It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ayatollah: Death to the treacherous UK

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

But it was not all bad and was a product of it's time and should be judged on the values and morals of the day.

Do you know freeborn , i wonder if in 20 years time people will be saying the same thing about bush/iraq?

just a thought

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Only time will tell, i guess. I personally don't think our adventures in Iraq were necessary and if I were in charge it wouldn't have happened. But the hypocrisy surrounding the middle east mess is pretty astounding.
Could you imagine what the reaction here would be, if the US president, or the UK's pm etc., came on national TV and outright warned protesters who disputed election results that they'd better watch out cuz their heads were going to roll?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Yeah... my neighbor is from Iran...

I went over the other day to talk to him about what is going on over there and get his perspective and it went like this...

Ahmedinijad is like Bush... It's his way or no way....

Musavi, although, the one the majority really wanted is not mr clean either, but is more open to reform etc...

From his perspective, if Gore had not conceded like he did in 2000, it would have happened here too

When the Ayatollah came on the Arabic TV we were watching at his place (while he brought me dates and tea... good stuff) He looked, and for the first time he became visibly irritated...

He pointed to the TV and said "That's the guy who is responsible for all of this s*it"

I really couldn't ask for a better neighbor... our kids play together, we switch off & on taking the boys swimming, and anytime I come over, he makes me feel as though his house is my house....

He must really think Bush is a ******* then unless he meant in principle not necessarily in practise
I don't think any other human on this planet is as crazy as Khamenei, well except maybe Kim Jong-il, and Hitler but he's dead. Saddam Hussein wasn't far off either.

Your neighbours right though, it is the Ayatollah Khamenei aka the psychopath that has created this mess. The other Ayatollahs and Mullahs are also part of the problem, but some of them are reformists if the opportunity arises. Most of them would never speak out without the protesting going on, as Khamenei would do them harm. One of the Ayatollah's was beaten so badly he is in a wheel chair now, just because he spoke out against Khamenei. Can't remember his name though.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
niacblog.wordpress.com...

www.facebook.com...

“I will participate in the demonstrations tomorrow. Maybe they will turn violent. Maybe I will be one of the people who is going to get killed. I’m listening to all my favorite music. I even want to dance to a few songs. I always wanted to have very narrow eyebrows. Yes, maybe I will go to the salon before I go tomorrow! There are a few great movie scenes that I also have to see. I should drop by the library, too. It’s worth to read the poems of Forough and Shamloo again. All family pictures have to be reviewed, too. I have to call my friends as well to say goodbye. All I have are two bookshelves which I told my family who should receive them. I’m two units away from getting my bachelors degree but who cares about that. My mind is very chaotic. I wrote these random sentences for the next generation so they know we were not just emotional and under peer pressure. So they know that we did everything we could to create a better future for them. So they know that our ancestors surrendered to Arabs and Mongols but did not surrender to despotism. This note is dedicated to tomorrow’s children…” - an Iranian blogger, with more courage than most of us will ever know.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman
If you ever meet a scot in hand to hand combat be prepared for the lowest of low blows.. Well do what it takes to win. ( the english will tell you when we booted them out of scotland lol ).

Well, nearly, but there's no doubt that, historically, our Scottish brothers fought like demons.

Originally posted by zeetroymanThe Iranian people are honourable people, if some looney wants to blame it all on the UK bring it on, the iranian people will see sence and demonstrate in the streets over this nonsense comment.
[edit on 19-6-2009 by zeetroyman]

Very true. The Iranians also have much to be proud of regarding their history, and should not stand for this kind of tyranny for long.

As Cyrus the Great said: "I would not rule if the people did not wish it to be so."

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Scary and humbling and moving.

Thanks for that.

[edit on 19/6/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The antipathy between the Brits and the entire Middle East, Northern Africa and Indian subcontinent is nothing new, how many centuries were spent enslaving and fighting them?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Someone should point out that there is no shame in surrendering to Khalid Ibn al-Walid or to the Mongols. At all.

Oh, I suppose it was me!

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
The antipathy between the Brits and the entire Middle East, Northern Africa and Indian subcontinent is nothing new, how many centuries were spent enslaving and fighting them?

Lets not talk about slavery, because you'll find that we came to the game late and decided to end it early.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by The Last Man on Earth]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

We Brits have thick skins and broad shoulders, we have to.

Agreed, but we also have Iranians living among us, perhaps we should deport them just in case they happen to agree with their leaders and families back home ?

Seems like what you put out always comes back no?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Exactly. It's a lot like the lead up to the Gulf War in 1990 when the Iraqis paid anti-American demonstrators to show up for the cameras. Some of them were going from station to station just to see themselves on the air, same as any demonstration. Great scene about this in the movie "Live from Baghdad," they'd talk to reporters in between shots and scream propaganda when the cameras were rolling.

Attending anti-American protests used to be compulsory in Iran, it's probably done as much to foment anti-Ayatollah hatred as any of the moronic laws they've passed since the Revolution.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

Irony: the first thing the Mongols did to captured towns was....forcibly conscript the population and put them on the front lines to preserve their own troops. Followed by taxation and tributes. Brilliant yet cruel, let them be grateful for letting them live yet make them do the dirty work.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You are welcome, I keep reading it for some reason.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
i'd shout "Death to the U.K., U.S., and Israel" too, having read this document:

1940 Congressional Record: The British-Israel Empire, regarding a "World State" and "International Strife"

unbelievable!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Oh trust me John, I havent fallen for any of their propaganda, and in my statement, I said that is all it was, propaganda. I was up watching this whole thing last night and I was seeing what he was trying to do to his people. He was trying to take all the shift and focus off of the elections and trying to turn it on the "real enemies". I think that he is getting to the point of losing control of his own govt, and that is the only reason that he was trying to shift attention.
About the photoshopping of the crowd, naw, that didnt happen. He has his supporters who will die for him, and the other side has theirs but I dont think that the crowds there were fake at all.
They say death to the UK and death to America, but the fact of the matter is they can not even get their own people to come together on who their leader should be. As I watched this happen, it just re-assured me in my stance that I do NOT believe that these people should have any kind of Nucleor capability. "Death to the UK Death to America" should prove that point. You dont see America, or China, or Russia saying these things about other nations because our leaders are held responsible for our words, these maniacs are not. Should I have any reason to trust the Iranian Govt.?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

About 1. Not even that.

Indian subcontinent was first "invaded" in the early 1800's and then it was mainly Indians vs Indians competing for the affection of the British East India Company. The Raj wasn't implemented until 1858 and lasted until 1947.

As for North Africa, we only really got involved in Egypt, supporting a rebellion against the Ottomans and influencing them through a puppet King. We didn;t get involved in internal affairs, but mainly controlled them to stifle other Imperial powers.

The Middle East wasn't taken until after WW1, when we inherited former Ottoman territories. Iran was a different story though as we got involved to counter the spread of the Russian Empire and to protect our interests in India from Russian expansion. Look up the "Great Game" and learn some history.

As for slavery, as was said, we got into it late and then realised what a horror it was, being the first nation in the west to ban it and actively hunted slave ships going to America for decades after.

It was never allowed in Europe anyway and the North Africans were the worst for it, leading slave raids up the Med coast and even as far as Cornwall and southern England, taking white people as slaves.

Lets not forget that it was Arab slave traders fuelling the whole sordid affair from the time it started until the time it was stamped out. Even today, the Arabs still practice slavery in places such as the Sudan.

So, what were you saying?

[edit on 19/6/09 by stumason]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

For a tiny little country we practcally owned half the world at one point. we raped and pillaged the resources of many lands, installed despots, broke up nations, redrew boarders, established new countries.

We have a hell of a lot to answer for. Why couldnt we be like Denmark or Sweeden

[edit on 19-6-2009 by woodwardjnr]

Note from America: Thanks for establishing new countries! You have a hell of a lot to answer for.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Maybe this is just me digging a bit too deep but as stated in the article, the ayatollah had said that Ahmadinejad won by 11 million votes, and then posed the question how could you rig an 11 million vote margin. Normally i would agree, but this country has had a long and storied history of shady election's, soooo maybe in the ayatollah's flawed logic this was the perfect cover; make it so outrageous that it has to be true. Most of the rhetoric that comes out of that country's government is outrageous anyways.

Again maybe i'm digging too deep and i look at things this way. If it doesn't make sense then it's not true.

Godspeed to the freedom seekers of Iran!!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman

You don't seem to understand that there is a difference between antipathy and psychopathy. To use past events from 2 or more generations ago as an excuse for inciting hatred is beyond being rational when we're talking about leaders of a country. Respect is earnt and what matters is who is alive today and how we should all learn to get on.

If Iranian academics or educated Iranian's wish to dicuss this with UK academics I'm sure they'd be willing, and I'm sure they do. The UK is not trying to hide the past, but there is a time and place in which to discuss this. The past is no excuse for Khaminei to act in this way showing lack of respect to the free world as a whole, and only shows us all that he's inept.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
We truly live in strange days. . !
Here on ATS we have scores of posts about how the British government have worked one up the people with their expence claims, how our police force is becoming out of control and how our leaders are carrying out orders from the shadowy elite and the NWO. As one we all cried at the top of our voices how these hypocrites should be thrown out of parliament and fed to the lions, but an Iranian certified loon says we are trechorous and we all start passionately defending our country.
Come on guys, we're either whiter than white, honest and open or this madman from Iran does indeed have a point.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Hmmm... India didn't seem to pissed off with me when i visited. If anything i thought it was the Pakistani's who disliked the British Raj over the divide of Kashmir?

Also i don't remember anything about Indian slaves? Servants, workers, definately.... but that occurs on a daily basis in the 21st century.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join