'm now convinced we will barely make it out. and i'm waiting for the signs that i have seen in my dreams.
whats really creepy is at the time of my dream...we didn't have a red jeep cherokee...we got it about a year later and have it now. not only that, the house in my dream had the same layout of the house we are now living in....except at the time we were living at his moms house...with a completlely different layout. i have a feeling, if my dreams are correct at all on timing, it will be soon. we are scheduled to move by the end of the month.....so we'll see.....

i have to add that thinking back in retrospect, it seems that car on the wires may have only gotten there by some explosion, no?

anyways, these dreams were so vivid i was slightly traumatized for weeks afterward and even now when i think of them they are so vivid and easily remembered they are more like actual memories than dreams.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by double_frick]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
As I turned away from the explosion and the aftermath to go further into space I woke up and realized that it was only a dream.

So it wasn´t a Lucid dream...
But nice one indeed.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Uhhh...do you know what a lucid dream actually is? It is when you KNOW you are dreaming and you can change the dream at will.

You may have had a VIVID dream but if you were lucid dreaming you surely would have realized it was not the end of the world and you were not dead and you were not talking to aliens.

Web definitions for Lucid dreaming -- A lucid dream is a dream in which the person is aware that he or she is dreaming while the dream is in progress, also known as a conscious dream. When the dreamer is lucid, he or she can actively participate in and often manipulate the imaginary experiences in the dream environment. ...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I had a dream almost exactly like this about two weeks ago. I thought about making a post on here, but I wasn't really sure what to say.

In my dream, I walked out of a house I didn't really recognize, onto a deck. In front of me was a tree line, behind it some mountains.

All of the sudden a huge amount of light burst up from what appeared to be the ground.... I could've sworn I was there and it was real, the light was almost blinding, I had to cover my eyes with my hand, and then I felt the heat on my skin... it just felt so real.

I woke up thinking it was a nuke that had gone off but really there wasn't a mushroom cloud - your description seems to match up with my dream better than my own first impression. I thought it was a nuke because of all the light, but there wasn't really a mushroom cloud or anything, I was just sort of engulfed in light and heat.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

No I didn't have the Tele-v on. I have thought about the dream a bi more and haven't remembered anything new, but the size of the "teardrops" of fire were huge, probably half the size of the moon

Zetetic-of-Truth:

The we didn't look like anything in particular. A human like bi-pedal being, with no hair and really tight clothes. Faces look almost human, but not.. it's hard to explain something I have never seen before, but that is pretty close. Oh, and we were a light green type color.

Sonya:

Yes I know what a Lucid Dream is. I say I was lucid because I had control of myself during the dream, but not what was happening out of control. When I saw the explosion os the star I turned and ran, but couldn't get away fast enough.

When I found myself in space after my apparent death I was had control of my body and turned to go into space, but woke up before I got any further.

Maybe you would categorize it differently and maybe the dream was a bit of both. Because I could control my own actions and knew exactly what was going on and what I should do, but I couldn't control the nature.

I have had Lucid Dreams where everything is under my control and I can change anything, this one was more like a scene of a story unfolding and the only thing I could control was my actions.

I was aware that it was a dream, mainly because I wasn't human, but the lines got a little blurred when I couldn't control the things around me.

Zmurfix:

As I said just a second ago I believe it may have been a combination of a dream and lucidity while dreaming, because I could control certain aspects, such as my body and thoughts, but not things outside of my body, such as nature. Because of this it seemed more real than other Lucid Dreams I have had, because during them I know I am dreaming because I can control every aspect.

djzombie:

One of the prominent features of my dream was the blinding light when the explosion actually occurred. It was suprememly bright and I knew it was bad. I ran, but couldn't escape it.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yeah I call this "half-lucid" ...when you know it is a dream but it´s still continues on it´s way... little like watching tv.
Dreams are incredible thing. Alien invasions are my favorites

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

When I saw the explosion os the star I turned and ran, but couldn't get away fast enough.

People can "run away" in regular dreams too. If it were truly a lucid dream why would you even TRY to run away? Why wouldn't you be watching and thinking "wow, cool dream".

Does not sound like a lucid dream at all to me.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

When I saw the explosion os the star I turned and ran, but couldn't get away fast enough.

People can "run away" in regular dreams too. If it were truly a lucid dream why would you even TRY to run away? Why wouldn't you be watching and thinking "wow, cool dream".

I think that sometimes there aren't distinct lines between lucid and not lucid. It's almost as if a part of you knows it isn't real, but for some reason you continue with the dream anyway.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Sonya,

You may need to read what the definition of a Lucid Dream is, because your current understanding seems a bit skewed. They do not always occur the same for everyone and one or all of the signs of a Lucid Dream may be present.

Here is what a Lucid Dream is;

Definition

There is nothing inherently difficult to understand about the concept of lucid dreaming: as stated in the introduction, lucid dreaming is simply dreaming while being aware you are dreaming. You can think of lucid dreaming as being conscious while dreaming. If, by chance, during a dream it suddenly dawns on you that you are dreaming, then you have experienced a lucid dream, regardless of whether you have been able to attain control of your dream. Lucid dreaming is usually induced by some sort of cue—something that indicates to the person that what he or she is experiencing is a dream, and not reality. Cues, however, are not necessary for becoming lucid: sometimes people spontaneously become lucid without noticing anything strange or typical of dreams. Lucid dreaming is a very simple concept but for most it will take patience and determination to achieve.

Many people seem ignorant of the distinction between having a lucid dream, and controlling a dream. Being able to freely control one’s dream does not directly follow becoming lucid: one can have a lucid dream without any control whatsoever. Controlling your dream is simply proceeding to the next level, by attempting to exert your will upon your surroundings. [ex/]

For me I became Lucid in this particular dream when I saw the star exploding and saw the people as being non-human, I knew I was dreaming while dreaming - even though I became frightened and taken back by the occurrances of the dream.

Levels of Lucidity & Dream Control

Lucid dreaming was defined as becoming aware you are dreaming; the actual level of awareness varies, however. When the level of lucidity is high you are well aware that nothing you experience is real, and you realize that you have nothing to fear—you cannot be harmed by any situations that may seem precarious. With low-level lucidity, although partially aware you are dreaming, you are not aware enough to have a great impact on your dream—you may accept some aspects of your dream that you would not normally accept in the ordinary world (you may not find it at all strange that your dog flies around the living room, etc.) With low-level lucidity your realization may also quickly fade and you may accept the whole dream as reality.

Again, attaining lucidity does not immediately mean you’re in control of your dreams. As we’ll discuss later a lot of practice is necessary in order to exert and maintain control. Obviously you have the best chance of controlling your dreams with a high-level of awareness, but even then it may not be possible to exert much control, at least, at first. Although experience plays a part in how well you can control your dreams, your own belief and confidence is key. If you lack confidence in your dreams, you may fail at controlling them—if you believe in a dream that you cannot do something, it is very likely that you won’t be able to.

Instead of changing the dream, however, you could merely control your own behaviour. This kind of dream control is most beneficial during nightmares. Rather than attempting to change the dream, you can change your own attitude. By realizing it is merely a dream and that you cannot sustain physical damage, you can allay your fear, which is the only real part of the nightmare. Changing your attitude in such a manner usually transforms the nightmare into something more peaceful as well. Defeating nightmares is only one of many reasons to attempt to have lucid dreams—the next section lists more.

source
[ex/]

edit for grammar - again

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Your gift is that of precognitive dreams.

Your dreams are lucid. And they are definitely real... you're just projecting yourself into an alternate dimension where you can see "the truth".

Sometimes I dream of red and fire too.

All these concurrent dreams of flame and heat? NOT a coincidence.

But I do not think it's 2012 or anything like that - unlike what so many people predict - this is a catastrophe MUCH further ahead... and it will be led up by a lot of volcanic and seismological activity.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Lucid dreams occur differently for everyone.

What it "sounds" like to you may "sound" differently to someone else.

What is common is that we all have control over our actions in lucid dreams. Instead of merely "seeing" the dream from a third person POV, as with normal dreams - even some precognitive ones - in lucid dreams what you do MATTERS to how the dream will play out... signifying not a "vision" but an "experience", whereby you have projected into your future or astral self in another time or dimension.

Sometimes this happens. Sometimes we get possessed by our past selves, when we space out and sudden images of "the past" appear in our mind.

Time is not a line on other dimensions. Like space is three-dimensional in OUR reality, in an alternate plane time is three-dimensional (past, present and future) and space is one-dimensional.

Anything really can happen during lucid dreams, which is not like precognitive dreams which merely gives accounts of the future.

You can have either of these dreams, or symbolic dreams, which do not tell you anything about the future, but rather REPRESENT things that are happening in your life and are being evaluated by your subconscious in sleep.

In conclusion:
1) Symbolic dreams - Symbolic representations of your real life
2) Precognitive dreams - visions OF the future/past
3) Lucid dreams - projection into future/past

As long as you are able to have mastery over your actions in your dreams, and you feel as though you have weight and conscious control, you are lucid dreaming. If you are WATCHING, you are having a precognitive dream.

Get?

top topics

join