It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neat Coin!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I was at a gas station today, and a guy walked up (obviously been under the influence for what seemed like weeks, driving a breathtaking truck) and reached into his pocket and pulled out a 1976 Bicentennial Eisenhower United States Dollar Coin, that look like pure gold!

He said it was all he had, and she accepted I quickly ran up and traded my dollar for it.

I've tried googling it but I can only find the Silver one, so i'm very curious if any coin collectors know the price of it, it's in excellent condition.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Man, I found it in ebay for a buy it now price for about 6.95.

Well my hopes were up momentarily. I've never seen a gold coin that old.

If anything though, i'm pretty sure it's 24 karrots.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
All I can find is this:

wiki.answers.com...

($4-$6).

I can't find anything about them being gold, though.

Or if you're artsy I guess you could turn it into a bolo tie and get a little over $40 for it.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I saw that too, his is only two toned, mine is solid gold! Muawahaha.

He hasn't had any sales on it though, he's just pipe dreaming. There's a collection coin people thing, around we're i live I'll check that out.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

I saw that too, his is only two toned, mine is solid gold! Muawahaha.

Yes, I noticed. Shoot for $100!

A couple of weeks ago I went to the beach. When buying a bathing suit, they had 'surprise grab bags' at the counter for children. I bought one on impulse for my son. When we got back to my parent's beach house, I opened the bag to find a necklace. My mother (who makes jewelry as a hobby) swears it's real gold.

It was either a mistake that it ended up in the bag, it's simply gold plated, or she's wrong and it's just some cheap metal. It's hideous so I don't plan on wearing it but I'd like to take it somewhere eventually to find out for sure.

The store was pretty nice and they did have some gold jewelry in there so it's not impossible- just far fetched. It definitely wasn't a toy and didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the stuff in the bag (various toys for boys and candy.)

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

You can go to your local jeweler and they'll test it without harming it.

I saw you're video, and I wouldn't at all take you as someone having a kid!

Not of looks but age wise!

Well, I guess i'm just going to hold on to it, if they USA goes to crap, sooner or later some other countries collector will want it!

new topics

top topics

join