It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Set to Intercept North Korean Ship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This could be the start of major escalations with North Korea.
They have already stated that they will not comply with UN resolutions and that they will respond with force to any attempt to inspect their shipping.

Watch this situation closely.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
N.Korea KNOW something the West doesn't. They were warned after the tests DO NOT do anything like that again. Yet they state "If you stop our ship we will use force and engage in a war" What do they do? Send a ship out that's highly suspect. Call me crazy but I think N.Korea WANT to start a war. They know Soeul wouldn't last 10 minutes, unless Allied fighter jets or ships destroyed their Artillery just along the border.

Kim really does seem like he is pushing this too far, why? Well my theory is he is dying, he knows he hasn't got long left. The once glorious leader dying without showing his people "HE" was the man. By going psycho on the U.S. He needs to calm down and realise his people will be obliterated if a nuke touched ANY country. I would love it if he was in cahoots with China, then launched a massive attack against everyone. If Kim's dying WE ALL WILL!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
this does seem to be planned to happen this way. if he isnt being told what to do, then he is absolutely NUTS!!!

PS - foremanator - your avatar pic cracks me up every time i see it! its way funnier than the one of the donkey pulling the taxi, which is also hilarious!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It's China that scares me. There's not been much response from China so far, so it seems they don't really mind all of this. I'm not as informed about any of this as I would like to be, but I do know two things for certain......
First, we do NOT want to get into it with China, period. Second, the US is spread all over hell and back fighting waaaay too many wars at once. If I were wanting to pick a fight with the US, I don't think I've seen a better time. We're spread out, and we're broke!
Don't get me wrong, I will always support our troops, and I certainly think its better to fight in someone else's yard than our own, but we need to back up and reform the lines right about now, because N.Korea about to light the firecracker!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Kim Jong-Il's health is rapidly declining and he may wind up on his death bed soon. He may just be trying to show the world that he does have some power even in last few years. His third son, whom is due to assume power, is basically a nobody. Even so, I could see North Korea trying to ship a nuke to Iran, or at the very least advanced Chinese missile components. North Korean nuclear and missile tests are regularly attended by Iranian technicians. The latest report says the USS John McCain is waiting for the ship to leave the Chinese coast, where it will intervene. At the very least it will probably be boarded in Singapore.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tunatarian

I couldn't agree more.

We're walking a tightrope as it is, and now we've got Lil' Kim choking out his last words directed at the US and it's allies.

The problem, IMHO, is that this is probably going to be his pre-planned last hurrah; with no thought towards the people of his own nation, let alone the rest of the world.

top topics

join