It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

symbolism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
if you were in a secret society, why would you put all kinds of symbols / imagery associated with your society on your projects? wouldnt that kinda defeat being a secret society? i would think you would want to blend in more, or perhaps use some other groups symbols / imagery if you were going to use any.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
good question, but my answer is no, it doesn't defeat the purpose.

you see, it's not everyone who knows every single secret symbol. even worse is that it's not everyone that knows the meaning behind secret symbols.

they put them on there because they don't really care if you find out or not. they're so arrogant in thinking this, and a main reason they put it on there is to declare their partnership with similar secret organizations to those that are inside of such socieites and networks.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Secret to whom? Non-members? In the case of Masonic symbols they are a means of identification, or to those with a need for a little ego stroking a badge of self importance. This is subjective but there is little need for five to ten symbols gracing your car/person/etc. There is little need in modern society for flaunting such affiliations

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by spangbr
if you were in a secret society, why would you put all kinds of symbols / imagery associated with your society on your projects? wouldnt that kinda defeat being a secret society? i would think you would want to blend in more, or perhaps use some other groups symbols / imagery if you were going to use any.

Why do dogs piss on house corners, fire hydrants etc? Same thing basically.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
It's so obvious... how could I have not seen this?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Why do dogs piss on house corners, fire hydrants etc? Same thing basically.

Gee, I don't think this is quite what the Masons have in mind when they support "relief" efforts!

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Well, it's deftly not just charity

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camelop�rdalis
Well, it's deftly not just charity

Yes deft and quick the average Mason can easily evade quips, barbs, and insinuation; while keeping his sights firmly on the goal at hand... world domination.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I see Mason symbols all over the place: There are a few lodges near where I live. Additionally, there's occasionally a Masonic Lodge sign when you enter a town - you know, same place the Kiwanis and Lion's Club signs are.

My guess is to give two impressions: One, so that fellow Masons know that it is "ok" for them to be there. Masons haven't always been the most accepted people around; hell, there was an anti-Masonic party in the beginning of the eighteen hundreds.

Second, to give the underlying feeling of power. If you keep seeing Masonic lodges or signs or [insert masonic something here], you're more inclined to be familiarised to it. From this familiarity comes acceptance.

And hell, once you accept something, it's all over

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

you see, it's not everyone who knows every single secret symbol. even worse is that it's not everyone that knows the meaning behind secret symbols.

they put them on there because they don't really care if you find out or not. they're so arrogant in thinking this, and a main reason they put it on there is to declare their partnership with similar secret organizations to those that are inside of such socieites and networks.

The symbol placing serves many purposes simultaneously.

It can serve as many kinds of messages, it can serve as esoteric 'magical' ritual that enforces certain bonds, bindings or power (or creates a certain kind of energy/vibe), it can serve as a simple "Hey, we are on YOUR side, so don't go after us"-flag for the PTB, it can probably even serve as a kind of a map/guide, depending on the circumstances (like the crop circles can serve to point where certain energy fields or other resources exist and so on)

The reason is not "because they don't really care". They do care.

And that has been calculated into the equation. People eventually figuring it out is part of the plan, I reckon. I mean, what could create more hopelessness in an individual, than finding out something that others will never even believe to be true? That's why it's so diabolic.

And hopeless people are easy to control, and won't rise against anyone - just as planned.

The reality and truth are SO staggering and 'unbelievable', that most people will never believe it - so the ones that find out, will be inevitably ridiculed, diagnosed, blamed, attacked, until they stop telling about it. That's just the way it goes.

In the times of deceit, it has been said, anyone who tells the truth will seem like a raving lunatic or madman. I can't remember who said it originally, but it's certainly true.

new topics

top topics

join