It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peoples choice pages for ATS forums?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
During my time here at ATS I've seen many great threads get created, they usually stay at the top of the most recent thread posts page for a while, but as most forums go these threads disappear over time, getting buried under newer threads.
This is a bit of a shame, especially with the amount of new sign ups ATS gets each day, many new members are totally ignorant of these quality threads and miss out.

This is where I'm curious if ATS could introduce a peoples (and maybe mods) choice page stickied at the top of each individual forum page?
Maybe base it off the amount of flags and applause's a thread gets?

It would probably take a bit of effort but if it keeps important and quality threads in a place where all can see them easily I think it would improve the ATS experience greatly.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
how about labeling every good thread that has at least 75 stars and/or replies as gold and put in in a special section in the specific forum?

one line posts can make sense too...

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Grey Magic]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Chadwickus, i think your onto something.
As you know, ive been along time lurker and only recently have been contributing via thread compilation. I frequently use the search function and the amount of buried treasure is enormous.

Anyways, you have my vote. Good one.

Edited for spelling

[edit on 19/6/2009 by scubagravy]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
i agree...u know..creating a thread is somehow difficult...then when the thread starts to take live u know...are the best moments of the day
..then it dissapears and leaves you so sad...u hope somebody posts so that it turn outs in the recent post again where i beleive most people browse since they look for latest news etc

S+F to u

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

There are plenty of great threads buried out there, just like buried treasure.

These should never be buried.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

How about a Century Club..?

100 Flags - 100 Stars

Good idea...

top topics

join