It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Wants To Move The Earth And Destroy The Moon!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
All this tells me is that sometimes. Just sometimes; scientists get bored.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thats a stupid idea. Did they know that we need the moon to stir our oceans and help create the seasons. It applys small gravitational pull.

If we destroy the moon or even move the earth farther out. We will die. Further out orbit could result in getting hit with more meteorites or other junk.Plus we need the moon or a device to keep moving our earth to create seasons.

This is just a stupid Idea? I wounder where this guy got his education???

Just to me sounds like the idea is really stupid and someone needs to go back to college and relearn their expertise.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
ehhem, Cough... Soooo The solution is to move away from the sun and NOT decrease green house gas emissions eh? This whole carbon tax green house gas BS is a fraud. Funny how now the sun is the culprit. No Sh!t Sherlock.

BTW, still global warming on mars man. Doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Whoa! Who came first Thundarr or He-Man??? They even ripped off Beastman, Teala, and Man E Faces!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
As I see it "they" aren't going to let us do anything that would in any way interfere with what they have created, the Earth and the Moon in this case.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I keep waiting for someone/some company to decide they would like to purchase the sun... then they can do whatever they want with/to it.

I mean... people buy the rights to other suns and planets further out, i've seen them advertised for years saying "buy your child their own star because it's as big as their dreams!" and corny # like that..... talk about taxin' the people! GIVE ME MY TAX FOR YOUR SUNLIGHT USAGE SLAVE!!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
OR THE SWAT TEAMS COMING!!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

This just makes me laugh. Not laughing because it's funny... laughing because it never fails to amaze me that these "geniuses" called rocket scientists are so fricken stupid!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Im surprised to see the article isn't "Terrorists plot to blow up moon" or "Bin Laden declares jihad on the lunar cycle" or are terrorists out of fasion now?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WuzThatAnAlien?
I keep waiting for someone/some company to decide they would like to purchase the sun... then they can do whatever they want with/to it.

I mean... people buy the rights to other suns and planets further out, i've seen them advertised for years saying "buy your child their own star because it's as big as their dreams!" and corny # like that..... talk about taxin' the people! GIVE ME MY TAX FOR YOUR SUNLIGHT USAGE SLAVE!!

I purchased a whole star system from the a government run agency in Canada (observatory) back in the 80's. I currently own Aquila 58, 347 light years away and it's an A0III type star.

I hope it's in a quite neighbourhood
I'd prefer to not have too many noisey people in the next star system lowering property values. Once I figure out the transportation problem I'll start taking resumee's for those wanting to imigrate.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Haha... see, my point! Very nice... you went for the buy the neighborhood approach rather then the corner lot! I like your style.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
How is this stupid? It is a proven way to cool the planet. Just because you do not like it does not mean it is stupid. In fact to pull off something like this, and have it go according to plan would be amazing! Scientist come up with ideas all the time.. that's what they do. Investigating a theory and then actually DOING it are two totally different things. NASA might be saying they agree this would work.. nothing more. Have things gotten so bad they would do a solution this drastic.. NO. Maybe if we colonized other planets by then and wanted to cool the Earth for re-colonization in the future.. then something like this might be approved. We might even be due for a ice age around the corner... so why cool the planet drastically before we are SURE what the problem is? This is just a theory that would move the planet further from the sun. I don't even think this is correct.. but I could be wrong. Don't you loose distance when you speed up in orbit? So this would bring it closer to the sun not further? Like I said I could be totally wrong on that and if you go faster you gain altitude?

The LCROSS mission launched yesterday will not permanently take away 360 tons or whatever from the moon.. it all will eventually fall back down to the moon surface. Yup the moon has this thing called gravity too. That will actually be a pretty small impact for the moon and should have no impact on Earth. So no, there not doing it right now as some of you believe either.

For all whom say this is "stupid" or whatever, where is your solution to the problem. If you think there is a problem in the first place is not the issue. Though I really should say it should be. I believe people should make sure what the problem is first before jumping to solutions.. but that's just human stupidity.. emm I mean nature.

People are paying to find solutions, not opinions. So where is your solution to the "problem"? Hey I have one we should kill humans and then no more people will be able to drive cars and burn coal for power. Plus we are all around 98 degree's so removing all that body heat will cool things off! Why start there we could kill all the things on this planet.. it WOULD cool things off, but that does not mean they will do it. So where can I pick up my check?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretUsername

It is STUPID. Yeah, they come up with ideas. Cross breeding bee's so we have killer bee's now. GM food that is doing God knows what. We do not know enough about gravity and the delicate balance of life on Earth. To try something as ignorant as this.

Besides didn't you see the new H.G wells time machine? They blew up the moon and dam near killed everything on the planet.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_

Destroying the moon would totally screw up the earths whobble which would effect the seasons. Talk about screwing up a planet. And theoretically, how do you move the moon, or earth?

Well, if you watch the [adult swim] show "Frisky Dingo", Killface used his 'Ahnilatrix' to try to push the earth into the sun, but it backfired and only moved the planet 3m. So a Giant rocket attached to the earth would work.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well,I haven't the time to read all the posts ...but for the last year and a half the son has been in a deep solar minimum(it's cooler and dimmer). The 70 year deep solar minimum, the Maunder Minimum, caused the little ice age. We may not have to worry about global warming.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I wonder if this what the crop circles were referring to lol

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Please R E A D the post I made earlier:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The jest is that the poster that started this thread was conned by a hoax.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It must be a young crowd here. When I read the original post, I was sure that someone would comment that this guy must have done his theorizing while watching SPACE 1999 reruns. We don't need H-bombs, just build Moonbase Alpha, ship up the nuke waste, wait for the 'accident'.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
this is just to say later after the fact "oops sorry 3 billion people that died, we didnt think of a variable and the universe well didnt lend a hand so..sorry".

But i have theories on moving earth using the grid tuned up at a frequency and the magnetosphere attenuated somehow to a spactral frequency of some kind, perhaps some kind of reflective particle effect. And find a mathematically sound place to move to in an orbit of a similar gravitic area near a heat source that is relatively doscile and voila a planet jump.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC
Why the heck not? I mean the moon was moved to the earths orbit... why not push it away??

BECAUSE IT'S INSANE!!! Think of it, logically, the tides would go out of sync, dogs & cats living together..... Judgement Day **judgement day**

Nice find again Mr Singh

Golly gee willakers, without the moon where would the lunatics come from?!

oO

*boom boom*

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join