It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ayatollah: Death to the treacherous UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Ayatollah: Death to the treacherous UK

www.metro.co.uk

Crowds chanted "Death to the UK" as Iran's supreme leader described the British government as the "most treacherous".

Tens of thousands of Iranians chanted "Death to the UK, Israel and the US" as Ayatollah Ali Khamenei made his first address to the nation since opposition supporters flooded Tehran's streets in an unprecedented challenge to the country's ruling clerics.

Khamenei blamed Great Britain and Iran's "external enemies" for the unrest.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.sky.com

[edit on 19/6/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This is scary stuff.
Listening to those chants made me realize (again) just how we're thought of by many countries of the world.
The crowd were completely immersed in this and it kind of reminded me of some of Hitler's speeches and the crowd reactions.
I wonder where all this is heading, with ever increasing tensions between Iran and the UK,USA and Israel.... is it only a matter of time before military action is used?

www.metro.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.sky.com

[edit on 6/19/2009 by semperfortis]

[edit on 19/6/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Weeell...I hate Labour too. I think he's got the right idea: perhaps we should "request" Gordon Brown fall on his sword...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

I don't think that's quite was this is about, but yes...i think most of us hate labour, in fact.....have a strong dislike of all mainstream parties, and most of the smaller ones too.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
We've been blamed for all the world's ill's for years now.
The Middle East, Africa, Indian sub-continent, America, blah blah blah.

This is nothing new and just the usual anti-UK rhetoric we expect to see and hear from Khamenei and Ahmenidjad.

This is purely for the benefit of Iranian people themselves and is an effort at deflecting from the internal conflicts which are rife at present.

So, no suprise and nothing to unduly worry about.

We Brits have thick skins and broad shoulders, we have to.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I don't think that's quite was this is about, but yes...i think most of us hate labour, in fact.....have a strong dislike of all mainstream parties, and most of the smaller ones too.

I know, I was trying to be a bit light-hearted about the fact that the leadership of another nation wants to eradicate me...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
I know, I was trying to be a bit light-hearted about the fact that the leadership of another nation wants to eradicate me...

Fair enough, who am i to stand in the way of your escapism eh?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
As we have seen in the past few days all of Iran doesn't think the same and don't want the same things. They don't like this guy as much as we're lead to believe. Isn't it funny though, how they want a change and the West gets blamed yet again?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
It's more propaganda from another leader who wants to line his pockets with profit and remain in total control of his slaves.

Forget about it... not worth the concern.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
This is purely for the benefit of Iranian people themselves and is an effort at deflecting from the internal conflicts which are rife at present.

Oh very true mate, they need an enemy or enemies to get some stability and cohesion back in the country.
An old tactic but one that works rather well.

So, no suprise and nothing to unduly worry about.
We Brits have thick skins and broad shoulders, we have to.

I'm not so much worried as i am resigned to the fact that something is going to happen.
All this talk and "squaring up" between the countries will only go on for so long... how long is the question.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
For a tiny little country we practcally owned half the world at one point. we raped and pillaged the resources of many lands, installed despots, broke up nations, redrew boarders, established new countries.

We have a hell of a lot to answer for. Why couldnt we be like Denmark or Sweeden

[edit on 19-6-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Yea I watched the last part of this live on TV, and it made me realize that our propaganda machines are nothing compared to this. These people were hanging onto every single word that this guy was spilling out, and it made me realize that it doesnt matter who wins or loses the elections, these people are behind this guy 100 percent, and if he says to do something, the people will do it, with honor. At the end of the whole speech, rows, and rows, and rows of men were just crying their eyes out for this man, it made the Obamanites in those youtube videos look like nothing in comparisson. I dont think the riots are going to continue, and if they do, I will be very suprised because these people look like they were beingmesmorized into stop fighting each other, but fighting the 'real' enemy, us. He made it really clear who their enemies were, The US and Britain(but mostly towards the US and Obama-even Clinton).
I wont be suprised if a war starts out here real soon because of this, there was a lot of name calling and fear mongering comming from this man, and while some of it may have been true to some degree, most of it in my opinion was straight up propaganda. I dont think its going to get any "better" in any sense, at anytime in the near future.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Because if we hadn't done it someone else would have done and they would have probably been a lot LESS benevolent than we were.

Just look at The Spanish and how they treat the countries they conquered.

And we also did a lot of good and the drive for Empire was the spur that enabled The Industrial Revolution and numerous technical advancements.

Why not be like Sweden and Denmark?
Because they are boring and nondescript!

Far too many people judge the acts and deeds of yesterday by the morals and standards of today.
A big mistake.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
If thats the case, and to show that I harbour no ill will to the Iranian people, seeing as they 'hate' the UK, please take note that it is NOT the fault of the average citizen in the UK , but the Government, WE are in the the same predicament your people are, we have been lied to by our treacherous Government too. so therefore I respectfully ask that any action taken is to be taken agaisnt them and NOT the people.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Good post. My sister went to India recently, and apparently whenever she told someone she was English, they'd say "thanks for the railroads!".

The empire was, in my opinion, more good than evil.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
No offence to Iran of course, but can you sod off and leave the hating the UK to our own Government please....

They seem to de doing a fine job of alienating us all, so go back to your own problems and leave the decline of the UK to Gordon Brown and chums.

many thanks

Mr L

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

Thank you.

Many, many Indians rue the demise of The Raj and look at how some African countries have deteriorated into chaos and despotism since independance.

I do not advocate a return to a British Empire and I do not deny that some artrocities occurred in it's name.

But it was not all bad and was a product of it's time and should be judged on the values and morals of the day.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I think you will find these people screaming death to the UK are simply Ayatollah Ali Khamenei & Ahmadinejad supporters... which is to be expected. They are poor people with little to no education.

There's little to worry about. There are more people in Iran screaming for the heads of Khamenei & Ahmadinejad... and those dudes have to live there!

Just classic deflection tactics IMHO. It was to be expected.

IRM

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

For a tiny little country we practcally owned half the world at one point.

And that's what makes what we achieved even more remarkable.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Whats new.
We have people in this country chanting that in our own streets anyway.
We just take it, because we aren't allowed to upset anyone...that's the governments job.

At least we have good military defensive ability, tight immigration laws, sensible policing, a smart peace keeping government, soldiers not pointlessly tied up in stupid battles abroad and aren't a tiny island dragged into every bickering religious idiot groups argument....oh wait.

Leave us alone, we have enough on our plates we didn't want in the first place, we don't want to be involved despite what the idiot fat cats in suits in parliament may say.
Get on with your lives, leave us to ours, and when the SHTF don't come lining up to sponge off us tax paying treacherous scum.

Countries wanted us out of their business, we got out, and yet we are still being bitched at, we left you alone, leave us alone.
Show's the British Empire might have been better off staying put.
Leave us alone, we aren't sending no more aid, no more troops and just pretend we are an invisible island.
You wanted us not involved, stop involving us.
Kick out the traitors and complainers and design a new government because this place is ffff messed up.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by keepithush]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join