It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ayatollah: Death to the treacherous UK

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

...but an Iranian certified loon says we are trechorous and we all start passionately defending our country.

nationalism is a strange and powerful thing

[edit on 6/20/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I was part of the protest in Valiasr Square. When we got there, there were riot police and plain clothes guards shooting at people, I could see that people had been shot and were on the ground. There were also water cannons. We decided to head towards Azadi Square, and there were guards on motorbikes and attacking people with batons.

There were thousands of people out on the streets the police were using tear gas - the whole experience was terrifying. Towhid (Unity) Square looked like a battle ground.

There were lots of female protestors - I saw a guard attack one women and then she went back up to him and grabbed him by the collar and said 'why are you doing this? Are you not an Iranian?' - he was totally disarmed and didn't know what to do but her actions stopped him.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I don't know why I even read - it just kills me

[edit on 6/20/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Reports of 150 dead today in Tehran, other cities just as bad or worse. Acid thrown on crowds from choppers also confirmed, and basij militias killing anyone who's gone hurt into hospitals.

European embassys taking wounded, basij blocking embassies and forcing embassy staff to leave. Could see european casualties too.

Some examples, today basij shot a pregant women, an 80 yr old woman, 12 yr old boy, many young women, a woman stood on her roof was shot thru' her heart.

Many now marching from other cities to Tehran maybe to capture to use or burn down state tv propaganda station. God knows what outcome will be when basij meet them. Orders are to shoot protestors on sight.

Army are stuck in barracks, some may be ready to revolt and take on the basij.

What happens next is anyone's guess

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Army are stuck in barracks, some may be ready to revolt and take on the basij.

What happens next is anyone's guess

It's funny you should mention that, as the rank and file of units such as the Rev. Guard have voted for reformists before and have been reported as being in broad support of the protestors, which is why the State seems to be relying on the radical Basijj militia to do the dirty work.

The ironic twist in all this is that the vast majority of people in iran don't want an end to their Islamic system, they just want to be treated fairly and not dictated too. If the Mullah's are not careful, they could go the way of the Shar, who they toppled in similiar fashion in 1979....

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Reports that people on rooftops in Tehran shouting "Death to Khamenei"

Previously they shouted "Death to the dictator"

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
eerrrrr..... didnt the un i.e. the uk and the states help them against saddam in he '90'ies? correct me if i'm wrong but i dunno why i just thought that they did, so if thats the case then waht gives them the right to chant that? i would understand remakrs like that if they had a legitimate reason though, but they have not!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You can imagine what the british would be like if the Iranians were sucking all the north sea oil out and giving the british peanuts for it . When the British eventually say , ' scuse me ayatollah , any chance the british here could control our own oil ?', they go and overthrow the government . You can imagine the british if Iranian warships sailed right up by territorial waters . British haven't forgiven the germans or the french yet . They would be livid at such a display of rogue-like behaviour by the Iranians , but we do it to them and everyone is feigning shock and surprise at their show of deserved reciprocated belligerence.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Drexl]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl
You can imagine what the british would be like if the Iranians were sucking all the north sea oil out and giving the british peanuts for it . When the British eventually say , ' scuse me ayatollah , any chance the british here could control our own oil ?', they go and overthrow the government . You can imagine the british if Iranian warships sailed right up by territorial waters . British haven't forgiven the germans or the french yet . They would be livid at such a display of rogue-like behaviour by the Iranians , but we do it to them and everyone is feigning shock and surprise at their show of deserved reciprocated belligerence.

Your analogy is a bit long winded.

Actually, I think the people of the UK have forgave the Germans quite a long time ago. Not sure why the UK would want to forgive the French though. The UK and the French have always been rather odd with each other - it's in our genes - we've been taking pot shots at each other for a thousand years or more.

The Iranians choose to perpetually refer back to the past because it suits their needs. What better way to keep a nation together and restricted than to keep a few enemies on the boil and to justify that belief by citing behaviour which happened before the invention of the wheel. Mind you, the Iranian leadership are all in the past anyway - medieval mentality seems to be the order of the day. Perhaps the current problems are that people are beginning to see through all the rhetoric.

Regards

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Erm...

I bear no grudges to ANY german... In fact i believe Germany to be a very civilised and cultural place, same with France (but what the hell are we supposedly forgiving the french for?)

We're not that childish...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The UK GOVERNMENT is trecheous, its the uk citizens' own mantra, so why when other people say it everyone gets riffled up?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I inserted the part regarding Germany and France , to see who would take up on it to deny any grudge persists , but fail to answer the crux of the matter , as to what would be their stance , had it been Iranians meddling in our affairs as we have done to them. And what their present disposition consequently would be . It is just a honeytrap point to catch general amorphous , side stepping replies that I can skip over .

Over emphasis in the reply to such 'catchment' points , often leads to further drivel posted as can be seen by the poster Paraphi above .

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Reports that people on rooftops in Tehran shouting "Death to Khamenei"

Previously they shouted "Death to the dictator"

Yes, it means DOWN WITH THE DICTATOR. When Iranians claim Death To anyone, it means down with. I already said this and people still ignore this fact.

You need to understand their language before you judge them.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisYah
The UK GOVERNMENT is trecheous, its the uk citizens' own mantra, so why when other people say it everyone gets riffled up?

I think most governments are treacherous to be honest.
They're all lying, deceitful and greedy..... and dangerous.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
It sort of reminds me why Iran should not possess nukes! I suppose we can just hope that the current problems in Iran result in change which moderates this type of behaviour.

Regards

Hi para/

Should it not remind everyone that NOBODY should posses nukes!
C'mon, fair is fair...Or is it?
Wars upon wars and MAN just keeps them coming!
I guess more bloodshed and helpless people caught in between the stupidity of the HIGHER UPS is to come!

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

Exactly....nobody should have nukes... not some countries have them and then they also decide who else can have them, that's hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Erm...

I bear no grudges to ANY german... In fact i believe Germany to be a very civilised and cultural place, same with France (but what the hell are we supposedly forgiving the french for?)

We're not that childish...

What are we supposed to be forgiving the French for!!?
Well let's start with Sacha Distell. Bloody awful singer, and why we're at it how about Frogs legs and snails! Only the French could think they'd be a tasty snack. Gerrard Depardeou! Fat, rubbish actor with a big nose but because he's French he becomes a sex symbol. Go figure.
And finally Citroens!!! Cars which have air suspension and house the stereo where the handbrake should be. . .
The French have got a lot to answer for.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Its ironic some people talked about the British empire and colonialism..The truth is the English ruled most of the trade routes and went further then the Dutch by integrating most of the inlands and micro-economies into the global trade routes[with railraods and such], what happened in India..I couldn't say that was [all] bad?
I called it ironic because the Islamic clerics are trying to colonize Europe but in a different manner, hidden and slowly but still right before your eyes, yes i am talking about the Sharia courts..I say Death to the clerics, and get the hell out of our countries!...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
[edit on 29/7/09 by blupblup]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
[edit on 14/8/09 by blupblup]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join