It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 'dreams' of being paralized

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
On numerous occations I have had 'dreams of being fully paralized. This scares the crap out of me so if anyone could help or tell me what this is I would greatly appreciate it.

The fist time it happened I was lying in my old bed at my grans house. I just got into bed,and lying there on my back for a second all of a sudden, I could not move. Then a slender woman in a floral dress came slowly towards me, her face was a blurr of black. She put a pillow case over my head as if to strangle me but there was no physical pressure.

The second time, I was lying on my stomach in my aunts spare room, still awake as I have difficulty falling asleep. Again,suddenly I was paralized, I could see what was happening behind me, a man in a black coat and hood walked towards me and packed four baggs of cement on my back. This time the physical pressure was so great I realy could'nt breathe and all I could move was my pinky finger.

The last time wasnt quite suffocationg but it went like this- I was laying in my own bed and asked my boyfriend if he was sleeping, he didnt answer... I was scared because I could hear someone in the house. Again, I was completely paralized and heard someone coming up the stairs. When I saw it, it was a girl draging herself with her arms as if she couldnt use her legs..she had matted black hair and big brown eyes like mine. She slowly made her way up my arm with her hands and trying to pull me off the bed. The look in her eyes was needy like she wanted something from me and she had this freaky weird grin on her face. when I eventually snapped out of it my boyfriend woke from the way I jolted up in the bed. I was in tears! this was seriously the worst experience ever.

Does anyone know what this means? If it means anything at all?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Jinx, I'm not saying this is THE answer... just a possibility...

But, check out Sleep Paralysis.
Theres a bunch of threads on here about it.

Now, I realize that you are having dreams in addition to the paralysis sensation, but perhaps it is your mind elaborating on your emotion of fear because of your sleep paralysis.

Good Luck

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have similar dreams. I wont go into great detail, but they normally occur when I fall asleep on my back or when I break down and take a sleeping pill in order to get any rest.

They are quite strange though. Much of the time I'm unable to move myself from where I'm sleeping, and sometimes I'm able to move but it takes A LOT of effort to do so.

I've never seen anyone around me when it happens. Typically I'm just alone and it only lasts for what seems like five minutes before I wake up with my adrenaline pumping.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 07/05/2008 by leakingignorance]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Hi, thanks so much for your post. I did some reading up on other peoples experiences and I think you're right. My negative thoughts/fears might be playing a role in the freaky people that apear in these situations. But unfortunately I'ts something I've tried to block out but my mind runs away with me so easily. Thanks for the advice!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Hi, so you where kindof right after all, check this out-
montalk.net...

"Just as there are physical pathogens like bacteria, viruses, and parasites, so are there nonphysical pathogens in the form of etheric parasites, discarnate humans, aliens and demonic beings that can attach themselves to a living person, drain their energy and influence their thoughts, feelings, and personality. The situation is analogous to several centuries ago when society knew nothing of physical pathogens and the bacterial and viral origins of disease. They fell ill and knew neither the cause nor medical remedy. Likewise, today people get attachments and know neither the cause nor remedy. "

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Its called sleep paralysis. I know it can be scary at first but there's a lot of scarier things that can happen to you in the mind. Trust me. Besides, the more you get scared of it the worse it'll be, and trust me, your completely safe while in sleep paralysis. I myself have had hundreds of episodes. If you want to try something fun next time it happens, while your paralyzed levitate your body up in the air. How do you do this? Just like you can move your body naturally right now, you will be able to do this while in sleep paralysis. Once you have separated the astral from the body you can go around universe.

new topics

top topics

join