It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I don't often sit through the rantings of religious bigots but I made an exception today, by listening to Khamenei's Friday Prayers Sermon. What goes on inside Iran's political system is pivotal to what happens to democracy throughout the Middle East. It impacts the Palestinian Problem and any nuclear global conflict.

Why I think Khameni is a complete hypocrite:

1) He said in the Speech that Iran was the "Flagbearer of Democracy." Yet, he issued a stark warning to those who wish to protest against the government - go queitly through a legal system (controlled by the Mullahs) and shut up publicly or see protestors killed and opposition leaders "suffer the consequences , the responsibilty for blood-letting will be on their shoulders";

2) He condemned protests on the street even thogh his Islamic Republic was born out of an identical set of actions. He brow beat protestors saying they should respect authority and the State. Hypocrite, was he thinking this when he toppled the Shah of Iran in a bloody coup?;

3) Khameni said that the riots were started by Zionist conspirators and the western media. Yea, sure, the poor correspondant holed up in the hotel lobby unable to go outside because of government restrictions. Seriously, Khomeni are you saying that individual western journalists can whip up protestors that number in their hundreds of thousands;

4) Khameni says the Western democracies are "letting their mask full away" Another way of saying two-faced. He called the British Government "most evil". I think he needs to learn to have a little bit more respect for democracies around the world. Maybe then Iran can enjoy frutful dialogue with other nations. Khameni is proud, arogant and rude.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What the average Iranian is learning is that although they thought they lived in an Islamic Democratic Republic, they actually live in an Islamic Dictatorship. What we are seeing is the beginning of yet another Iranian revolution, and hopefully they get this one right! The only way to truly have a democratic government is through the separation of Church and State. They are learning that freedom isn't free and that religion cannot be the base for government, at least not a free one!

[edit on 19-6-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
These Ayatollahs and the Pope for Europe reminds me of the evil emporor in the Star Wars saga, at the very top there is always someone pulling the strings even if the characters in the movie don't know but the audiance does. The same with the rest of the dictators with their hidden agendas, the problem is sometimes they don't keep it hidden and us audiance are so dummbed down by not taking death chants seriously that they may actually have enough time to make that Deathstar after all.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yes, although I can appreciate your reasoning. For an fundamentalist Islamist the ideal State is one following Islamic Law controlled by Mullahs. I think Iran would learn a lot from say a country like Turkey. That country is a secular democracy based on Islamic traditions with a modern looking approach to its neighbours. (Unlike the presiding Iranian Prime Minister that wants to annihilate one of its neighbours.) Morrocco and Egypt live in peace with their neighbours and they are just as Islamic as Iran. I think Khameni needs to prove why he should see himself as better than these countries leaders.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Circle]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
i have some iranian friends, so i can say this...

they want ahmadinejad GONE! they think he is a dictator of the worst kind!

most of the Persians i met, are really nice outgoing (outgoing is an understatement) people. all they want is peace and freedom (edit to add TEA AND HOOKAH as well
), and they truly feel that their election was stolen. a lot of them on facebook have changed their image to say, "WHERES MY VOTE???"

they truly believe it was hijacked. i figured that the "supreme leader" (i had this nick name when i was a kid building forts out of pillows) would have allowed the recount, but no. its all a sham.

i feel bad for the majority of the people there, and im glad that my friend isnt there now. i told her it would get much worse.

we cant compare all the people of Iran to their leader, much like in America.

but i agree that he is just a hypocrite. you cant say you want democracy and then shoot people for exercising their right to demonstrate discontent!!

[edit on 6/19/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Circle
Yes, although I can appreciate your reasoning. For an fundamentalist Islamist the ideal State is one following Islamic Law controlled by Mullahs. I think Iran would learn a lot from say a country like Turkey. That country is a secular democracy based on Islamic traditions with a modern looking approach to its neighbours. (Unlike the presiding Iranian Prime Minister that wants to annihilate one of its neighbours.) Morrocco and Egypt live in peace with their neighbours and they are just as Islamic as Iran. I think Khameni needs to prove why he should see himself as better than these countries leaders.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Circle]

I think many Iranians are going to unsubscribe from their "tradition" for once.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I have lived in london all my life. they have used mind control on me since 1992. Do you get what the usa and uk can do, lol.

Do you understand what techs they have.

Do you people understand that if i have lived with electronic mind control since 1992, what are they using on people they want to turn, etc....

Think, thread starter. Do you think the iran leader, does not know what the west can do?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well it is all relative.

Iran IS more of a democracy than many other middle eastern countries (i.e. Saudi Arabia, Syria, etc...do not even pretend to be a democracy and even neighbor Iraq has only just recently sort of become one).

When it comes to education and equal rights, Iran is light years ahead of most of its neighbors. Women drive, vote, and are more likely to be college educated than their male counterparts.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

they truly believe it was hijacked. i figured that the "supreme leader" (i had this nick name when i was a kid building forts out of pillows) would have allowed the recount, but no. its all a sham.

Who do you think ordered that the election be rigged??? Of course he didn't support a recount! His was the only vote that DID count!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Yes that's right! Iran has a fun-loving and progressive side, and the indications are that that is set to continue, to get stronger as a trend, The demographics show an ever more youthful population that is imternet aware.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Circle

Fantastic thread!! I agree wholeheartedly with the author, and I am glad people are taking the time to see Khamenei for what he is. Very professional journalistic wording, and straight to the point. Excellent!

[edit on 19-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Reports of 150 dead today in Tehran, other cities just as bad or worse. Acid thrown on crowds from choppers also confirmed, and basij militias killing anyone who's gone hurt into hospitals.

European embassys taking wounded, basij blocking embassies and forcing embassy staff to leave. Could see european casualties too.

Some examples, today basij shot a pregant women, an 80 yr old woman, 12 yr old boy, many young women, a woman stood on her roof was shot thru' her heart.

Many now marching from other cities to Tehran maybe to capture to use or burn down state tv propaganda station. God knows what outcome will be when basij meet them. Orders are to shoot protestors on sight.

Army are stuck in barracks, some may be ready to revolt and take on the basij.

What happens next is anyone's guess

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This means that war has been declared by both sides.
Will the "international community" be involved, that is the question?

As a matter of fact, war has been declared against the hard core Islamic oppressors, Taliban and others, by America, NATO, Pakistan, Israel and now Iranians.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Unfortunately Khamenei and Ahmedinejad desperately want an external threat and are prepared to plant bombs against their own mosques in order to create a fiction that this strife is caused by external enemies.

It is heartbreaking to watch but the outside world just provides the Khamenei regime with justification for it's murders by intervening.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Unfortunately Khamenei and Ahmedinejad desperately want an external threat and are prepared to plant bombs against their own mosques in order to create a fiction that this strife is caused by external enemies.

It is heartbreaking to watch but the outside world just provides the Khamenei regime with justification for it's murders by intervening.

Consider the slaughter in Iraq on a daily basis. Who is doing that? Who are they? They are totally non selective.

I think now it is clear who...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Khamenei said that the Election couldn't possibly be rigged because there was, an eleven million vote majority, for the government. If it had been one hundred thousand or five hundred thousand, or a million maybe, but not eleven million. What tosh! It just means that the swindle is on an even bigger scale. I think it was Josef Goebbels who said, "Lie and the people will believe you, lie a bigger lie and they will believe you even more."

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Circle]

new topics

top topics

join